• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites January 26: Cyrain's Birthday Extravaganza! (Feat. CHILLIN, CYRAIN, REDD, MILKMAN)

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Cyrain's Birthday Extravaganza!!

YEAH!

Streamed by
image.jpg
Featuring Chillin, Cyrain, Redd, Milkman
Date:
01 / 26 / 2014 (Sunday)

Venue Location:
The End Game Center
143 Zan Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Tournament Format:
7 or fewer entrants: Round Robin
8-19 entrants: Double Elimination Bracket
20+ entrants: Pools; Top 2-3 (depending on # of entrants) per pool move into double elimination bracket

*Pool and round robin matches are all best of 3
*Bracket matches, with the exception of Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals, are best of 3
*Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5 matches.

Fees:
$10 Venue fee
$5 Singles (Project M)
$10 Singles (Melee)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee/PM)**

**Subject to change

Schedule:

**Schedule is subject to change!
*Signs ups for every event will be available until 30 minutes prior to the event!

11:00AM- Venue opens. Setup.

12:00pm - Registration / Friendlies.

1:30pm- Melee Doubles begin.

3:00pm- Project M Singles begin.

4:30 pm- Melee Singles begin

5:00pm- If interest: Project M Doubles / Crew Battles and other events

10:00pm- (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up.

Prize Pool:
30+ Entrants
1st place - 50%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%

8-29 Entrants

1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

4-7 entrants
1st - 80%
2nd- 20%

Food Locations:
The End Game center is located conveniently near many food places. Maharaja (Indian Cuisine type) is actually adjacent to the venue, but there are other options within walking or short driving distance including CiCi's Pizza, Chili's, Burger King, Milan, Asian Fusion Grill, Marco and Luco's Dumplings (best dumplings in C'ville, as far as I've heard) and COOKOUT.

**IMPORTANT**
If you bring one of the first SIX full SSB setups your venue fee will be waived. This will be decided on a first come first serve basis via contacting me beforehand, then by who brings setups to the venue first (If fewer than 6 set ups have been committed to the tourney by the tourney date, the remaining venue waives will be given to those who arrive earliest with a setup)
I define a full set-up as a TV, Wii / Gamecube, and a Melee disc / Brawl disc + PM SD card.
Partial set ups are subject to a potential $5 Venue fee waive if they can complete another partial setup!
Extention cords are always appreciated =D

Venue Fee Waived List:
1. TV, GC, Melee [Arcadia]
2. TV, Wii, PM, [Chuckles]
3. TV, Wii, Melee [Shadocat]
4. TV, Wii, PM [AcousticAdrian
]
5. TV, GC, Melee [Milkman]
6. TV, Wii, Melee [Hot$]

*[Brackets] indicate full setup and $10 venue fee waive.

Melee Ruleset:
-This is the MBR 2013 recommended rule set but varies accordingly:
- Wobbling and infinites are LEGAL except in the case of stalling
- Modified DSR

Project M Stage Picking:
All stages on page 1 are legal
1. For game one, bottom row (neutral) stages are used. Players alternate banning on this row until 1 stage is reached with the # of bans equal to 1-2-2-1 respectively.
2.. For game 2, winner bans one of the three rows, then loser picks from the remaining two rows.
3. Winner then bans 3 stages from this row and loser counterpicks from the remaining 4 stages.
4. For games 3+ repeat steps 2 and 3.
*Modified DSR - Player may not return to a stage if they LAST won on it, but may return to any stage otherwise.

***Disclaimer***
Please do not split prize money at these tournaments and be sure to play out all sets to the fullest of your ability. Prizes are not final until the tournament has officially finished at 10PM on the day of the event. If it comes to my attention that splitting has taken place, prize money must be forfeited to the next highest legitimately placing entrant. Repeat offenders are subject to exclusion from future ECE events.

You can contact me at (304)-888-1791 if needed.

Huge thanks to GIMR and Somiyah of VGBC for streaming this event!
image.jpg

Last edited:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
We need to actually begin starting at 1:30pm so we have time for doubles / draft crews if people want to.

Also plz do doubles so I can play ;) I won't be able to show up til 5:45pm

hot$

Smash Ace
Since I'm gonna come to this. Amk, I want to reserve that last spot ^_^

(so i'll bring my wii + tv+melee)

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I can also run Melee on my setup, but since we tend to run short on P:M let's make it primarily P:M

EDIT: Take me off the list for setups. Since I won't be showing up til late I won't be able to bring a setup :/

Last edited:

QWA

Smash Apprentice
It's weird that only a few months ago, I was the guy who would stream this thing, and now VGBootcamp is in here doing it. Glad to see this is getting bigger.

Fred_Gurtz (Cobalt)

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3179-6888-2353
I'll probably try to make it. I might bring a setup for ProjectM if it's needed. Let me know.

I'll also be bringing my great sense of humor, unwanted commentary and terrible dance moves. You're welcome.

Cruzar

Smash Rookie
I wish I could go, I had a pretty good time for my first tournament. But alas, I'm already back at school, oh well.

Fred_Gurtz (Cobalt)

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3179-6888-2353
Cruzar unfortunately (or fortunately) goes to college out-of-state, so he won't be able to make it. North Carolina to Charlottesville is a little far. :p

EDIT: Actually South Carolina. The point still stands.

SnowMarth

Smash Rookie
I've never been to a smash tournament before and I would love to participate in one if anything just for the learning experience. Might this be a good one to go to.

.fube

Smash Cadet
I will try to be there. If needed I can bring a full setup but don't rely on me because i wont know if I can attend until it gets a bit closer to the date.

Fred_Gurtz (Cobalt)

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3179-6888-2353
I've never been to a smash tournament before and I would love to participate in one if anything just for the learning experience. Might this be a good one to go to.
November ECE was my first tournament, and it turned out great. It's a respectable venue (little small, but otherwise fine,) a friendly crowd, and a great tournament to start at. After my first one in November, I brought some of my friends to the December event, and they all had a blast. I can't recommend it enough. Hope to see you there!

SnowMarth

Smash Rookie
November ECE was my first tournament, and it turned out great. It's a respectable venue (little small, but otherwise fine,) a friendly crowd, and a great tournament to start at. After my first one in November, I brought some of my friends to the December event, and they all had a blast. I can't recommend it enough. Hope to see you there!
I'll try my best to make it out, just look for the nerdy kid wearing a Tardis hoodie and looking like he has no idea whats going on?

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
Wish it was this weekend, I'll be down in Cville for a couple of basketball games. Definitely will try to make it out to the next one though.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I might come depending on my job/carpool situation. I'm waiting to hear back from Savage's group.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Ever so tempting. I'll see what I can do. I can bring my half setup as usual if you are still doing half-waives or such.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Note* Schedule times have been adjusted.
Be sure to arrive on time. Though the schedule may vary, no event will start later than the time listed and nobody will be allowed to register after the listed starting time!

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Had a blast out here, first SWF tournament! Of course I got my ass handed to me, but I learned a lot and can't wait for my next. Also learned g-reg was not black (o.0) and Cobalt you've got a really creepy stare. J/S.

Fred_Gurtz (Cobalt)

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3179-6888-2353
Had a blast out here, first SWF tournament! Of course I got my *** handed to me, but I learned a lot and can't wait for my next. Also learned g-reg was not black (o.0) and Cobalt you've got a really creepy stare. J/S.
Thanks, I guess. I suppose I'll see you around... with my creepy stare.

Top Bottom