• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy way to do Bayonetta's Downward version of side-B

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
I would be a Bayo main if I could just regularly do this. How do I easily do this without doing Witch Time instead?

I have only managed to do the down side-b once and it was completely by accident. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member

Kon'nichiwa. I, a 56-year-old female Smasher, have been practicing :4bayonetta2: for almost six months. Many players say you should do quarter-circle forward as fast as you can on your control stick to bring out the Dive Kick. It works, but what I do is slow down the time in practice mode when I'm practicing it. Now I do not have much trouble with it, especially since I play Tekken series where that joystick motion is pretty prominent.

Hope this helps, and sayonara :kirby:

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Ah, Smash 4 is pretty much my only fighting game aside from Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Pokken Tournament DX. I seriously need to be able to do that move though. I see top level Bayonetta players use it all the time. Also, I have a really campy playstyle in general, which is why Bayonetta is probably one of my best characters along with Sonic.

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
Bayonetta is very hard to master, but the outcome is staggering.

All you need is the practice, practice, practice, whenever its from CPU, Amiibo, friends, tournaments, FG, anything.

Don't fret about mastering her in 3 days, just steadily practice her, and surely, you will become a force to be reckoned with.

Even then, you will continue you to learn, you can never "master" any character, and that's a fact.

I know this has nothing to do with the OG, sorry about that.

Peace

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
I'm one of very few Smash Bros players in my area, and there are no tournaments in my general area. In fact, I'm good enough to possibly make top 10 on the local PGR, but since there are maybe two different tournaments run in the area, it will probably be out of the only 30 players in the region. The best player in my region is a Meta Knight main who is semi-active, but was good enough to beat Mr. E in a local, so I probably won't be number one on the PGR. As for amiibo, I broke my arm when Smash 4 came out, so I gave them all of the broken equipment and turned them into monsters. I don't want to get rid of the equipment due to the low chance of getting it back. For Glory is a no-go for me because I live on the side of a mountain, and wifi is terrible, hence my name. So sadly training is my only option, and training mode isn't that fun. I would go against my little brother, but I'm a much better player (He's still in the C-stick warrior phase). That's why I wanted to know if there were any easier inputs for down side-b, as I don't have the time to practice it that much. This will complete my Bayonetta in that I'll finally be able to do her 0-death combos, as of now, I can rack up a good 30-70% off of one Witch Time, but the down side-b will allow me to actually kill off of Witch Time.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Besides the aftermentioned methods, you can also press down, let go (return to the center) and then Side and Special, if you initiate fastfall, the Afterburner Kick is almost guaranteed.
OR, you can even set the C-stick to specials and just do Down+S-side, it's incredibly fast and reliable, but you lose the ability to use the C-stick for aerials.
:196:

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
O
Besides the aftermentioned methods, you can also press down, let go (return to the center) and then Side and Special, if you initiate fastfall, the Afterburner Kick is almost guaranteed.
OR, you can even set the C-stick to specials and just do Down+S-side, it's incredibly fast and reliable, but you lose the ability to use the C-stick for aerials.
:196:
Oh, thanks, I don't really use C-stick for aerials anyway, it feels weird to me. Thank you!

Brooster77

Smash Rookie
You can also use special stick (such as for bidou) hold down on the regular stick while pressing to the side on the c-stick. Easy gaurenteed dank every time.

You can also reverse wtw with this by just holding the direction you want to face while pressing up on the c-stick.

bmxcaveman

Smash Rookie
Kon'nichiwa. I, a 56-year-old female Smasher, have been practicing :4bayonetta2: for almost six months. Many players say you should do quarter-circle forward as fast as you can on your control stick to bring out the Dive Kick. It works, but what I do is slow down the time in practice mode when I'm practicing it. Now I do not have much trouble with it, especially since I play Tekken series where that joystick motion is pretty prominent.

Hope this helps, and sayonara:kirby:
thanks this worked on the first try!

Top Bottom