• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
These rosters need more Andy from Advance Wars.

'Nuff said.
I mean, for wish lists, that's subjective and depends on the person. But for a prediction? I don't see Andy having any merit at all, at least right now. When was the last Advance Wars game that had him again? Yeah, the series has history, but not any relevance to modern Nintendo.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I mean, for wish lists, that's subjective and depends on the person. But for a prediction? I don't see Andy having any merit at all, at least right now. When was the last Advance Wars game that had him again? Yeah, the series has history, but not any relevance to modern Nintendo.
Isn't there a newish one coming out, placed in Medieval times or something like that?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Or Tingle.

But he's the Scrappy Doo of Zelda and no longer in the franchise unless it's small cameos like Skyward Sword.
Yeah, but he is the only LoZ character to get a spinoff of their own. I think Tingle has an argument.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, but he is the only LoZ character to get a spinoff of their own. I think Tingle has an argument.
I see you're forgetting Zelda's greatest spinoff.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I see you're forgetting Zelda's greatest spinoff.

A very good spinoff.

Tetra's Treasure Tracker is another good one.

Too bad it was originally going to be a sequel to the non-localized Super Famicom Marvelous game Aonuma made in the past.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
These rosters need more Andy from Advance Wars.

'Nuff said.
Are you sure you're not a clone of me?
I don't see Andy as a viable contender for the next Smash Bros (if we're being honest here) but he's more than deserving of being in Smash Bros if IS actually pulled it's weight for the series. AW (Wars as a whole) has enough relevance to Nintendo of any period to have it's place in Smash Bros.
Isn't there a newish one coming out, placed in Medieval times or something like that?
That's a FE/AW styled game actually. Nothing to do with AW.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Or Tingle.

But he's the Scrappy Doo of Zelda and no longer in the franchise unless it's small cameos like Skyward Sword.
Or has a island in BotW tanmed after him...and the other 3 brothers have own island too. Tho BotW is full of referances.
(spelt Tingel island but still).

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'd like to make some roster predictions, but right now I have absolutely no idea about what the roster will be, we don't know if there is a change in the selection criteria, or if they are keeping some characters purposely out so they can add them later as DLC, or other stuff (we don't even know if the new smash will have a new art direction, and it may influence the character choices as well, such as the case of Villager in Brawl that was not chosen because it was unfitting and Sakurai prefered to focus on the fighter characters).
This said, I think we all can assume that at least 1 character will be in the roster for (almost) sure, 99% sure, and that's the Inkling, for obvious reasons.
And also, there are some fan favorite characters from the Smash4 hype times, that now are incredibly outdated, like Ghirahim, that's not much important anymore, and he's not the only one.

As for my ideal roster, things have changed a bit since Smash 4 but not that much, I'll probably make some more detailed posts later, maybe when the Smash successor will be actually announced.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'd like to make some roster predictions, but right now I have absolutely no idea about what the roster will be, we don't know if there is a change in the selection criteria, or if they are keeping some characters purposely out so they can add them later as DLC, or other stuff (we don't even know if the new smash will have a new art direction, and it may influence the character choices as well, such as the case of Villager in Brawl that was not chosen because it was unfitting and Sakurai prefered to focus on the fighter characters).
This said, I think we all can assume that at least 1 character will be in the roster for (almost) sure, 99% sure, and that's the Inkling, for obvious reasons.
And also, there are some fan favorite characters from the Smash4 hype times, that now are incredibly outdated, like Ghirahim, that's not much important anymore, and he's not the only one.

As for my ideal roster, things have changed a bit since Smash 4 but not that much, I'll probably make some more detailed posts later, maybe when the Smash successor will be actually announced.
Well now that Takamaru is a lot more known in the West he is a very likely candidate for a promotion since the only thing keeping him back was fear of being too obscure.

Ice Climbers are very likely too. The Switch surely can handle them.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

those are my bets for the Smash4 port on the Switch; .. I had a bigger description on my DA, but I can say I'm not really expecting anything Smash related at E3 (would be great if I'm wrong), most because of the Pokémon stuff that seem more favorable.. and there's no room for both releases this year, imo.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Well, I better get this out before this thread goes kaput again.

Sadly, I can't get the Roster Maker to download, so i'm hiding this behind a spoiler.

This is an Ideal, not even close to realistic roster, 80 people, spread all throughout Nintendo's history from the biggest franchise to the obscure greats.

First: Cuts

Cloud: Yeah, sorry, this is a Nintendo celebration and Cloud's Nintendo resume is two obscure spinoffs that his moveset ignores. There are six Nintendo Final Fantasies and countless Third Parties with stronger ties to Nintendo and they go with this guy. SMH.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina: Clones, bring nothing new to the table.

Ryu: Simply replacing him with another Capcom character I think fits better. You'll see.

Bayonetta: I'm adding way too many Third Party characters, so there's no room for her. I kind of despise her anyway. Remember, this is an Ideal roster and not what I think is really gonna happen.

Sheik: Replaced with Impa.

Jigglypuff: Oh boy, gonna get some crap for this. Again, this is my ideal roster and not one I think is gonna happen, and I honestly HATE Jigglypuffs inclusion. It is WORTHLESS. The only reason it got in was because of the Anime, where it hasn't appeared in like 200 episodes or some ****. Meowth should've been given it's slot, I'll stand by that until the day I die.

Mii Gunner, Sword Fighter, and Brawler: Replaced with a single Mii who actually represents games like Wii Sports, etc.

So, here's the roster. Enjoy.

*= character I want to see overhauled with a new moveset.

MARIO SERIES:
1: Mario

2: Luigi

3: Bowser

4: Peach

5: Bowser Jr.

6: Rosalina

7: Captain Toad

8: Paper Mario

YOSHI SERIES:

9: Yoshi

10: Kamek

WARIO SERIES:

11: Wario*

12: Ashley

DONKEY KONG SERIES:

13: Donkey Kong

14: Diddy Kong

15: Dixie Kong

16: King K Rool

LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES:

17: Link

18: Zelda

19: Ganondorf*

20: Toon Link*

21: Impa

22: Tetra

23: Skull Kid

24: Vaati

POKEMON SERIES:

25: Pikachu

26: Pichu*

27: Charizard

28: Mewtwo

29: Meowth

30: Lucario

31: Greninja

32: Decidueye

KIRBY SERIES:

33: Kirby

34: King Dedede

35: Meta Knight

36: Bandana Dee

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES:

37: Marth

38: Roy*

39: Ike

40: Robin (Wooah! we're halfway there!)

41: Corrin

STAR FOX SERIES:

42: Fox

43: Falco

44: Wolf*

PUNCH OUT SERIES:

45: Little Mac

46: King Hippo

METROID SERIES:

47: Samus

48: Zero Suit Samus

49: Ridley

F ZERO SERIES:

50: Captain Falcon (YES!!)

51: Samurai Goroh

KID ICARUS SERIES:

52: Pit

53: Palutena

54: Medusa

RETRO CHARACTERS:

55: Mr. Game and Watch

56: Duck Hunt

57: R.O.B

58: Great Puma (NES Pro Wrestling)

59: Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)

60: Ice Climbers

MOTHER:

61: Ness

62: Lucas

63: Ninten

OTHER NINTENDO SERIES:

64: Villager

65: Olimar

66: Wii Fit Trainer

67: Shulk

68: Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)

69: Captain Rainbow (.. Captain Rainbow)

70: Mii

71: Andy (Advance Wars)

72: Issac (Golden Sun)

73: Inklings (Splatoon)

THIRD PARTIES:

74: Sonic the Hedgehog

75: Megaman

76: Pac-Man

77: Phoenix Wright (Yeah, Ace Attorney just seems like more of a ''Nintendo'' series then Street Fighter tbh)

78: Simon Belmont

79: Earthworm Jim

80: Bartz Klauser

So, whaddya think? (About the newcomers, please don't kill me because of the cuts)

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Sadly, I can't get the Roster Maker to download, so i'm hiding this behind a spoiler.

This is an Ideal, not even close to realistic roster, 80 people, spread all throughout Nintendo's history from the biggest franchise to the obscure greats.

Cloud: Yeah, sorry, this is a Nintendo celebration and Cloud's Nintendo resume is two obscure spinoffs that his moveset ignores. There are six Nintendo Final Fantasies and countless Third Parties with stronger ties to Nintendo and they go with this guy. SMH.

Ryu: Simply replacing him with another Capcom character I think fits better. You'll see.

Bayonetta: I'm adding way too many Third Party characters, so there's no room for her. I kind of despise her anyway. Remember, this is an Ideal roster and not what I think is really gonna happen.

Jigglypuff: Oh boy, gonna get some crap for this. Again, this is my ideal roster and not one I think is gonna happen, and I honestly HATE Jigglypuffs inclusion. It is WORTHLESS. The only reason it got in was because of the Anime, where it hasn't appeared in like 200 episodes or some ****. Meowth should've been given it's slot, I'll stand by that until the day I die.

Mii Gunner, Sword Fighter, and Brawler: Replaced with a single Mii who actually represents games like Wii Sports, etc.

MARIO SERIES:

YOSHI SERIES:

WARIO SERIES:

DONKEY KONG SERIES:

LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES:

POKEMON SERIES:

KIRBY SERIES:

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES:

STAR FOX SERIES:

PUNCH OUT SERIES:

METROID SERIES:

F ZERO SERIES:

KID ICARUS SERIES:

RETRO CHARACTERS:

MOTHER:

OTHER NINTENDO SERIES:

THIRD PARTIES:

77: Phoenix Wright (Yeah, Ace Attorney just seems like more of a ''Nintendo'' series then Street Fighter tbh)

So, whaddya think? (About the newcomers, please don't kill me because of the cuts)
I'm only responding because you asked.

I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite thing in world either. Jigglypuff being my main is never something I want to see cut, but I get why people want her gone. I'm fine with the rest, but that's not a common opinion here I assure you.

About the newcomers (from a personal viewpont)
+Kamek
+Ashley
+Dixie Kong
+K.Rool
+Impa
+Skull Kid
+Vaati
+Growth
+Decidueye
+Bandanna Dee
+King Hippo
+Ridley
+Muddy Mole
+Andy
+Isaac
+Inklings

=Captain Toad
=Samurai Goroh
=Captain Rainbow
=Earthworm Jim

-Paper Mario
-Tetra
-Medusa
-------------------Great Puma
-Ninten
-Rovias
-Phoenix Wright
-Simon Belmont
-Bartz Klauser

Don't take a lot of these personally, some characters I don't like because they're repeats, and some are just 3rd parties that don't appeal to me. The only character choice I really ****ing hate would be Great Puma.

I didn't add returning vets, but I like Wolf and IC's, no Pichu, new moveset or not.

I agree that Wario, Ganondorf, and Wolf should get revamped, couldn't care less about Roy and Pichu though.

Overall 6/7 out of 10, would play.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here you go!

Admittedly, I had to make the icons for Bartz and Great Puma myself, so they aren't great quality. (and I had to use fan art for Puma)

Personally, I feel like the third party cuts are quite excessive (especially since Bartz doesn't seem to have much of a demand, Phoenix Wright over Ryu for a second Capcom character is unusual, and it seems pointless to have a Smash Ballot and then cut the winner), but I like the new Nintendo series that you added. Not familiar with Captain Rainbow, and Inklings are a given, but it's great that you included Isaac and Alexandra Roivas, along with a character from the NES Pro Wrestling.

Not sure what Ninten would bring to the table (I feel like a villain, like Mother 1 Giygas, Porky, or Masked Man would have more to offer), but otherwise, it seems like a solid list.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Just curious: Why do you hate Great Puma so much? Don't like Pro Wrestling or would rather see Starman/Amazon etc? (Also, I don't recall adding a character named ''Growth'' but that might be a auto-corrected Meowth)

Thanks for the feedback!
Just hos design, I think he looks awful lol. It really bothers me for some reason. I don't really like Pro Wrestling.

It was definitely an autocorrected Meowth lol.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
[]
Here you go!

Admittedly, I had to make the icons for Bartz and Great Puma myself, so they aren't great quality. (and I had to use fan art for Puma)

Personally, I feel like the third party cuts are quite excessive (especially since Bartz doesn't seem to have much of a demand, Phoenix Wright over Ryu for a second Capcom character is unusual, and it seems pointless to have a Smash Ballot and then cut the winner), but I like the new Nintendo series that you added. Not familiar with Captain Rainbow, and Inklings are a given, but it's great that you included Isaac and Alexandra Roivas, along with a character from the NES Pro Wrestling.

Not sure what Ninten would bring to the table (I feel like a villain, like Mother 1 Giygas, Porky, or Masked Man would have more to offer), but otherwise, it seems like a solid list.
Thank you! I love it.

Keep in mind, I don't think they'l actually cut Bayo Cloud and Ryu,it was just an ideal roster and I personally like Bartz/Phoenix more than Cloud/Ryu. Bayo really only got cut because I was stopping at 80 and was adding several third parties.

I guess Porky would be more unique than Ninten, but Ninten is the one main Mother character not yet playable, and he DOES have some original moves like 4th-D Slip for example.

I'm glad you like most of my picks though! How do you feel about Earthworm Jim and Simon? You mentioned my other third party newcomers but not them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm glad you like most of my picks though! How do you feel about Earthworm Jim and Simon? You mentioned my other third party newcomers but not them.
I have no strong feelings one way or the other about Simon. I tried getting into Castlevania several times (Castlevania 1, Super Castlevania 4, and Symphony of the Night), but every single time, I found it frustrating, so I guess it's not the series for me. As far as Konami characters, I'd prefer Snake or Bomberman, but Simon makes a lot of sense - I just don't have the attachment to the series that so many people have.

I would love to see Earthworm Jim, though. It's a shame that nothing came of the series since the HD remaster, and he seems like he'd be a lot of fun. Plus, he has been referenced in a Donkey Kong Country game, so he's got that going for him!

One thing that I forgot to mention is that I like how you added a decent amount of villains, or at least antagonists. I find it odd that we're four games into the series and there's only three playable characters who are consistently villainous. (Four if you stretch that to include Mewtwo)

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
I have no strong feelings one way or the other about Simon. I tried getting into Castlevania several times (Castlevania 1, Super Castlevania 4, and Symphony of the Night), but every single time, I found it frustrating, so I guess it's not the series for me. As far as Konami characters, I'd prefer Snake or Bomberman, but Simon makes a lot of sense - I just don't have the attachment to the series that so many people have.

I would love to see Earthworm Jim, though. It's a shame that nothing came of the series since the HD remaster, and he seems like he'd be a lot of fun. Plus, he has been referenced in a Donkey Kong Country game, so he's got that going for him!

One thing that I forgot to mention is that I like how you added a decent amount of villains, or at least antagonists. I find it odd that we're four games into the series and there's only three playable characters who are consistently villainous. (Four if you stretch that to include Mewtwo)
Adding villains was something I wanted to do, I always thought they got the shaft. I have hard time counting Mewtwo, the only evil thing he ever did was be really hard to catch.

I considered Bomberman for the Konami character, but decided on Belmont because he has THAT, MUST-PLAY game on Nintendo (Castlevania) while Bomber, while he has many beloved games, doesn't really have that super-classic going for him.

Thank you again for the roster pic!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

MARIO SERIES:

YOSHI SERIES:

WARIO SERIES:

DONKEY KONG SERIES:

LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES:

POKEMON SERIES:

KIRBY SERIES:

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES:

STAR FOX SERIES:

PUNCH OUT SERIES:

METROID SERIES:

F ZERO SERIES:

KID ICARUS SERIES:

RETRO CHARACTERS:

MOTHER:

OTHER NINTENDO SERIES:

THIRD PARTIES:

Adds back Pichu... Doesn't add back Squirtle and Ivysaur.

All of my sighs.

I don't really love the third party adds either to be honest, and if we're cutting third parties that aren't really Nintendo-y I'd also cut Pac Man.

Other than those things I like yours

Arthur97

Smash Master
I think the Lucina cuts may be premature. She has proven to be a popular character out of Smash and is gaining support in Smash. though I hope she get's decloned, but her sudden rise in the meta may hinder that since some people have taken to her consistent hitboxes. As for Doc, he's been in two games and requires minimal effort to implement so I can definitely see him returning.

When talking third parties, Cloud and Ryu seem like the most likely candidates. Unless Square starts giving up some more FF games on Nintendo systems he should probably be removed. As much as I want Bayonetta gone personally, I kind of doubt she will leave if not because of the ballot, then because of how chummy Nintendo and Sega have been as of late.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
When it comes to clones, I'm surprised the usual idea immediately jumps to cutting them. Why not de-clone them instead? We've seen this slowly happen over time for numerous characters, so why does cutting characters always seem to be the immediate suggestion? And even if they remain as clones, there are still a lot of people that enjoy these characters. Plus when it comes down to time constraints, they're more likely to return as last minute bonus clones anyway.

As for third parties, it's my hope that we retain everyone we've gotten so far.

I guess in my case, there isn't a single character on the roster that I dislike or feel shouldn't be there, but that's just me.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
When it comes to clones, I'm surprised the usual idea immediately jumps to cutting them. Why not de-clone them instead? We've seen this slowly happen over time for numerous characters, so why does cutting characters always seem to be the immediate suggestion? And even if they remain as clones, there are still a lot of people that enjoy these characters. Plus when it comes down to time constraints, they're more likely to return as last minute bonus clones anyway.

As for third parties, it's my hope that we retain everyone we've gotten so far.

I guess in my case, there isn't a single character on the roster that I dislike or feel shouldn't be there, but that's just me.
Honest answer is because people don't like them.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Guess I'm the odd one out. I actually prefer Lucina to Marth, Dark Pit to Pit (if only because I find him less annoying and like his side special's angle better), and I actually like using Doc even if he is a technically inferior Mario (not to mention just Mario again).

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I get that, I just don't see it as a good reason to cut someone.

I have a great dislike for Yo-kai Watch for example, but I think there's some merit in their inclusion. So if someone from Yo-Kai Watch got in, I wouldn't be in favor of cutting them just because I dislike them personally. That's just my two cents really.

I see no issue with people disliking characters, I've just never gotten the the whole "I don't like this, therefore, you can't have it either" mentality. Idk, like I said, I get it, I just disagree with it is all.

Guess I'm the odd one out. I actually prefer Lucina to Marth, Dark Pit to Pit (if only because I find him less annoying and like his side special's angle better), and I actually like using Doc even if he is a technically inferior Mario (not to mention just Mario again).
This is pretty much the same with me as well. I prefer Ganon, Doc, DP, Lucina, and Falco over their originals.
Falcon remains one of my most played characters though since he's really fun to play imo. I only use Mario when I want access to FLUDD and Pit when I want to use his pink alt. :p

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
CUTS:
1. Roy (possibility of adding in later)
2. Lucas (possibility of adding in later)
3. Mii Class Fighters (reworked into a fully customizable Mii)

Returning Cut Character: Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
1. Dixie Kong
2. King K. Rool
3. Toad
4. Decidueye
5. Mach Rider
6. New Fire Emblem character
7. New Xenoblade character
8. Inklings
9. Andross with a body
10. ARMS character (Spring Man and Ribbon Girl costumes of each other)
11. Takamaru
12. Ridley (smaller playable version than Boss or stage hazard)
13. Waluigi
14. Scorpion
15. Bomberman

The Zelda characters (Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda) reworked more than other veterans.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I get that, I just don't see it as a good reason to cut someone.

I have a great dislike for Yo-kai Watch for example, but I think there's some merit in their inclusion. So if someone from Yo-Kai Watch got in, I wouldn't be in favor of cutting them just because I dislike them personally. That's just my two cents really.

I see no issue with people disliking characters, I've just never gotten the the whole "I don't like this, therefore, you can't have it either mentality." Idk, like I said, I get it, I just disagree with it is all.

This is pretty much the same with me as well. I prefer Ganon, Doc, DP, Lucina, and Falco over their originals.
Falcon remains one of my most played characters though since he's really fun to play imo. I only use Mario when I want access to FLUDD and Pit when I want to use his pink alt. :p
This is a position a lot of people share with you, but I don't see it the same way at all, personally.

For me, if there's a clone I like (as a character first), I figure out what elements draw me to the character (gameplay wise) hope for those to stay, and the rest to change. Like Falco for example, I enjoy his lasers, high jump, his old Melee Shine, and old dair. I'd love to see those return, and the rest to change, departing him further from his clone status, to where he's no longer part of that discussion.

For characters I don't care about, like Toon Link, I wouldn't put the effort forth, because I don't care about the character anyway.

But that just goes into how I ideally look into Smash Bros. I don't think everything about these past games have been perfect, including the roster, and if I were to somehow have influence in how the next one turned out, I don't feel like bringing things back that I disagreed with in the first place is the way to go.

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
CUTS:
1. Roy (possibility of adding in later)
2. Lucas (possibility of adding in later)
3. Mii Class Fighters (reworked into a fully customizable Mii)

Returning Cut Character: Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
1. Dixie Kong
2. King K. Rool
3. Toad
4. Decidueye
5. Mach Rider
6. New Fire Emblem character
7. New Xenoblade character
8. Inklings
9. Andross with a body
10. ARMS character (Spring Man and Ribbon Girl costumes of each other)
11. Takamaru
12. Ridley (smaller playable version than Boss or stage hazard)
13. Waluigi
14. Scorpion
15. Bomberman

The Zelda characters (Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda) reworked more than other veterans.
I'm a fan of all these choices except Andross with a body. While would you pass on Wolf and then add in a character who has to be DRASTICALLY changed to even work?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Here's my prediction for the next game (not for the possible port.) It's extremely basic/safe I know, but it's supposed to be a prediction after all. :p

Prediction Roster.png

-71 characters total with 10 newcomers and 3 returning veterans for a total of 13 additional characters

-The 2 blank newcomer spots are for another new IP, a smaller series like Rhythm Heaven or the possible comeback of a dormant one like Golden Sun, Advance Wars, etc.

-Not holding out my hopes, but I put Snake back in just in case something can be worked out with Konami once they start paying more attention to their games again.

-Tecmo Koei has a great relationship with Nintendo and their Ninja Gaiden series is a classic from the NES days, so from them I added Ryu Hayabusa.

-The first party veterans and newcomers are otherwise pretty self explanatory.

-Expecting no cuts is unrealistic of course, so that's already a bit off, but I decided to leave everyone in for now.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
This is a position a lot of people share with you, but I don't see it the same way at all, personally.

For me, if there's a clone I like (as a character first), I figure out what elements draw me to the character (gameplay wise) hope for those to stay, and the rest to change. Like Falco for example, I enjoy his lasers, high jump, his old Melee Shine, and old dair. I'd love to see those return, and the rest to change, departing him further from his clone status, to where he's no longer part of that discussion.

For characters I don't care about, like Toon Link, I wouldn't put the effort forth, because I don't care about the character anyway.

But that just goes into how I ideally look into Smash Bros. I don't think everything about these past games have been perfect, including the roster, and if I were to somehow have influence in how the next one turned out, I don't feel like bringing things back that I disagreed with in the first place is the way to go.
I actually like his new reflector (though I don't care for the shine slang) in addition to feeling unique, I kind of like it's fast start up and long range (for a reflector) even if it does have issues.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I actually like his new reflector (though I don't care for the shine slang) in addition to feeling unique, I kind of like it's fast start up and long range (for a reflector) even if it does have issues.
I felt similarly at first, but changed my opinion on it over time. Watching competitive Melee taught me what his old shine could do, and it's just way too much fun not to want back. Honestly, it doesn't even have to be the reflector that does it, but I really want to be able to do this pillar combos again.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'm a fan of all these choices except Andross with a body. While would you pass on Wolf and then add in a character who has to be DRASTICALLY changed to even work?
1. We had Wolf. He is playable in Brawl.
2. Star Fox could benefit from having a more diverse roster. So far, all characters have been based on Fox's moveset to some degree.
3. Andross is a memorable boss. He can be worked into a playable character easy. Just have him equipped with large metallic jet-propelled gloves.
4. He adds a mad scientist/ sci-fi villain element to the roster.
5. Personally, I have been fighting for Andross with a body since the pre-Brawl days.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
1. We had Wolf. He is playable in Brawl.
2. Star Fox could benefit from having a more diverse roster. So far, all characters have been based on Fox's moveset to some degree.
3. Andross is a memorable boss. He can be worked into a playable character easy. Just have him equipped with large metallic jet-propelled gloves.
4. He adds a mad scientist/ sci-fi villain element to the roster.
5. Personally, I have been fighting for Andross with a body since the pre-Brawl days.
>Insert "why not both?"<

I think Wolf should back, but having him doesn't mean we can't add another Star Fox character. If Miyamoto delivers on his claim to try and work more on bringing Star Fox back to the forefront, then I think an additional two reps, one being the the returning Wolf and the other being a proper newcomer like Andross should be fine.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
>Insert "why not both?"<

I think Wolf should back, but having him doesn't mean we can't add another Star Fox character. If Miyamoto delivers on his claim to try and work more on bringing Star Fox back to the forefront, then I think an additional two reps, one being the the returning Wolf and the other being a proper newcomer like Andross should be fine.
My roster is a mix of speculation and personal choice. I do not think Star Fox is going to get two more characters. Maybe not even one. There is more love for Wolf, but I believe Andross offers a Smash Director more creative license which can be appealing. I might have too many new characters on my list as it is, with Ridley and Andross being long shots. Yet my heart yearns for them even so.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
My last one was what I'd like to see for Smash 5. This is more of what I expect to see.

Some of those are probably still unlikely but I tried to reason things out as Sakurai.

Few notes:

Didn't cut anyone, only brought one old character back (Much to my own sadness).
The five in the bottom right with the red border are DLC characters.
Celica is a placeholder for as-yet-unnamed FE Switch character.
Imagine that I added Ray Man to this. Once it got all symmetrical I couldn't bare to ruin it with the one more character. Also I forgot. He should be between Bayonnaise and Tingle as a default character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom