• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites Monthly! - April 20th, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
This weekend has suddenly become absurdly busy as I have several gigs to perform and multiple people visiting, so, unfortunately, I will be unable to get to the tournament :/ June and I have been training up on P:M, too. Next time!

JU4N: if you wanna smash, the only time I could really do it tomorrow would be very late like... past midnight, if even that.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
assuming redd will give us a ride, probably going to bring charlie. I asked dustin if he wanted to come too. Sorry redd, i'm volunteering your car like this. Lol, but if not, maybe dustin can give us a ride.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Glad SOVA is finally coming up to this. The one (possible) advantage of the central virginia location is attracting people from both north and south.

See ya'll tomorrow.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,
A white Wii has been stolen from the venue on top of a white wiimote with a D pad painted black. The wires are left, so it's obvious it's intentional. Currently, everyone who came to the tourney is still at the venue and all bags have been checked with the exception of one player, who left early. I'm not going to name said player--you know who you are--and understand that you're the prime suspect. If the Wii and wiimote are in your possession, send me a PM and we can arrange for it to be picked up and no further action will be taken. Otherwise, a police report will be filed and your name will be mentioned.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm upset that my Wii was stolen, but the police report was filed. To the person who took it, if you return it, I shall not hold it against you, and I won't tell anyone that you were the culprit. I'll even give you $20 for its return. PM me if you want to discuss this.

Other than that, it was nice. I'm glad I got to stream it. I've saved the streams, and will get to uploading them to Youtube at some point.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Came here to ask QWA to upload the set from winners finals (redd vs. ether), but if you're already planning on doing it then good ****. I'll subscribe whenever you upload.

otherwise, good tourney. too lazy for shoutouts.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Came here to ask QWA to upload the set from winners finals (redd vs. ether), but if you're already planning on doing it then good ****. I'll subscribe whenever you upload.

otherwise, good tourney. too lazy for shoutouts.
Right, I'm going to have to find out who they used and whatnot, but I'll get on that. Unfortunately, shortly after the stream started, the audio stopped working. So there's no sound on the stream. I know what went wrong, though, so I'll do a better job next time.

Edit: I've been playing around with the streaming program, I've learned some nice stuff, I can't wait for the next time to stream!

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
First of all, thanks so much for posting and whatnot. My first tourney and I'm really happy with how I did (Mainly in friendlies, got bodied in the actual thing xD). I learned so much, and in such a short span of time ^_^

Second, to QWA, I'm really sorry about your wii dude :/ I hope you guys find it, I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding =\

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Second, to QWA, I'm really sorry about your wii dude :/ I hope you guys find it, I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding =\
I wish I could believe that, but it doesn't really look like it. It's not the end of the world, though, at least my laptop wasn't taken! :laugh:

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the results Khokar :) Can someone do the ECE community a huge favor and timestamp the matches? :X I WOULD, but I don't know the players well enough(They decided not to use tags half the time xD)

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys the next event will be on April 20th! Lemme know who all can make it and what game because I'm going to try to keep track of attendees beforehand this time!

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Alright, based on how Redd and Cyrain described it, I think I have sufficient evidence to say that this is Winners' Finals. Like the other individual sets that I'm uploading, I dubbed over some of the proper sound effects and music.

Also, a special message to Ether: At least :roymelee: has a man's voice :p (sort of an inside joke).

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Roy is cooler than Marth
That remark makes me happy, since I'm one of those weird people who likes playing low tiers (Sheik is for emergencies).

I'm still timestamping every match.
That would be very helpful, it will help speed up the process of getting the rest of the sets up individually. I just hope I didn't leave before Grand Finals.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm a player from Mechanicsville, and I've been looking into your events. Do you guys have any recordings of your Brawl brackets?
I'm sorry, I did not record any of the Brawl matches, but maybe the Brawl players saved the replays. I know AmKhokar mentioned a mod for unlimited replay length.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately I didn't have mods on during this tourney, so infinite replay wasn't available. I'm working on organizing recording for Brawl and should have the next tournament's matches recorded.

Top Bottom