• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest way to use rest

Mr. Game and Dedede

Smash Rookie
wut da freak is it? is it jumpin on an opponents head or going into the fray and jus pray sumone gets rested( new word dont quote me)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dair to rest actually works with the proper mindset. people can "DI out", but you can react to the positioning while doing the dair, before you commit to the rest, making it very safe if you practice the timing enough.

They basically have to powershield the rest to avoid it, however you can also grab out of the dair when they are playing defensive and are shielding often. once they start trying to hit you out of your grabs, that's when you start resting successfully. mindgames!

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
This^^
If you start mixing in some uTilt out of dair with this, mindgames become even more epic.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
If you have trouble with rest try this.

Play Brawl, choose Jigglypuff and a cpu, set handicap for cpu on 300%, set lives to 10, start match, select a stage.

Now that you're playing use only rest during this match. Practice landing it (try not to miss). Find ways on how to approach with rest. That's one of the ways I practice rest.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
when the opponent is tripped you should be able to hit them with rest. A lot of times i just jump on there heads and rest and that seems to work just fine but i dont use rest that often seeing as how i dont need to lol.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
when the opponent is tripped you should be able to hit them with rest. A lot of times i just jump on there heads and rest and that seems to work just fine but i dont use rest that often seeing as how i dont need to lol.
this post made me angry

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
pick delfino plaza.... rest from underneath the stage go into them
rest on and or above the water.... if u miss the water will wake you up and u can just try for another till it hits.
try Norfair..... rest and laza wake you up ect......... =D

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
when the opponent is TRIPPED (Rapist) you should be able to hit them(Abuse)with rest (mor ****). A lot of times i just jump on there heads and rest(raaape) and that seems to work just fine(i bet you little...) but i dont use rest that often seeing as how i dont need to lol(or you don't want to get caught....rapist).
You sir are sadistic child molester. (get *****)

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
answer : roll punishing.

thread over
Melee taught us well.

dair to rest actually works with the proper mindset. people can "DI out", but you can react to the positioning while doing the dair, before you commit to the rest, making it very safe if you practice the timing enough.

They basically have to powershield the rest to avoid it, however you can also grab out of the dair when they are playing defensive and are shielding often. once they start trying to hit you out of your grabs, that's when you start resting successfully. mindgames!
Conditioning someone to react a certain way is my favvvv.

Top Bottom