• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest way to reverse DTilt?

MiniM

Smash Rookie
I'm having a lot of trouble consistently doing reverse D-Tilts. It's a great follow-up to GF -> Bair, but 75% of the time, I either FTilt or DTilt the wrong way.

I use tilt stick. I've found more success just using control stick to change directions so far.. still not consistently though. Any tips would be appreciated!

claystate

Smash Rookie
finally got around to practicing bair dtilt

during the bair startup you want to already be holding the direction you want to face, and then time the cstick down such that you do it when you turn around (you have to wait a lot longer than expected)

in training mode. if you lock fox to ~16% you should be able to combo rar gf bair > dtilt into itself indefinitely. could be good practice for the turnaround dtilt (and the rar gf bair too lol)

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just slightly tilt the stick forward and hit down on the C stick. They will turn around and you can get an easy dtilt. If you are doing this from a bair, after the attack hits, just lightly tilt the control stick in the the other direction and hit down on the C stick.

Last edited:

Lions’s Sin of Pride

Smash Rookie
Honestly man, it’s just practice practice practice until it becomes muscle memory. I had the same issue and still currently do at times. But I’m able to do it more comfortably than before. It just seems like it’s a little more precise now than other Smash games.

Johhny_C_Bad

Smash Rookie
Honestly man, it’s just practice practice practice until it becomes muscle memory. I had the same issue and still currently do at times. But I’m able to do it more comfortably than before. It just seems like it’s a little more precise now than other Smash games.
This. I just learned over time to do tilts on the left stick. Whenever I need to do a dtilt to someone behind me, I put the left stick in the lower-left notch of my gamecube controller and press A. But of course, this could be different for you if you don't use a gamecube controller (which is totally fine btw)

Top Bottom