• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E4J: Champion - Featuring Mew2king - SAN DIEGO!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
We will be running both Melee and Brawl at this event. Melee and Brawl times/Tournament/Entry Fee's are identical.

This is it - the moment has come. Many emerged victorious, and every past tournament has built up to this day. Who will emerge as the Johto Champion?

Genesis is exactly one week after this, so this will be your chance to push your game into motion.

IF YOU'RE TRAVELING FOR GENESIS:
This tournament is only one week before Genesis. For those traveling out of state, i can most likely house your or get you housing while you're in California.

WE WILL BE DOING POOLS at this event so everyone gets a chance to play a good amount!

Those who do not make it out of pools will have the option of entering an Amateur bracket $3. The top 3 in Amateur will earn pot money. One must enter Pools in order to enter amateur bracket.

TIMES

10:00 A.M. - Venue opens for warmups/friendly matches
10:30 -A.M. - Signups for DOUBLES AND SINGLES BEGINS
11:00 A.M. - SINGLES and DOUBLES Doubles sign ups end!
11:30 A.M. - Tournament Begins

373 3rd Ave
Chula Vista, CA

Prices

Singles Entry Fee: $10
Doubles Entry Fee: $7.00 Per Player
Amateur Bracket (for those who do not make it out of pools) - $3
Venue Fee: $5.00
Spectator Fee: $3
Late Registration Fee: +$2
^ i'm closing sign up's right at 11. If you have not payed your entry fee by that time then you will be charged an extra $2 for registering late. This is due to consistent groups of players that come late to every event.

NEW PLAYERS RECEIVE $3 OFF OF THEIR ENTRY FEE

Pro Bracket Payout

1st: 50% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
7th: 2% of pot

Doubles Payouts

1st - 58% of pot
2nd - 28% of pot
3rd - 9% of pot
4th - 5% of pot
*If less than 20 teams enter, payout will be top 3*

**Venue Fee is waived if you bring a full setup and we use it.**
Consoles - $2
TV's - $2 Off
Both - $5 Off

Check out the link below for more information on the Elite Four Series.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=102942

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Hyyyyyyyyypppppppppppeeeeeeeee! :) Thanks Mike! Will this be a giant 1-day tourney, or two? And will melee and brawl be run at the same time?

also yay amateur bracket! ^_^

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
Hypeeeee why would anyone not come to this before practicing for genesis?

We got Dehf, tyrant, mikehaze, havok, tearbear, richbrown, vinnie, m2k, and a couple secret OOS guests coming down for this!

Bring the hype in here *****s!!! :reverse:

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to come. Is there any specific place where this is being held in SD, because it's the only tourney I can potentially go to.

But I'm a noob at all this terminology, sorry. Could someone please explain this in a way a noob could understand it, or should I go off and mind my own business? Like pools, amateur brackets, etc? Thanks.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'd love to come. Is there any specific place where this is being held in SD, because it's the only tourney I can potentially go to.

But I'm a noob at all this terminology, sorry. Could someone please explain this in a way a noob could understand it, or should I go off and mind my own business? Like pools, amateur brackets, etc? Thanks.

Pools, or round robin, means we make groups of about fiveish players, and have each player from the group play each other in a best of 3 set. The top three players with the highest overall scores proceed to the "Pro Bracket."

The Pro Bracket is only for those who advance from pools.

The Amateur Bracket is offered (for an additional $3) for players who don't make it out of Pools. It runs the same as a normal, double elimination bracket (meaning you have to lose twice before being eliminated).

The Location, time, and pretty much everything you need to know is located in the first post.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
Pools, or round robin, means we make groups of about fiveish players, and have each player from the group play each other in a best of 3 set. The top three players with the highest overall scores proceed to the "Pro Bracket."

The Pro Bracket is only for those who advance from pools.

The Amateur Bracket is offered (for an additional $3) for players who don't make it out of Pools. It runs the same as a normal, double elimination bracket (meaning you have to lose twice before being eliminated).

The Location, time, and pretty much everything you need to know is located in the first post.
So, the top three players from every group proceed to the pro bracket? So where does the money in the pot come from, the entry fees?

Thanks for clearing things up, though. I'm considering coming.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
So, the top three players from every group proceed to the pro bracket? So where does the money in the pot come from, the entry fees?

Thanks for clearing things up, though. I'm considering coming.

It will most likely be top 3 that make it out of pools.

Yeah. Each event's entry fee is broken up into percentages, and distributed to whatever placement you get.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
THIS NEEDS MOAR MELEE HYPE!!!!!

skgjdsivwbjoianrbljkarhgpoiwgjwroabmrwkljbnwrouIGOJQonr fqrwpoboiebnkwmlkfqopifbhjaerngorsuyei

:)

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
Might be comin' to this for the best of both Melee AND Brawl! Haven't been to many tournaments yet for a number of reasons, but Summer's as good a time as any to step it up and get recognized in the hottest Smash region in the world! :)

HOP ON BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, ERRYBODY
CHOO-CHOO FUTHAMUCKA :bee:

EDIT: @Havok I want a rematch for Winter Game Fest haha, you might not remember me but I was that yellow Kirby from Pools! Those were some close games, and I'd like to believe I've improved bigtime since then, but I'll let you be the judge of that! ;) $5 best-of-3 MM at E4J (if I end up goin', of course)? Whaddaya say? :bee:

Sketal

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna attend this I think. Gonna be my first big tourney. Stoked. I can bring a Wii, too fwiw. See ya there!

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
Sweet, lookin' forward to it! :)

And will do! I'm a pretty big fan of the ol' Scribble. It's a big step in the right direction for the whole Smash community! :)

EDIT:

I'm gonna attend this I think. Gonna be my first big tourney. Stoked. I can bring a Wii, too fwiw. See ya there!
Awesome! Trust me, you'll be glad ya did. :bee:

I can bring a Wii, as well (provided I can go :p)! We'll have plenty of set-ups for this, no sweat! :)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Jason I have like 8 controllers, you can sift through them till you find one that works for you.

Michael, I'm down from some SD OG teams action if you're in.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So I was 100% confirmed for this...but I might have a date. :p

:phone:

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
@baka, no. I'd rather not travel an hour+ to an event I probably won't have fun at.

Top Bottom