• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites Monthly! - April 20th, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
How much interest would there be in having SF4 or MVC3 added into the feb tourney? I might ask The End Game Center to have 1 or 2 Xbox360 setups around during the tourney for free play and if there's enough interest I'd consider adding them as regulars for the monthly.

To Brawl players:
So I recently found out there's a variable 0-2 frames of input lag for all actions in Brawl. On top of tripping, this apparently greatly limits the competitive potential of Brawl, and I'm considering implementing code hacks created by others to remove both factors from gameplay from all tournaments I host. However, before I do this, I'd like to hear what you guys have to say on the idea. This shifts the "feel" of gameplay and will obviously create a rift between tournaments' gameplay, but I very much believe it would be a good idea. I'm familiar enough w/ Gecko OS / Riivolution to do the hacks for anyone that would want them to practice and had an SD card handy.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
It doesn't effect gameplay enough for it to matter imo. The amount of input lag present at a given time is equal for both players. We've played the game with this for years now, it'd be silly to get worked up over it now because it was 'just' discovered. :happysheep:

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
I agree that it's minor and won't have an effect on gameplay except at the very highest levels, but implementing the hack is definitely a feasible option and I simply want to see if anyone is directly opposed to the idea. If it won't affect us but minorly, I assume nobody will mind the change, and I feel like this would be a good change to make :D

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
My opinion: I would love for trips and random lag to be removed. I don't believe this should be the standard for all Brawl tourneys held in America, but in true hypocritical fashion, I definitely wouldn't mind if you implemented hacks to keep those things out of our tourneys. :reverse:

Edit: I'd support SFIV and UMvC3 setups at the venue. Love those games. :)

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
It doesn't effect gameplay enough for it to matter imo. The amount of input lag present at a given time is equal for both players. We've played the game with this for years now, it'd be silly to get worked up over it now because it was 'just' discovered. :happysheep:
I agree with Iota. It wouldn't be brawl without trips and lag IMO.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Iota. It wouldn't be brawl without trips and lag IMO.
So you're opposed to the idea? Iota basically said it's so minor that it is unnecessary to change, which contrasts from actually opposing it :-p.

I think I'll just have the option available on any setups I bring and offer to add the codes required to SD cards of anyone interested.

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
So you're opposed to the idea? Iota basically said it's so minor that it is unnecessary to change, which contrasts from actually opposing it :-p.

I think I'll just have the option available on any setups I bring and offer to add the codes required to SD cards of anyone interested.
I simply just agreed with Iota's Statement, Its obvious that he didn't actually oppose or assent your question.

I was to lazy to elucidate my last post xD. I thought it was obvious that I was opposing it considering I said Brawl wouldn't be brawl without the Input lag and tripping. Sorry AmKhokar. =P

Oh and Happy new years everyone. :cool:

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
What effect would the hack codes have on the stability of the game? I don't want to have matches fritz out because of something that is supposed to "improve" the game.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
It's completely reliable. I played a version of Brawl that had no hitstun cancelling, so combos existed with regular vBrawl physics, and everything worked out smoothly. No freezes or "fritz outs" or anything.

I'll take you up on those. :) You don't need a big SD card for this, right? I only have 128 MB SD card to spare. :ohwell:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
It won't take much space at all. Hacking rarely does unless you're doing modification to basically everything. :happysheep:

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
128mb is fine. You can actually get a two 2GB pack from walmart for 12 bucks :-p They're super cheap now, but a ton of programs don't have support for anything larger than 2GB. Getting stuff to work on my 4GB one is always a pain :-p

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
It isn't impossible but your options to what you can do are limited compared to a 2gb one iirc. :happysheep:

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
Hey Amkhokar, i was wondering will you be recording the tournament matches and uploading them to youtube?

Oh and ill be bringing my wii and brawl on a flash drive. Btw if you need any help with hacks ill be more than willing to help i have a 2gb sd card and an extra.
:phone:

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
I finally got infinite replay working on mine, so I'll definitely be uploading matches to YouTube from now on. Bring your SD cards to the tourney with P:M and if you'd like the input delay fix + no tripping code. If you need the codes for either of these shoot me a PM and I can link em. Also do you know of a way to save data to the SD card while its in use via Riivolution? I'd rather save straight to an SD card than move them from the Wii to SD individually. Thanks ^_^

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
Awesome @ replays = P
Ok ill get to that asap. And unfortunately, I Don't know how to save data to an SD card while using riivolution because i dont really use it. Sorry. But ill see what i can do.

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
I don't know the Exact amount of PM people attending but last tournament there was a fair amount of people there.

Bubbaking, why cant you enter brawl and melee

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Bubbaking, why cant you enter brawl and melee
Well, I might be interpreting this incorrectly, but I'm reading:
Fees:
$10 Venue fee
$5 Singles (Project M)
$10 Singles (Melee or Brawl)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee or Brawl)

Schedule:
*Signs ups for every event will be available until 30 minutes prior to the event!

11:00AM- Venue opens. Setup.
12:00pm - Registration / Friendlies.
1:00pm - Doubles Registration ends.
1:30pm- Melee and Brawl Doubles begin.
2:00pm - Project M Registration ends.
2:30pm- Project M Singles begin.
4:00pm- Melee and Brawl Singles Registration ends.
4:30pm- Melee and Brawl Singles begin.
8:00pm- (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up.

Not only does the registration say Brawl OR Melee, but they're being held at the same time for both Dubs and Singles. AmKhokar, correct me if I'm wrong.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
You can enter both. It may lead to downtime, but it'll be fine. People entered both last tourney and it didn't really slow us down ^_^. My bad for the ambiguous wording.

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
I'll bring a full melee setup (gamecube + tv + copy of melee). Id like to have more tvs for friendlies so i can constantly play. Do I get dibs on my setup outside of tourny matches? :D

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Got some auditions this weekend, but DEFINITELY gonna tryyyy and make it. Watchin APEX videos = GETTIN HYPED FOR THIS

also at some point we should have a P:M doubles tourney (obviously not when there are so many other events happening, though)

whoops june won't be there.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Got some auditions this weekend, but DEFINITELY gonna tryyyy and make it. Watchin APEX videos = GETTIN HYPED FOR THIS

also at some point we should have a P:M doubles tourney (obviously not when there are so many other events happening, though)

whoops june won't be there.
You and me. Team double luigi.

--Papapaint

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Also, I can bring a wii with project M AND a cube with melee, but I can't bring any TVs. Any chance someone can bring an extra tiny CRT or two?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I can bring an LCD that has native support for SDTV/EDTV ie 480p/i, but that means only Wii/Brawl wont lag on my TV. Cube is native 360 so it'll be upscaled no matter what on my TV.

Top Bottom