• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echo Fighters over time?

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I think the big hope is echo fighters who will hopefully distinguish themselves more in the future, but if it's dlc I'd rather pay for an accurate representation now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to put in one of the older versions of Link (OOT or twilight princess) as an echo of breath of the wild link?
I would say there wouldn't be enough difference but if spunky attitude is enough for Daisy and different holy water's enough for Richter then original Bombs, gel boomerang and clawshot would be enough for TP Link.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I would say there wouldn't be enough difference but if spunky attitude is enough for Daisy and different holy water's enough for Richter then original Bombs, gel boomerang and clawshot would be enough for TP Link.
Careful now, they might be too different then.

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
I would take Ghirahim from zelda skyward sword any day as an echo fighter it could be over marth. I know they are not from the same series and Marth already has Lucina as an echo fighter but cant a young man dream?

Last edited:

GanonKanon

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7677 1915 7484
If there's gonna be an Echo fighter for Luigi, then it better be Waluigi.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Correction : if there’s gonnna be an echo fighter for anyone, then it better be Waluigi
Correction: you don't know what's an echo fighter.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If there's gonna be an Echo fighter for Luigi, then it better be Waluigi.
It'll probably be Dr.Luigi though. :ultdoc::ultluigi:

However, which Echoes I would really want are the following:

- Impa, as a Sheik Echo. :ultsheik: With different aesthetics for the Up B Vanish attack, stemming more from BotW. Needles could be replaced with kunai, the grenade could be replaced with Deku Nuts or Link's Remote Bomb. She would be based on her Skyward Sword incarnation.

- Yarn Yoshi, obvious :ultyoshi: Echo. Just Yoshi, but with the yarn look, Egg Roll is now how it works in the Yoshi Yarn games. If I could add any other changes, I'd probably make him a lightweight and floaty, but that won't happen due to the nature of Echoes.

- Funky Kong, a chill and goofy :ultdk: Echo. Unique attack: Up B, which sends Funky up more vertically than DK's Spinning Kong using his surfboard.

- The Hero of Time :linkmelee:, :ultlink: Echo. Because of his prominence in the Zelda franchise. He's exactly like :ultlink: but has a Hootshot grab, and regular Down B bombs, taken from :ultyounglink:'s moveset.

- Blaziken, a cross franchise Echo based on :ultfalcon: except all attacks are fire based and a unique Final Smash.

1FC0

Smash Lord
TP also has other bombs, jabs, and arrows. I think he differs quite a lot. He would probably be more like Young Link than Link.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to put in one of the older versions of Link (OOT or twilight princess) as an echo of breath of the wild link?
Yeah. He's pretty much my dream Echo.

BotW Link is just too different from classic Link to satisfy me, but I still want him to be in. That's why I want Classic Link to be an Echo of him or Young Link.

He should have the same stats as Adult Link, but with YL's animations generally, the Hookshot, normal bombs, and no double arrow.

His costumes should be TP Link and OoT Link, voices included for both. But a crazy idea I have is to give him actual Classic Link (LoZ-ALttP and most later 2D games) as yet another alt (with ALBW voice).

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yeah. He's pretty much my dream Echo.

BotW Link is just too different from classic Link to satisfy me, but I still want him to be in. That's why I want Classic Link to be an Echo of him or Young Link.

He should have the same stats as Adult Link, but with YL's animations generally, the Hookshot, normal bombs, and no double arrow.

His costumes should be TP Link and OoT Link, voices included for both. But a crazy idea I have is to give him actual Classic Link (LoZ-ALttP and most later 2D games) as yet another alt (with ALBW voice).
Classic Link is somewhat covered by Toon Link.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Classic Link is somewhat covered by Toon Link.
Young Link is more like the classic Link, because Toon has no kicks, is floatier, lost the two part fsmash, and his dair sends him downward. But still, there is no Link in SSBU that perfectly represents the conventional Link.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Young Link is more like the classic Link, because Toon has no kicks, is floatier, lost the two part fsmash, and his dair sends him downward. But still, there is no Link in SSBU that perfectly represents the conventional Link.
I meant Toon Link has a brown haired color.

Quillion

Smash Hero
*Conventional Adult Link.

You are right, though. But I'm still not satisfied with YL trying to compensate for the lack of Classic Adult Link.

I meant Toon Link has a brown haired color.
That's about as satisfying as Luigi having a Waluigi palette to Waluigi fans.

Arthur97

Smash Master
*Conventional Adult Link.

You are right, though. But I'm still not satisfied with YL trying to compensate for the lack of Classic Adult Link.

That's about as satisfying as Luigi having a Waluigi palette to Waluigi fans.
Not quite the same. Most of the Links are fairly similar.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Akuma would’ve been a cooler echo than Ken. He’s just a cooler character in general with a cooler model and they definitely would’ve been able to make subtle changes to make him different enough from Ryu

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Akuma would’ve been a cooler echo than Ken. He’s just a cooler character in general with a cooler model and they definitely would’ve been able to make subtle changes to make him different enough from Ryu
Literally any of Ryu's echo fighters would have been better than Ken. Except maybe Sean.

Then again I just don't like Ken that much.

Zoruad

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
7755 3817 4293
I doubt that they'll add echoes for characters already in the game, but if they did I would like:

- Jeanne to echo :ultbayonetta:

- Protoman to echo :ultmegaman:

- Big Boss/Naked Snake to echo :ultsnake:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Literally any of Ryu's echo fighters would have been better than Ken. Except maybe Sean.

Then again I just don't like Ken that much.
The point is to be similar, not to be different. Yes, they may all have more potential, but it either wouldn't be met or they'd stretch the echo title even further. Personally, I don't like how much care went into Ken compared to the others, so I definitely don't want a more unique one.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want Vector the Crocodile as echo fighter.
Of....who?

Vector is quite literally nothing like K.Rool and he doesn't have a build or skill set that's like any current character.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Of Sonic or Bowser maybe.
Vector straight up doesn't have Sonic's body type, proportions or physical attributes that are used in attacks (like say, his spines).

Same thing for Bowser, there is no shell.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Vector straight up doesn't have Sonic's body type, proportions or physical attributes that are used in attacks (like say, his spines).

Same thing for Bowser, there is no shell.
Every Sonic character plays like Sonic. E.g. for Tails it also makes no sense to roll up but he does it anyway. And so does Vector in Sonic Heroes. Also Knuckles knows the Homing Attack in SSBU so evidently giving a few of Sonic moves to Sonic characters who never used those moves is no problem.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Every Sonic character plays like Sonic. E.g. for Tails it also makes no sense to roll up but he does it anyway. And so does Vector in Sonic Heroes. Also Knuckles knows the Homing Attack in SSBU so evidently giving a few of Sonic moves to Sonic characters who never used those moves is no problem.
Vector has a slightly similar skillset. He CAN do the special moves.

But he can't do any of Sonic's normals, which was the problem. That's why I brought up Body type, proportions and physical attributes like spikes.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Vector has a slightly similar skillset. He CAN do the special moves.

But he can't do any of Sonic's normals, which was the problem. That's why I brought up Body type, proportions and physical attributes like spikes.
Maybe they should just add Professor Vector instead of Vector. That way people can still play as a Vector and Professor Vector can easily be made an Echo of Professor Hector.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
The point is to be similar, not to be different. Yes, they may all have more potential, but it either wouldn't be met or they'd stretch the echo title even further. Personally, I don't like how much care went into Ken compared to the others, so I definitely don't want a more unique one.
I know that’s the system now but I would be nice I’d echo fighters had slight changes (Marth and Lucina/Roy and Chrom) to their mechanics to make them actually different. If Akuma was an echo he could get something like a charge that goes into a short aura (like Cloud’s limit). I think that would be cool

Arthur97

Smash Master
I know that’s the system now but I would be nice I’d echo fighters had slight changes (Marth and Lucina/Roy and Chrom) to their mechanics to make them actually different. If Akuma was an echo he could get something like a charge that goes into a short aura (like Cloud’s limit). I think that would be cool
But Ken is already the most unique, much to my chagrin, give another echo/series a chance.

Top Bottom