• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

EastMidlands

Smash Cadet
Details on how to get to my place are found below!

Opening Times

Opens: 10am
Melee/Brawl singles start: 12pm
Clean up: 6pm
Everyone leave by: 7pm

Cost

£2 for Brawl Singles
£2 for Melee Singles
£2 per team for Melee/Brawl Doubles*
£1 for food + Drinks!

*: These tourneys will only happen if there is enough time left to host them

I encourage everyone to enter everything to have a great time. If you want an unlimited supply of food and drinks, please pay £1 once entering. Thank you.

To be updated...

Important Phone Numbers
Yeniths-
Brado - 07598328461

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Brawl Rules:

• 3 stock.
  • 8 minutes.
  • Items are turned to off and none.
  • In doubles matches, team attack is on.
  • All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
o Finals and semi-finals are best of five.
* Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
o In team matches, these are determined in a 1221 fashion, with 1 being the team that won the RPS.
  • If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percent.
  • All persons are responsible for their own control scheme and must make sure it is set before the match begins.
  • Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.

Gameplay rules:

• Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser or Ganondorf using a Sacrificial KO (with Flying Slam or Flame Choke respectively) and the game is tied, then the Sudden Death is ignored and the Bowser or Ganondorf player is declared the winner.
  • Stalling is banned.
o Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall (excessively beyond around 300%) or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.
* All standing infinites are BANNED, this includes but is not limited too DeDeDe's infinite chaingrab.

Set format:

1. Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.
2. The first stage of a match is selected either randomly or by a stage striking procedure from the neutral stages.
3. Both players may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the match.
4. The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick. (Dave's stupid rule is in effect)
5. The winner of the previous match chooses his/her character.
6. The loser of the previous match chooses his/her character.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for successive matches.

Stage List:

Brawl (3 Stock ,8 minutes, No items):

Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Delfino plaza

All other stages are BANNED.
Melee (4 stock 8 minutes No items):

Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Yoshis Story
Fountain of Dreams

Counter:
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are BANNED.

Last edited by a moderator:

EastMidlands

Smash Cadet
- Melee Round Robin Results For Brados Birthday Fest

1st)Yeniths (Fox/Sheik)
2rd)Willz (Falcon/Falco
3rd)Calzum (Peach/GaW)
3rd)Almas (Peach)
4rd)Brado (Marth/MewTwo/Ganondorf(?))
5th)Marni(Falcooo)
LAST)Rake (Ganondorf)

East Midlands Player info - list is outdated, contact Yeniths/Willz/Brado for more info :)

Leicestershire;
Willz - Willzeh@hotmail.com
Brado - Bradoz@hotmail.co.uk
Calzum - pinni@hotmail.co.uk
Marni - joshuamarni@hotmail.com
Arjun
2syk
F.T.L
Bloodbowler (Located in Teeside during term time)
Rensu
Miggy
FlyCondor
imoneofthem (Gary)

Lincolnshire;
Yeniths
Thomash - thomas-herring@hotmail.co.uk
Dam - dannyblades@hotmail.com
Jase - danteblack01@hotmail.co.uk
Jojo

Nottinghamshire;
Zunari - -maddoshadow@hotmail.co.uk
Siyico
Navi
Leliel
FanDemz
Project D - willi@hotmail.co.uk

Peterborough;
Almas - zachsmith@hotmail.com
Kais
Phear
Halo - brocky99@hotmail.co.uk

Birmingham;
Rake -mkcleaver@msn.com
HaoTwo - drugged_up_giraffe@hotmail.com
Kyuubi_X - L.-_-@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

K.Mac

Smash Lord
lmfao.

I need to find out if anyone would be interested in travelling to scunny to attent an EM fest, since there's a hall around the corner from my house which I could potentially rent out if I can get enough interest (and TVs) to do it.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Okay I'm probably going to be holding my LAST monthly in October if Brado doesn't sort anything out. I am aiming for either the 17th or 31st. Food + Drinks will now cost £1 as well.... No complaining guys I give you ****loads of stuff.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Thomas better come to Leicester

Hurray i got's a new controller finally £4.50 for a boxed new controller pretty good i recon

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I was reading one of the SVB threads on Neo Empire and someone posted that their friend beat Fuzzyness and is hyping it on Facebook, dunno if it's Smash Fuzzy or some other Fuzzy. But just thought I'd post that as it seems quite lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Melee I think as the guy said he was posting on Facebook that he beat Best in UK at Smash. I'm sure Fuzzy wouldn't say he's best at Brawl and if he did then lmao.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Melee I think as the guy said he was posting on Facebook that he beat Best in UK at Smash. I'm sure Fuzzy wouldn't say he's best at Brawl and if he did then lmao.
Why don't you ask him about it then since he is obviously on YOUR facebook and it's pretyt obvious that Charles wasn't playing properly just from hearing it lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Why don't you ask him about it then since he is obviously on YOUR facebook and it's pretyt obvious that Charles wasn't playing properly just from hearing it lol.
Nono THE GUY WHO POSTED ON NEO EMPIRE said that his FRIEND WAS POSTING ON FACEBOOK that FUZZY GOT BEAT. Wait I'll look for the post....

'Lol, if Fuzzy reads this, my friend is hyping about beating the uk's best on facebook. I suggest you money match him soon dude.'

http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198956&highlight=fuzzy#post198956

Top Bottom