• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easter Eggs. Those cute little gimmicky things.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You know, things that make you giggle at the team's attention to detail.

So something like.

When Ike does his ARAAWWAAAAGH taunt, small wind hitboxes appear around him and push stuff slightly away.

Or Kirby and DeDeDe are allowed to spit items back out after eating them, whether as the item itself, or as stars.

Or anything Project M has done.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Are you talking of easter eggs in the next game? OK! I love Easter Eggs!
What about Starfox, in the winning pose, saying:"I'm Starfox!" then putting on a pair of Sunglasses and saying:"Deal with it!". In one move he would mention: his father, Johnny Cage and a meme.
Or one of the stage bosses saying to Mario:"I'm sorry but your princess is in another castle!" as a welcome.
Or Barbara The Bat having the color scheme of Rouge The Bat as one of her alt coloration.
Is this what you mean?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I personally would like to see more unique quotes for certain characters on the victory screen. Like in a vein to Fox saying "Better luck next time, Falco!" when he beats Falco in a match.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I could always go for more "codecs." But that's an obvious one.

I think it would be cool if you could somehow play as a capless Mario. Maybe if you held down some button during his hat taunt or something.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Then here are some quotes I'd like to find in the game:

From Falco:"I guess I should be thankful!"

From a female char to Fox:"I got the left! You got the right!"

From a male char to Zelda:"Excuuuse me Princess!"

nessokman

Smash Lord
I have a feeling because sakurai made kid Icarus: uprising, we'll be seeing their cast in a codec.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't calling it Easter Eggs offensive to Atheists or Muslims or something?

Ya know, the really whiny ones

Political correctness and all that jazz

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I could always go for more "codecs." But that's an obvious one.

I think it would be cool if you could somehow play as a capless Mario. Maybe if you held down some button during his hat taunt or something.
i think that if you get hit while doing your hat taunt then mario would get hit the same as usual, except his hat would fly off. and then if you picked it back up he'd put it back on.

however if somebody else grabs it, then they can throw it at you like a tire :troll:

:phone:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

An amateur atheist would complain about that. A professional atheist does now that eggslaying bunnies has nothing to do with Jesus Christ more than an adobed pine three and a fat old guy wearing the colours of Coca Cola. He was not even born the same exact day of the Sol Invictus.
Off-topic closed, please!
Back in thread! Wouldn't be cute if Tails has his Satam and AOSTH colours (cream and brown rather than white and orange fur) as alt coloration?
If Little Mac is joining the game, Mario could have his punch out clothes as alt suit:

If the story mode will conduct Mario and Link to fight side by side, it would be sense for them to fight Wart as first boss to fight together, since they both faced him in their games:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I was going to call out "incoming butthurt atheist" but I am too late :troll: .

My most wanted gimicky detail feature would be variable dialogue depending on who's fighting. For instance, if Palutena gets in and Pit stays, when they fight they could use the
pseudo-Palutena or Chaos Kin Palutena dialogue from KI:U

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You don't fight Mamu in Link's Awakening. He gives you a song

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Speaking of codecs, I think that if both Pit and Snake get separate codecs, it would be a funny easter egg if their codecs got "crossed." Like if Snake did a codec fighting Pit, then Snake would end up talking to Palutena. And when Pit did his for Snake, he would talk to Roy/Otacon/Mei Ling/whoever.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or if you had both Snake and Pit in the same battle and Palutena started having a conversation with Roy/ whatever. Maybe even ignoring Pit and Snake to their irritation. Or they started arguing

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I think it'd be neat if Pokemon trainer had a Codec (X-Transceiver?). When facing a suited Samus, for example, Professor Oak would ask if Samus was a boy or a girl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Samus should start every battle with a long monologue that goes into random tangents and eventually to Adam Malkovich

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As long as Sakurai's cat gets thrown into the mix somewhere all other easter eggs are gravy. :awesome:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
You don't fight Mamu in Link's Awakening. He gives you a song
Uhmmm... So In the story mode He might trick Link into fighting Mario.
Anyway, one thing I just thought: Barbara The Bat will assume Wario and Waluigi as henchmen, promising them money (while it's revealed she has was tricking both them into helping the good guys). That would make them clearly look like...

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Special character interactions would definitely be a neat thing indeed.

Or special victory animations/quotes for specific team combinations (3 v 1, 2 v 2, 1 v 1, etc.)

Mario and Peach victory: Peach gives Mario a kiss.
Ike and Marth victory: Some unique poses/conversation/quote.
Toad victory over Mario: Sorry but the princess is in another castle!
Sonic victory over Mario: You're too slow!

Just some thoughts :p

Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUEuQvJAlCU

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Nice ideas! Let me add:
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong Win: Donkey carries Diddy on his shoulder
Mario/Luigi and Yoshi win: Mario/Luigi rides Yoshi in a napoleonic pose.
Peach and Yoshi win: Peach ride Yoshi in a lady's manner, like in the ending of Super Mario World.
Samus and Sonic lose: They both curl into a ball.
Wario and Waluigi loses: they kick each other's butt endlessy.
Mario/Luigi/Peach win over Samus/Sonic: While in their football suit, they make him/her bounce on their knees while him/her curled into a ball, and then they kick him/her out of the screen (like Alice's supermove in Bloody Roar: Primal Fury)
This also unlock the football Mario/Luigi/Peach trophy.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
It would be cool if they interacted in their victory/loss animations if their from the same series. Like if Mario and Luigi both lose Luigi cries and Mario pats him on the back.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
They should add team names, for example: when Mario and Luigi are partners in a team battle, the announcer should say "Mario Brothers" instead of "Red Team", just like in Smash 64's classic mode.

Something like what Mario Party does in tag team minigames.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah I'd love special victory animations/interactions. Here's some (very unlikely) ones that I just came up with:

Mario + Luigi
Mario: We did it, Luigi!
Luigi: That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!

Mario/Dr. Mario + Loosing Wario
Mario: Lay off of the pasta, Wario!

Luigi + Yoshi
Luigi: *Hugging Yoshi* Well like they say in Brooklyn, early to bed, early to catch the worm. Or is it the bagel?

Luigi + Bowser/Ganondorf/some other scary character
Luigi: *Freaking out* M-M-M-M-Mariooo?/Eeeeaaahhh!

ROB + G&W
They both make happy beeping noises

Bowser + Bowser Jr. both on the loosing team
Bowser scolds his son

I love easter eggs, especially if they allude to other video game franchises and things irl.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
If there is a flower field somewhere in the story mode or in the scenarios they might put Mouser and Ms.Mowz running among the flowers while holding each other's hand, like in the most abused of cliches.
And that would be less strange than the easter egg of Ms. Mowz in The Legend Of Zelda: The Skyward Sword (did anyone find it besides me?).

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
If Pikachu and the Pokemon Trainer are on the same team and win, the PT would say "Way to go, Pikachu!"

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Mario and Luigi win: they throw up their hats, then they cross their arm on their chest and their hats drops back on their head, shifted, resulting in larger Mario's hat covering Luigi's eyes.

Dialogue among Sonic and Barbara.

Barbara:"What are you looking at?"

Sonic:"You remind me of a girl I know!"

Barbara:"She must be really pretty then!"

Sonic (rising eyes and leaving):"Yeah! She's pretty like you!"

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
those are some awesome ideas people! i would freaking love if they included this in the next game!!!!!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
This could be a running gag if Krystal is going to be in.
Everytime in the cutscenes she is going to take a break by biting a sandwich, she is brutally interrupted by something, causing her to make that trademark expression:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
-Pit restoring his HP completely if he eats floor ice cream.
-Mega Man preforming the Hadouken by inputting ↓↘→+SPECIAL or a Shoryuken by inputting →↓↘+SPECIAL.
-Kirby's Stone attack occasionally turning him into a bronze statue of Samus, a silver statue of Link, or a gold statue of Mario.
-If the player or opponent plays as a Pokemon, plays a stock match with only one stock left, and plays on the Dragonspiral Tower stage, the music will change to "Last Pokemon".
-All of Takamaru's taunts getting replaced by a over dramatic nose bleed when ever he faces Peach, Zelda, Samus, or Palutena. :troll:

More characters could get "codec" moments, like Travis Touchdown being called by Sylvia or the Pokemon Trainer with one of the Professors (probably the one from their region). So Professor Elm if it was Gold/Ethan.

@Habanero: I like all of your choices, especially the Mega-Man and Takamaru ones XD

@Gamingboy: I like it

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
-Pit restoring his HP completely if he eats floor ice cream.
That would be too much, but I like the ideas of each char having his favourite food represtinating more energy than the others (pretty like in Yoshi's Story for Nintendo 64)

Mario & Luigi => Pizza and Spaghetti
Sonic => Chili Dog
Krystal => Sandwich

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
^ Pit should get 12 % more damage for eating eggplants. Lloyd Irving gets 50 % more damage for eating Maxim Tomatoes. Yoshi should get 15 % for eating chili dogs.

If Lyn and Isaac would make appearances in some form and would be able to face each other, this conversation should happen:

Lyn: Hey Isaac! Long time no see!
Isaac: You too Lyn.
Lyn: Three guesses, what's more epic than your beard?
Isaac: Um...
Lyn: DUAL SWORDS.

^ Pit should get 12 % more damage for eating eggplants. Lloyd Irving gets 50 % more damage for eating Maxim Tomatoes. Yoshi should get 15 % for eating chili dogs.

If Lyn and Isaac would make appearances in some form and would be able to face each other, this conversation should happen:

Lyn: Hey Isaac! Long time no see!
Isaac: You too Lyn.
Lyn: Three guesses, what's more epic than your beard?
Isaac: Um...
Lyn: DUAL SWORDS.
Then she shaves his beard off with her swords while Marth and Ike hold Matthew back :awesome:

Top Bottom