• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Regional Event #1: XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. - Wallingford, CT - Jun 7, 08

noodles

Smash Champion
i hated my placement last breasticle. chibosempai (close matches i won set) cort (guess) HBK (see cort)..........fack after getting my *** whupped by hbk in melee i figured id beat him in brawl...boy was i wrong.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
arigth so samshers do seeding opposite of how figthing game players do it thank you for the clarification.
Cause when good ST players like DSP and JWong enter a Super Turbo tourney they get placed higher in the brackets and get Bye's. Apperantly thougth seeding in smash is *** backwards

Aesir

Smash Master
arigth so samshers do seeding opposite of how figthing game players do it thank you for the clarification.
Cause when good ST players like DSP and JWong enter a Super Turbo tourney they get placed higher in the brackets and get Bye's. Apperantly thougth seeding in smash is *** backwards
first seed gets like a bye and bunch of people who aren't that good or whatever lol.

Cort would know for certain but I think we kinda have it mixed, you play scrubs and get a bye lol.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Well, you get byes sometimes(mostly the top seeds), but you still don't get paired with really good people. You get paired with someone okay most of the time( after your bye). If you are seeded, let's say just below the top seeds then you'll probably play a scrub first round because you don't get a bye.

So Gonzales and Aesir are both right.

edit: Well some of his later posts are.

Banks

Smash Hero
gonzales - if you aren't seeded you play someone real good early, as in first or second....so not getting seeded would not allow you to play many matches. if you do get seeded high u get EITHER byes or scrubs, mostly scrubs unless the tournament is small, so you would want that.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
or you could just play snake and not care wether you get seeded or not. I swear his pokes are god-like
and he has the best anti-air in the ****ing game. His fireball is really good and his hurricane kick lets him move very quickly across the stage.

Top Bottom