• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earphones & Music during tournamenrs

The Sparrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
SPTheSparrow
Im a very nervous person, I get super distracted by the commentators and I get stressed as hell hearing everything around me as I play. So I wanted to ask if its not going to be too much of a hinderance to use earphones and have music calm me down.

Visual ques never meant much for me in Smash since my eyes followed my opponent more than me, so should I listen to music and calm down in tourney or not and try to focus on the match with my ADHD beckoning me to pay attention to commentators.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Im a very nervous person, I get super distracted by the commentators and I get stressed as hell hearing everything around me as I play. So I wanted to ask if its not going to be too much of a hinderance to use earphones and have music calm me down.

Visual ques never meant much for me in Smash since my eyes followed my opponent more than me, so should I listen to music and calm down in tourney or not and try to focus on the match with my ADHD beckoning me to pay attention to commentators.
As it turns out, wearing earbuds or headphones and playing music midmatch to drown out noise is actually very commonplace throughout the community, so go for it :)

Lethiathan

Smash Rookie

I’ve never attended tournaments, however I do know people wear earmuffs but I’m not sure how effective that is. I like to play in dead silence sometimes but music is definitely a must. Even if it just drowns out everyone around you. Sometimes im worried I have my music too loud.

GhostM

Phantom
I’d say just listen to music with headphones or earbuds to calm you down. I understand that same pressure you have when people are commentating and watching your gameplay. It’s better to take the safe route instead of letting your ADHD taking over. Also, choose the version of music that can be played for an hour, so that your music won’t stop during the match. It would suck if your music ended and had that ADHD activate again.

Top Bottom