• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earned Elite Smash for All Characters

Ness guy

Smash Rookie
Hi to whoever happens upon this post. I always fancied myself as more of a utility player (not really great with one character, but ok with most of them). I decided to challenge myself, once I learned that elite smash was a thing with the following: not only earn elite smash with the few characters I like, but get it for all of them. For anyone wanting to try the same, I had a rule that once I lost 3 times with a character, I switched to the next character on the roster. Kept things from getting boring. As a fun fact, the 5 characters that took me the longest to get elite smash for were Pichu, Ryu, Bayonetta, Simon, and Incineroar. I took almost 3 months and exactly 3000 battles to pull it off (I hit the 3000 milestone right after I added the last character to the elite, which was Ryu by the way). Lastly, you aren't awarded with anything when you do accomplish it, but it was still fun to do. I won't let this post get too long, I was just excited to accomplish it and wanted to share.

Quick update: I don't see a way to upload a photo, but I did take a photo for proof.

Thanks for reading!

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Congrats; that’s quite impressive! Did you practice with characters you tried less often? Because back in Smash 4, I’d get my butt kicked whenever I picked Bayo, whom I have more experience with in Smash Run than actual battles...

Ness guy

Smash Rookie
For the comments so far, I did have to practice with some characters. I looked up play styles and combos on the internet to help. For example, I hated being Bayonetta, but once I got a few of her combos down, she wasn't too bad. Guess I was just annoyed that I wasn't that great with her haha. Ryu was my hardest character though because sometimes, while fighting, I'd accidentally input one of his controller specials and spin off to my death or uppercut far from the stage. As for the other comment, I don't have any of that stuff as I'm not a big online person (no facebook or anything like that). If there was a way I could upload the picture from my phone, that would be great, but if not, I don't really want to join another website just to upload a photo.
Thanks for the responses everyone. :)

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
For the comments so far, I did have to practice with some characters. I looked up play styles and combos on the internet to help. For example, I hated being Bayonetta, but once I got a few of her combos down, she wasn't too bad. Guess I was just annoyed that I wasn't that great with her haha. Ryu was my hardest character though because sometimes, while fighting, I'd accidentally input one of his controller specials and spin off to my death or uppercut far from the stage. As for the other comment, I don't have any of that stuff as I'm not a big online person (no facebook or anything like that). If there was a way I could upload the picture from my phone, that would be great, but if not, I don't really want to join another website just to upload a photo.
Thanks for the responses everyone. :)
If you log into smashboards on mobile, it should let you upload photos from your phone. Done it myself before :)

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
Lol I’ll never have elite smash for all the characters. I solo main with 95% of my playtime with my character.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
How even?
the character is basically a free win, It's pretty much impossible to lose as a Bayo unless you're going up against another Bayo.
Apparently, I didn't know her as well as I thought. But a free win? That's illogical. She's not a unga bunga character that carries you to Elite. Like everyone else, you have to learn how to use her in order to win.

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
I think getting your roster gsp to meet the threshold will put all your characters in elite smash (correct me if im wrong) so winning a match 1-2 times with almost every character is the best way to get everyone in elite since the roster gsp will boost everyones individual gsp (until you lose with a character and go below the threshold)

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, I didn't know her as well as I thought. But a free win? That's illogical. She's not a unga bunga character that carries you to Elite. Like everyone else, you have to learn how to use her in order to win.
I'm talking about SSB4 Bayo. In ultimate, she got some of her broken stuff nerfed slightly. She's still top tier, but she isn't ruining the game as a whole anymore.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I'm talking about SSB4 Bayo. In ultimate, she got some of her broken stuff nerfed slightly. She's still top tier, but she isn't ruining the game as a whole anymore.
She's definitely not top tier in this game, and she was massively nerfed. Otherwise, I would see her a ton online.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I think getting your roster gsp to meet the threshold will put all your characters in elite smash (correct me if im wrong) so winning a match 1-2 times with almost every character is the best way to get everyone in elite since the roster gsp will boost everyones individual gsp (until you lose with a character and go below the threshold)
My roster GSP is over my top fighter and I don't have every fighter in.

Ness guy

Smash Rookie
I think that’s probably true. From personal experience, I would have a few characters drop out of the elite from time to time and usually getting one back in would make the others reilluminate as well. It was probably the roster gsp that went up enough to make them come back in. So I guess in theory, you could have really high scores with a few and that would make the roster gsp high enough to make them all light up. I however am not that good to get them all elite that way haha. Had to do it the longer way character by character haha.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Doesn’t matter. The point is that I sucked with a top-tier character, therefore it can’t be a free win even if I tried.

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
4.1 mil GSP with Bowser and 3.9 mil with Lucario here and still haven’t locked Elite Smash LOL

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
4.1 mil GSP with Bowser and 3.9 mil with Lucario here and still haven’t locked Elite Smash LOL
That's odd. The value was pretty close to 4 mil last I got it not too long ago. Maybe it's increased to just over 4.1? Or maybe it's not a simple GSP value and requires a certain number of games played with the character, or roster GSP, or something...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's odd. The value was pretty close to 4 mil last I got it not too long ago. Maybe it's increased to just over 4.1? Or maybe it's not a simple GSP value and requires a certain number of games played with the character, or roster GSP, or something...
I've seen it mentioned multiple times that win/loss ratio also matters. If you have a high GSP but more losses than wins apparently you can't get elite smash.

Ness guy

Smash Rookie
If it helps any, the cutoff as of today, 3/10, is about 4 million, 33 thousand. I’m not sure why a character wouldn’t be in the elite smash if their GSP is higher than that number.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I only have Dark Samus in Elite and that's because i haven't played with her in a long time, as soon as i lose 1 fight i lose Elite too, congrats on you feat dude.

Coccinelle

Smash Apprentice
Hi to whoever happens upon this post. I always fancied myself as more of a utility player (not really great with one character, but ok with most of them). I decided to challenge myself, once I learned that elite smash was a thing with the following: not only earn elite smash with the few characters I like, but get it for all of them. For anyone wanting to try the same, I had a rule that once I lost 3 times with a character, I switched to the next character on the roster. Kept things from getting boring. As a fun fact, the 5 characters that took me the longest to get elite smash for were Pichu, Ryu, Bayonetta, Simon, and Incineroar. I took almost 3 months and exactly 3000 battles to pull it off (I hit the 3000 milestone right after I added the last character to the elite, which was Ryu by the way). Lastly, you aren't awarded with anything when you do accomplish it, but it was still fun to do. I won't let this post get too long, I was just excited to accomplish it and wanted to share.

Quick update: I don't see a way to upload a photo, but I did take a photo for proof.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!
Did you make a tier list based on your expérience with all characters? Would be interested to know your thoughts!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, that's cool, but who's your actual main?

Ness guy

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the questions. As for a tier list, I did not make one. I tend not to follow those as I think if you're good with a particular character, you could overcome possible traits that might make them lower tier. Also, I tend to do better with longer range characters so if I did make one, it would likely have those types of characters at the higher end. As for my main, I actually tend to have a handful that I use, which is probably no surprise. My favorite that I use, and the username gives it away, is Ness. Others that I use fairly often are Villager, ROB, Mega Man, Pac Man, Toon Link, Young Link, and Bowser Jr. Having multiple characters to use came in handy before Ultimate, when you could switch characters between matches. It would sometimes throw people off by using a different character (not always though haha). That's not as much of an option in Ultimate, but I find it fun to switch up characters rather than play with one repeatedly. Thanks again for the questions and have a nice night.

Top Bottom