• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites (ECE)-- CenVA Tourney!

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Hey Everyone!
Keep your calendars open and get ready for a showdown, the CenVA tourney is here! For a long time I've wanted to make CenVA a more prominent area for tournaments and after a few smashfests / mini-events, I've decided jump-start the process by organizing a string of tournaments! This tourney will feature brawl and melee doubles and singles play.

Date:
12/22 is confirmed!

Venue Location:
The End Game Center
143 Zan Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Fees:
$5 Venue fee
$10 Singles (Melee or Brawl)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee or Brawl)

Schedule:
*Signs ups for every event will be available until 30 minutes prior to the event!

**If anyone cannot make it to the tourney until the start of singles or slightly later but still wants to enter send me an e-mail at Ammadk_24@yahoo.com OR call me at (304)-888-1791 to pre-register. I will make sure your name is on the bracket as long as you do this before the 12:30 registration deadline for singles. Same applies for doubles, but Idt that will be as much of an issue.**

11:00AM- Venue opens, registration begins.
12:30pm- Singles registration ends.
1:00pm- Melee and Brawl Singles begin
3:30pm- Doubles registration ends
4:00pm- Melee and Brawl Doubles begin
7:00pm (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up.

Pot Split:
5-10 Entrants: 100% to 1st place
11-20 Entrants: 80%/20% to 1st/2nd place respectively
20+ Entrants: 60%/30%/10% to 1st/2nd/3rd place respectively

Food Locations:
The End Game center is located conveniently near many food places. Maharaja (Indian Cuisine type) is actually adjacent to the venue, but there are other options within walking or short driving distance including CiCi's Pizza, Chili's, Burger King, Milan, Asian Fusion Grill, and Marco and Luco's Dumplings (best dumplings in C'ville, as far as I've heard) .

Snacks and drinks will also be available for purchase at the venue!

Housing: This is tentative, but if I'm staying the night at my apartment I'll be able to accommodate a group of smashers and potentially host an afterfest. I'll confirm housing before the tournament date and the afterfest will be determined at the tourney.

**IMPORTANT**
As mentioned earlier I need people to bring setups. Without enough, the tourney may run late or not finish at all. If you bring a full setup your venue fee will be waived. I define a full set-up as a TV, Wii or Gamecube, and a copy of either Brawl or Melee. If you bring both Brawl and Melee it will still count as 1 setup.

Here are the rule sets for Melee and Brawl

Results
Brawl Singles:
1st - Korn
2nd - Iota
3rd- Taj

Melee Singles:
1st - Boss
2nd - Nintendude
3rd - Nainsoo

Brawl Doubles:
1st - Korn / Boss
2nd - Iota / Taj
3rd - Eon / Zion

Melee Doubles:
1st - Nobody cuz we had so such a poop turnnout for the dubs scene -_-

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
would love to go to this. only 2 hours away from me. but car problems hit me outta nowhere :c................. also chirstmas shopping >_>...................... and cat appointment at the vet............................. ****

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
I'm gonna find out tomorrow if I can swap shifts with someone and make it out there. If so, I'll bring a setup and some other SOVA players.

Shadocat, where are you located?

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Shado, that's really unfortunate :( I'm sorry to hear about your car! If you'd still like to come I'd be happy to find you a carpool, just lemme know :D

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough man, if u need a ride or something lemme know. I'm going to try and set up car pools. Also The End Game Center is willing to stream this. More info later.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I'm gonna find out tomorrow if I can swap shifts with someone and make it out there. If so, I'll bring a setup and some other SOVA players.

Shadocat, where are you located?
Shado, that's really unfortunate :( I'm sorry to hear about your car! If you'd still like to come I'd be happy to find you a carpool, just lemme know :D
im like in southwest va, in roanoke.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
I could probably get a ride to Williamsburg, but I'm not sure how I would get back.
I'll know by the end of this week if I can trade shifts with someone. If so, I'll just take you back to VA Beach and crash at my girlfriend's.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Damn guys, these tournaments always have to be when I'm in NY!

I really wish I could be there and support this tourney scene. Good work AmKhokar.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Shadocat's looking for a ride from Roanoke in SOVA and I think Almightypancake said he was bringing some SOVA players, but I'm not sure if he's from there or not.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
Ah, sorry to hear that Almighty! I hope all is well at work =D.

**If anyone cannot make it to the tourney until the start of singles or slightly later but still wants to enter send me an e-mail at Ammadk_24@yahoo.com OR call me at (304)-888-1791 to pre-register. I will make sure your name is on the bracket as long as you do this before the 12:30 registration deadline for singles. Same applies for doubles, but Idt that will be as much of an issue.

RiverTems

Smash Rookie
I am new to SmashBoards and to Melee in general but I feel at this point I've become reasonable enough not to embarrass myself at a tourney. Count me in.

~20%

Smash Rookie
I'm up at University of Maryland, but I'll try to get down here for this. I haven't tournament'd since the last Shell Shocked, and I've improved quite a bit since then.

Planning to play Melee, and P:M if there's a setup.

Top Bottom