• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy way to complete 15-minute Melee! (unlock Past Stage: Kongo Jungle)

R0Y

Smash Master
1. Pick Donkey Kong
2. Head to below either the left or right platform

3. Spam Down Special (Down+B.) You can let go of Down but keep pressing B
4. If interrupted by a rare attack that gets through, speedily return to the area and repeat step 3.

Going back to Melee now I was amazed at my younger self for unlocking Kongo Jungle N64 (and everything else in the game.) Today I remembered how I did it and unlocked it again.

0-bit

Smash Rookie
All I did was use Sheik and grab the ledge a lot. Sometimes a wire frame would get close and you can just use the ledge getup attack to clear them out. ( Only the male wire frames are guaranteed to be aggressive so just clear them out and any female wire frames who wander over )

SAUS

Smash Ace
I am confused by the picture in the OP. I don't see how it relates to 15-minute melee other than the stage... I used shiek and stalled on the edge similarly to how 0-bit described.

R0Y

Smash Master
I am confused by the picture in the OP. I don't see how it relates to 15-minute melee other than the stage... I used shiek and stalled on the edge similarly to how 0-bit described.
Precisely why I used it, couldn't find any with just DK.
I just did the master hand glitch and ate a sandwich or something.
Wow, that would have saved me 15 minutes, didn't think of using that because of the occasional freezes.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Yeah, the true easiest way is always the Master Hand glitch. Works for Cruel Melee and Event 51 too if you want to beat those easily.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I used the Ice Climbers freeze glitch the last time I did this. It's not the easiest thing to set up I guess, but worth it since you can just get them all to 999% or leave or whatever. I've never been able to do the name entry/ master hand glitch though, which would obviously be easier.

Attachments

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
how do you do the master hand glitch in the 15 minute melee? i know it's done in other modes like versus and 1-p

JFB (JurgaBurgaFlintines)

Smash Apprentice
What I did was use Link or Marth. Go to the upper right platform and stand at the left edge. Once there, keep on spamming U-tilts.
Few tips to help you.

• It would be helpful to know how to DI in case you are at a high percentage.
  • If you get a capsule THROW IT OFF THE STAGE OR THROW IT AT A FARAWAY ENEMY! You don't know hom many times I died from random explosions.
  • If you have a turbo button, USE IT!!!

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
I just did the master hand glitch and ate a sandwich or something.
Oh wow, I had no idea this could be done in Multi Man Melee. Definitely going to do this when I get home. Saves me the stress of the ongoing 15 minutes.

JoeBoco

Smash Rookie
What? I'm pretty sure the Master Hand glitch cannot be done in event mode. Also, doesn't the game crash after you use him?

NotMike

Smash Rookie
What? I'm pretty sure the Master Hand glitch cannot be done in event mode. Also, doesn't the game crash after you use him?
1. If you can choose your character, you can do the name-entry glitch. :D
2. It only crashes if a certain things happen, like Master Hand wins a vs. round, because the game tries to launch Master Hand's win-animation and sound, but they don't exist. A full list of things that work and don't work can be found on the ssbwiki.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I used the Ice Climbers freeze glitch the last time I did this. It's not the easiest thing to set up I guess, but worth it since you can just get them all to 999% or leave or whatever. I've never been able to do the name entry/ master hand glitch though, which would obviously be easier.
Can confirm, this is perfect.

Top Bottom