• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites Monthly! - April 20th, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
*facepalm*

Also, ChuDat is the only one who says "LOLZ".

Edit: I need housing for my carpool Friday night. Any helpers?

:018:

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Would you consider keeping the price for PM singles at $5 for your future tournaments? The reduction from 10 was pretty much what convinced me to enter and I think it could attract even more players from both Brawl and Melee to enter. Plus it's still kind of a side event.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
P:M was the main event at this last tournament, but I'm going to 2nd keeping it at $5. I'm hesitant to call it a side event after the showing we've had for singles at the past two events, but I don't think NEARLY as many people will enter from Brawl and Melee if it costs just as much.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
JU4N and I talked about this as well. Since a lot of people are new to Project M, a $10 entrance fee might make them more hesitant to enter when compared to a $5 fee. JU4N specifically said he'd be more likely to enter if it were $5, and the same goes for me as well. Either way, you've done a great job organizing all of this. Props, man!

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
JU4N and I talked about this as well. Since a lot of people are new to Project M, a $10 entrance fee might make them more hesitant to enter when compared to a $5 fee. JU4N specifically said he'd be more likely to enter if it were $5, and the same goes for me as well. Either way, you've done a great job organizing all of this. Props, man!
Yeah, those were my same thoughts too. Originally I wasn't going to bother to enter because I almost never play it seriously with friends, but the $5 made me more inclined to enter.

P:M was the main event at this last tournament, but I'm going to 2nd keeping it at $5. I'm hesitant to call it a side event after the showing we've had for singles at the past two events, but I don't think NEARLY as many people will enter from Brawl and Melee if it costs just as much.
Yeah, I guess in terms of number of entrants, you could call it the main event, but when I called it a side event, I meant the main reason that most people come to the tournament is for Melee or Brawl and not PM specifically. PM would still be a motivating factor to attend; just not as much as the others.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, so my goal as a TO is to make the events as enjoyable as I can for everyone involved. It seems like most of you guys are for this PM fee change, so I'm more than happy to keep the PM singles entrance fee at $5 from now on and I'm really glad you brought it up, Arcadia. If anyone has any other suggestion for future tournaments, please let me know, preferably through this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/334362/

PM doubles will be replacing Brawl doubles at the next event due to the interest shown for PM and the lack thereof for Brawl.

Smash GOD is helping me with the ruleset for PM. If anyone has any input on the PM ruleset we should use for this tourney, please refer to him.

Korn, can you re-post the venue pics you took at the first event? They didn't carry over with the server transfer.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, the next event will be on Saturday March 16th =D I've updated the thread and enabled the ability to RSVP ^_^

Please include the name of the game(s) you're attending for in your comment when you RSVP =D

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Define RSVP.
At the top right, you can confirm if you're going or not. It gives the TO a better idea of how many people plan on attending.

But more specifically: "RSVP - Abbreviation for 'Répondez s'il vous plaît', or please reply (used at the end of invitations to request a response).

edit: sniped

Nintendude

Smash Hero
just fyi, the next Xanadu monthly is on the same day, though these events are over 3 hours apart so it's not a big deal I guess.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, in hopes of maximizing the potential attendance to next month's event, it has been moved to Saturday, March 23rd. This avoids conflicts with Charlottesville college spring breaks and the Xanadu event =D Please adjust your RSVPs accordingly ^_^

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a capture card, splitters, and my computer if you want to try and stream from it.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I actually might be able to make it for realz!! But I also might not be able to make it at all and now that I'm thinking about it probably not at all... but JU4N I'm free tomorrow night and back in CVille if you wanna smash ;P

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Well, I guess I won't have to worry about having to break out :linkmelee: or :mariomelee: against that :luigimelee:, because that would end very poorly for me. Hopefully, I won't be forced to uphold my honor code at all, but I will if I must!

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Tourney's only a week away. I know a ton of people wanted to come in this month so lets get some more RSVPs in! ^_^. I'm expecting a really solid turnout, lets get some hype going!

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Hype.

Yo Smash God/Cville kids; smash this week before the tournament? Friday would probably work best for me if that's possible.

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably get rolled in tourney, but how are friendlies looking? I'll almost certainly be coming this weekend for some friendlies ^^

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Usually constant friendlies going before and in between tournies, and a decent amount of friendlies going after the first or 2nd round ^_^

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! If no other of my immediate RVA smash buddies are going, I'll end up hitching a ride with Milk, Cyrain and Arc :) I'll see you guys up there!

Oasys17

Smash Apprentice
Hey! Two questions :)

1. If I bring a brawl disc and an sd card with p:m on it, can I get the 5 dollars off the venue deali-o? :p

2. Do you have any idea when the NEXT date for the tournament is? Pretty much half of my crew can't make it to this one since we just learned about it, and they were unable to take off of work and such. It'd be awesome if we could get a date for the next event so we can schedule ahead :)

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
1. If we can match up your disc / SD card with a Wii, then yes =D Otherwise, we probably won't make use of either. Bring it just in case.
2. The next date depends on when The End Games Center makes their schedule for the month, which is generally decided towards the end of the each month. I'll try to push them to schedule April asap.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
I can bring my Wii for you, Oasys. It's a ***** to start up, but when it's started up, I've never had a problem with it.

Top Bottom