• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echo Fighters over time?

Steran

still learning
NNID
Death
Switch FC
SW 1887-2353-4502
With Sakurai giving echo fighters an actual name and giving them their stack-ability do you think they're gonna keep making them for the game? I'm hoping for echo fighter updates over time since they don't take too long to create. Thoughts?
also who would you want as an echo?

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Shadow is the most notable. Maybe Blood Falcon for some F-Zero? Maybe Proto Man and Mrs. Pac Man? Dry Bowser?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
As much as I'd love for this to happen it seems very unlikely at this rate.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If echoes are easy to create, I'd love some coming in with the Mii costume packs. I'd expect they'd be a bit more expensive than a Mii costume, but not as much as a full character. I'd buy them if I liked them.

Biggest one I need - Tails. I'd also love Twili Midna as a Zelda echo.

Unfortunately, further DLC isn't looking promising right now, despite the fact that it would absolutely make bank.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I can see them as free update additions to tide everyone over.

I still would say Classic Link (Classic, TP, and/or OoT with pre-Ultimate moveset) is the only essential addition. They could easily recycle the model and animations from Smash 4.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
They wouldn't be free. If they're charging us money for Mii costumes, no way we're getting echoes for free.

I agree that they really should capitalize on the positive reception and make more of them, but I don't see it happening sadly. Maybe if there's enough fan demand? Also I'm not even a Shadow fan but it is weird as hell that they didn't just go ahead and make him an echo fighter. Would've made a lot of former emo middle schoolers happy.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
I would LOVE to have WALUIGI as an echo of LUIGI, NINTEN as an echo of NESS, DIXIE as an echo of DIDDY and SHADOW as an echo of SONIC.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would LOVE to have WALUIGI as an echo of LUIGI, NINTEN as an echo of NESS, DIXIE as an echo of DIDDY and SHADOW as an echo of SONIC.
Waluigi wouldn't work as an echo of Luigi, they have different body types.

Quillion

Smash Hero
They wouldn't be free. If they're charging us money for Mii costumes, no way we're getting echoes for free.
Hmm, you're right. Maybe they could be just 4.00 each if that covers the cost of simply modeling the character and making slight hitbox changes.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Hopefully Impa as an echo of Sheik (would prefer semi clone but whatever) or Octolings as an echo of the Inklings, but only the latter seems likely at this point.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
We've already got a thread for this.

That said, I'm hoping that, in between the big new paid character reveals, we end up getting a few more echoes scattered in for free. Kinda like how Smash 4 DLC was a mix of returning old characters and new ones.

Ones I really want:
Bass for Mega Man
Shadow for Sonic
Impa for Sheik
Black Shadow for Captain Falcon

Other possibilities:
Ninten for Ness
Galacta Knight for Meta Knight
Liquid Snake or Big Boss for Snake
Jeanne for Bayonetta
Zack for Cloud
Dry Bowser for Bowser
Dixie for Diddy
Funky for DK

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Why do so many people want Ninten in the game? He's undoubtedly important, and the first Mother game has gotten no representation whatsoever, I get that, but I think Porky and Masked Man are just objectively better choices. If Ninten was added, we'd have 3 incredibly Mother reps, and on top of that, the ONLY Mother reps are similar.

Also, I think Funky wouldn't be an echo of DK, but instead only borrow a few moves. I feel like his moveset would utilize his surfboard more, and personally, I'd even be fine with seeing the flame runner from MKWii integrated in there somewhere to pay homage to the most widely used character-vehicle combo in the most massively popular and commercially successful Mario Kart thus far.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Why do so many people want Ninten in the game? He's undoubtedly important, and the first Mother game has gotten no representation whatsoever, I get that, but I think Porky and Masked Man are just objectively better choices. If Ninten was added, we'd have 3 incredibly Mother reps, and on top of that, the ONLY Mother reps are similar.

Also, I think Funky wouldn't be an echo of DK, but instead only borrow a few moves. I feel like his moveset would utilize his surfboard more, and personally, I'd even be fine with seeing the flame runner from MKWii integrated in there somewhere to pay homage to the most widely used character-vehicle combo in the most massively popular and commercially successful Mario Kart thus far.
Ninten would be fairly easy is the main thing here I think. At least as far as echoes go.

And, what echo here except Richter (because several of his moves went into Simon's moveset) and Ken (who is more or less what he's supposed to be) couldn't be at least a semi clone? It's the price they pay whether you like it or not (I don't).

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Ninten would be fairly easy is the main thing here I think. At least as far as echoes go.

And, what echo here except Richter (because several of his moves went into Simon's moveset) and Ken (who is more or less what he's supposed to be) couldn't be at least a semi clone? It's the price they pay whether you like it or not (I don't).
Personally, I'd find it a massive disservice to the Mother series if Ninten was included over my aforementioned picks, but again, just my two cents on the issue.

And to be fair, Ken is essentially a semi-clone of Ryu branded as an echo fighter because they just decided to stick with their initial plan of making him one. Their movesets, while similar, are still different enough to escape the realm of the echoes.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ken actually could be a semi-clone if he and Ryu took more from later Street Fighters.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Yeah, of course any of these characters could be unique. The point is that they're too unimportant or unpopular to make it in otherwise, so copying another fighter's moveset is their only way in. Of course Funky Kong could have his own moveset, there's more than enough potential for it, but the fact that he can echo DK as seen in Tropical Freeze for Switch gives him way more of an opportunity.
That said, I'm hoping that, in between the big new paid character reveals, we end up getting a few more echoes scattered in for free.
Why would echoes be free when they're charging us for Mii costumes?

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
If they make more Mii costumes, why can't they make more costumes for other characters too?
There's a number of outfits of characters not represented in the game. Heck, they could make up new outfits and if they were funny/cool people would still buy that. I'd really like if they made many funny costumes.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yeah, of course any of these characters could be unique. The point is that they're too unimportant or unpopular to make it in otherwise, so copying another fighter's moveset is their only way in. Of course Funky Kong could have his own moveset, there's more than enough potential for it, but the fact that he can echo DK as seen in Tropical Freeze for Switch gives him way more of an opportunity.

Why would echoes be free when they're charging us for Mii costumes?
You realize Lucina is more popular than most of the FE characters, right? Daisy is no slouch in her own right and being a Mario character gives her quite the boost, and Chrom is fairly well liked as well.

Dark Pit and maybe Dark Samus are really the only ones that seem to fit both of those criteria.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Why is Lucina an echo then? Why didn't they go all-out to make her a unique character? And they don't need to fit "both" of the criteria, that's why I used the word "or".

Also, you're just taking me too literally in general. Relax. No one is attacking your precious girl.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Why is Lucina an echo then? Why didn't they go all-out to make her a unique character? And they don't need to fit "both" of the criteria, that's why I used the word "or".

Also, you're just taking me too literally in general. Relax. No one is attacking your precious girl.
Never mind I included most of the echoes.

Because it was easy and Sakurai apparently loves easy while insisting on uniqueness for some.

And just what is it you have against echoes anyways? You seem to actively dislike them.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I...have no idea what you're talking about. I don't like certain echoes like Daisy or Dark Pit but I don't hate the concept on principle.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I...have no idea what you're talking about. I don't like certain echoes like Daisy or Dark Pit but I don't hate the concept on principle.
Yet you go around saying they are unpopular or unimportant. Speaking to my experience, Chrom and Lucina are both popular and important to their home series.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Okay, fine. They're characters who could be in the game but are too similar-looking to be unique. Is that good?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If we get more echo fighters through DLC a part of me wants some of Ryu's other clone characters to be in just as a joke to how many there are in his home series.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I think they had made echoes because of the low amount of newcomers we got this time and certain characters could work as alts with different properties.

I rather them stick with making unique or semi clones for dlc at this point, I don't have any desire for more glorified costumed characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still think that Zelda plus Brawl Zelda's voice and some Palutena attacks would make a good Hilda.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to put in one of the older versions of Link (OOT or twilight princess) as an echo of breath of the wild link?

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
If they were to add anymore echoes as DLC, I'd want them to add Hilda from ALBW. I'm honestly surprised she wasn't a base game character.

Bigg_Official

Smash Rookie
NNID
littlesnowball
Switch FC
SW-3288-0122-4917
Octoling, Louie from Pikmin 2 (Instead maybe the President, Brittney or Charlie), and another Punch Out fighter like Glass Joe would all be interesting echo fighting candidates imo.

Ms. Pac-Man is unlikely due to Namco not actually fully owning the rights to her, as she was originally created through a hack of the original Pac-Man game.

7 or 7

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1094 6225 9234
My first idea is Blood Falcon or Phoenix as Captain Falcon's echo fighter, I really hate how Falcon doesn't have a skin representing Phoenix but whatever lol. Funky could be DK's echo fighter, Dixie could work as Diddy's as well. I'd love to see Glass Joe as Mac's echo fighter, Medusa as Palutena's echo would be awesome as well. Galacta Knight was the only echo (besides Dark Samus) I wanted during the Smash Ultimate hype days, I just want the Kirby series to get some more representation lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom