• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest Way to Practice Gatling combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Since I had trouble doing it and looks like most new people are to. Here's an in depth guide on how to gatling combo.

The easiest way to do a gatling combo is to go into training and set the speed at 1/4. At this speed you can see everything in slow motion and give you better reaction time.

Go running up to the foe and hit A (not down c-stick) when you are directly in front of them. You have to be very close. After you have hit A hammer up on the c-stick and you should combo them. Do the combo untill you have it down pat.

Now take the speed to 1/2. Here you should do the same thing as you did at 1/4. Repeat the combo as done in 1/4 untill you get it here.

Now take the speed to 2/3. Now you can do the down c-stick into an up c-stick. You should practice here for a while. I would also like to mention another attack you should practice here, Smash Dashing. Go running and charge an up smash.... don't just hit the c-stick... charge it. When done correctly you should go from running to sliding on the ground and charging an up smash.

Now take it to full speed and repeat everything in 2/3.

If you wish to get it down very well to where you can do it with your eye's closed then take the speed to 1.5.

Laser training. Those of you who wish to master spacing and such should start with 1/4 speed and work up just like in the above. At the slow speed you can plan your timing on when Falco will shoot his lasers and when he'll phantism. This is harder to do since the changing speeds mess up your timing so much but this will help you.

*NOTE* Changing the speeds will only help you on a select few combos. If you try it with grab combos you will fail. Most combos should be done at normal speed only.

thank you

Blad01

Smash Lord
... Well, i find that changing speed is the most disapointing thing for training ôO Personnally, i mastered DLX, Boost Smash, Laser Spacing in normal speed, it lakes less time ^^

Mith_

Smash Champion
I practice my lasers zoomed in at a slower speed, then i try to do it in normal speed. Everything else except maybe a shortened phantasm can be practiced full speed.

§witch

Smash Lord
lol, gatling timing isn't that hard. Wavebounced lasers are the only thing I can see you needing to slow it down for.

saviorslegacy

I know you don't have to practice it in slow speeds. There just seems to be a lot of people saying "I can't seem to get the DLX combo right." So I remembered how a friend told me to practice the Snake Dash. So I tried it woth the Gattling Combo and I got it down pat in about 10 minutes. ;) I figured it would help those who are new to it.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I actually find slowing it down counterproductive. The best way to get the timing for the Gatling combo is to learn to Snake-dash, honestly. Snake's window for his boost smash is HUGE, and you can easily learn to do it. Once you have that, do the EXACT same input for falco but connect with the dash attack.

Legend Vermillion

Spanish Brawl Competitive Player
Well, the tech isn´t hard at all but it´s a good method to practice. And you can use it with other techs, specially with hards techs ^^

Chevalier

Smash Rookie
Gatling is pretty easy. For those who need to learn it, yes, do it with snake.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Lol, that's how I actually learned it.
I asked somebody at a tourney how to Mortarslide. Then he told me I could do it with most characters.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I wouldn't change the speed. If you know the button combinations, work with that at normal speed so you get the timing down quicker.

Not saying that changing the speed won't work...but I just feel like you're fine going at it at regular speeds anyway. It doesn't take too long to learn.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
How would you guys suggest practicing Short Phantasm with Falco, regular speed, or a slower speed?

syco1337

Smash Rookie
i practiced in regular and it took the most of a day...so...maybe slower would help but once you can consistently do it in slow switch back.

Denzi

Smash Master
I actually find slowing it down counterproductive. The best way to get the timing for the Gatling combo is to learn to Snake-dash, honestly. Snake's window for his boost smash is HUGE, and you can easily learn to do it. Once you have that, do the EXACT same input for falco but connect with the dash attack.
This is the Answer.
Slowing it down doesn't help
ChuckNorris Snake can do anything.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
This works but I feel it's much more work than needed

After I do a few boost smashes my index starts to tingle a bit from hitting the Z button

Easy way to do Gatling combo (Assuming default controls)

Run At Enemy, C-Stick Down and when it hits them, C-Stick Up

I find boost smashing only useful when mortar sliding without hitting

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
... Well, i find that changing speed is the most disapointing thing for training ôO Personnally, i mastered DLX, Boost Smash, Laser Spacing in normal speed, it lakes less time ^^
Same.

Except after returning to smash (not really) after 3months, I can't do boost smash as well (in both distance control and actually getting it to work) any more.

Chance the speed does help I'll admit, but only if you can't get it in normal speed the first time.

saviorslegacy

lol... the first person I used the dash thing whatever with was Snake. His is called Snake Dash as you know (I just said that so you would know what I was talking about).

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
This works but I feel it's much more work than needed

After I do a few boost smashes my index starts to tingle a bit from hitting the Z button

Easy way to do Gatling combo (Assuming default controls)

Run At Enemy, C-Stick Down and when it hits them, C-Stick Up

I find boost smashing only useful when mortar sliding without hitting
You're hitting the button too hard, then. Having to c-stick down then up would wear your thumb out faster than the down-C/up-Z method. Plus, getting that down cold allows you to do multiple techs with a single button combo.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You're hitting the button too hard, then. Having to c-stick down then up would wear your thumb out faster than the down-C/up-Z method. Plus, getting that down cold allows you to do multiple techs with a single button combo.
The down C-Stick, up C-stick works with any DLX as long as the first connects so

Edit: For some reason, I've been hitting A along with up and Z

I don't know why but I was.

This is much easier now lmfao XD

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
The down-C /up-z method works for boost smashes also, though, so more techs with one input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom