• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites Monthly! - April 20th, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
(Credit to QWA for this image <3)​

Hey guys, for everyone that was interested in the East Coast Elites becoming a monthly, here it is. Brawl, Melee, and Project M will be hosted at the next one! Subscribe to this thread to get updates on every upcoming event for this tourney!

Next Date:
3/23/2013

Venue Location:
The End Game Center
143 Zan Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Tournament Format:
Depending on the # of people who show up we will be doing standard Double elim, Round robin, or Swiss tournament format to maximize the number of tournament matches players are able to play!

Fees:
$10 Venue fee
$5 Singles (Project M)
$10 Singles (Melee/Brawl)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee/PM)

Schedule:
*Signs ups for every event will be available until 30 minutes prior to the event!

11:00AM- Venue opens. Setup.
12:00pm - Registration / Friendlies.
1:00pm - Doubles Registration ends.
1:30pm- Melee and Project M Doubles begin.
2:00pm - Project M Registration ends.
2:30pm- Project M Singles begin.
4:00pm- Melee and Brawl Singles Registration ends.
4:30pm- Melee and Brawl Singles begin.
8:00pm- (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up.

Prize Pool:
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Food Locations:
The End Game center is located conveniently near many food places. Maharaja (Indian Cuisine type) is actually adjacent to the venue, but there are other options within walking or short driving distance including CiCi's Pizza, Chili's, Burger King, Milan, Asian Fusion Grill, and Marco and Luco's Dumplings (best dumplings in C'ville, as far as I've heard) .

**IMPORTANT**
If you bring a full SSB setup your venue fee will be waived. I define a full set-up as a TV, Wii/Gamecube, and a Melee disc/Brawl disc/SD card with Project M on it.
Setups that include everything but a TV are subject to a potential $5 Venue fee waive if I'm contacted about it beforehand!
The most important thing for this will probably be bringing copies of the game! Last event, we had plenty of TVs and consoles, but were lacking discs, resulting in a lot of unnecessary downtime and fewer friendlies!

Here are the rule sets for Melee and Brawl
I'm working with Smash GOD on the PM ruleset. Please send any suggestions you have to him.

***Disclaimer***
Please do not split prize money at my tournaments and be sure to play out all sets to the fullest of your potential. Prizes are not final until the tournament has officially finished at 10PM on the day of the event. If I find out splitting has taken place, I will ask for the prize money to be forfeited to the next highest legitimately placing player. Repeat offenders are subject to exclusion from future ECE events. Thanks ^_^

You can contact me at (304)-888-1791 if needed.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Definitely gonna make it this time for melee. Awesome stuff making this a monthly.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
I actually may be up in D.C. for a meeting the 24th-25th, so if you can't find a ride before then and others in NOVA need a ride, I'll drive you down and back s'long as you could split gas cost. You'd have to come down Friday night, if thats the case, though, but you can crash at my apt.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
I can bring setups if you want, I can either bring 2 Melee, or Melee and Brawl/ Project M. I also found a second standard-def TV that I can bring.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
will definitely do my best to make it to this one.

May need a ride to this if my car isnt fixed by then.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
I'll be there with a melee setup and project M setup, but it will really help me out if someone else can bring the TVs!

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
**DATE CHANGE**
The 26th will no longer work due to conflict with a MTG tourney for a new deck release, so for the time being, the 19th is the new date.

*I'll still be providing rides the day before the tournament.

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
Would you Mind if I brought a wii and a flashdrive with brawl on it????

And will there be a stream this time?

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Wii + flashdrive is fine as long as the game isn't modded. The End Game has some recording equipment, but it's not always available, so the stream is variable. Once I get enough saved up for a Dazzle HD, there will be definite streams =D

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
No there was a yu gi oh tournament last Time and there was no problems. Theres plenty of room for everyone XD

:phone:

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
Is anyone willing to give me a ride I will have gas money. I don't think Iota Enjoyed our company to much. Sorry man :(

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Is anyone willing to give me a ride I will have gas money. I don't think Iota Enjoyed our company to much. Sorry man :(

I actually did enjoy your company. I just don't show it very well I guess. I definitely wouldn't mind picking you up again. :happysheep:

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
I've discussed the date with the venue owners. The 26th mtg tourney will be much larger scale because of a new deck release, but the one on the 19th will not be an issue.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm gonna be up in NOVA to get bubbaking, I could get you on the way back if you're along that route and Iota isn't able to get you. Where are you located?

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
He's in Chesterfield which is about 30-40 minutes south of Richmond. i.e. he's nowhere near where your pick up route is. :happysheep:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So I'm going to subscribe because I'm definitely going to come down to one of these for Melee. Unfortunately, My dad's birthday is on the 19th, but if you guys plan to hold one in February I'll most likely be able to attend.

WV hype imo

xMilkMan

Smash Cadet
Will be going to this for sure unless something comes up. Saw something about people needing rides but I didn't really read too much about it (tldr, except not really just lazy). I'm coming from Richmond so I might be able to pick people up if needed.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, I think Richmond is accounted for w/ Iota. Unless you're willing to make some negative distance, I think rides are good from that region ^_^.
Anyways, hyped for a solid amount of hype on such short notice =D Gonna start planning the next one about a week before this one is =D

xMilkMan

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, I'm think Richmond is accounted for w/ Iota. Unless you're willing to make some negative distance, I think rides are good from that region ^_^.
Anyways, hyped for a solid amount of hype on such short notice =D Gonna start planning the next one about a week before this one is =D
Probably not considering this will be like the first tournament I will attend that's less than 1.5 hours away >_>

Also is this going to be a regular thing? Why did I just find out now about this D: ?

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if you want updates you should subscribe to this thread =D I'll be hosting tourneys every month with smashfests in between. You may not have heard much of it because I'm fairly new as a TO...this will be the 4th event I've hosted.

Top Bottom