• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy way to Beat Pit!?

PwnSauces

Smash Rookie
Can anyoen give me any tips or pointers on how to beat Pit with Link! please =D help would be appriectated!:chuckle:

DiosDePyro

Smash Cadet
-------------------deleted--------------------

Last edited:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Be careful of our multi-hit attacks. If you're good at Powershielding then more power to you. But don't be too anxious to lift off your shield when a Pit attacks you in hopes of a Powershield. Once his attack animations and learn which attacks are which as early as you can. Being able to Powershield Pit's single hit attacks can be of great use.

Also I don't know who you play. That makes it difficult. Characters with quick Up-Bs and magnet hands have an avantage against Pit at the edge. Pit can't grab the edge very easily and a Pit Up-B at the edge is required to ensure we grab the edge quickly. Characters like Marth and Samus can wreak havoc against Pit while off, but near the edge. Once the Pit you are fighting realizes this they will start going underneath the stage to recover on the other side. Try to counter pick to stages that Pit cannot travel under. The new Yoshi's is a very good example of one such stage.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
In short: suck less.

If your opponent is competent, there's no instant win strategy. Learn how to counter his most used moves (for most Pits I've seen it's the arrows) and how to read your opponents to be able to use any knowledge you do have.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Different Pits have different styles, and that may have you change ur strategy. Study the Pit's movement and style, then find ways to counter em.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Yeah, watch out for those tiny blue streamers that come out of his bow if they are looping skyward, you might find them too be a lot deadlier than you think...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Actually, tell us who you main. That'll be the best way for us to give suggestions.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
He said "with Link" so... yeah, I think we know who he mains.

I can't say much about Link. All I know is that I out-camped Legan in tournament matches. In friendlies he didn't camp so much so things were more interesting... But I couldn't get through his defenses when we played for reals so I just shot him with arrows a bunch. : \

If you play a smart Pit he will do this to you if you let him. I guess you could try learning to powershield approach and use bombs creatively, I guess. I know Toon Link can handle it very well-- Quivo used to **** all over my arrow spam. Link, I'm not sure since hardly anybody uses him well enough in the MW for me to get a good example.

Levitas

the moon
The best way never to lose to pit is to get the pit in question to switch mains, and it shouldn't be hard to get them to start using MK instead. Somehow, that might backfire.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lol @ levitas.

As for Link beating Pit, you pretty much have to be a better player than the Pit player if you want to win. Link is all about spacing and he can't space in this matchup

Pits jabs come out faster than anything Link has on the ground, ***** his recovery, out camps him. The only thing I see Link having an advantage in is range for Melee, but Pit can always run away and resume camping.

Your best option for approaching with Link is zair and that will just get you an arrow to the face.

smashmaster8701

Smash Rookie
Beating a Pit arrow spammer

If you are talking about an arrow spammer Pit. What you do is use a character that can crawl. Do that to avoid the arrows and then when your close enough ATTACK. If you can't use any of the crawlers than use a character that can deflect projectiles. If you d that enough the Pit spammer will eventually give up. And if you can't do that than use a character that can fly. Be sure that you take it really high and hit them. Keep doing that and you will be fine. If you can't do any of the three than your screwed. Srry

Top Bottom