• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - Day 3 Stream is here!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Come one come all to the official discussion thread for the 2019 E3 Nintendo Direct! We're consolidating discussion here to prevent spillover into various threads. Please keep all discussion about the presentation here as opposed to anywhere else. Some time after the presentation is over, we'll be locking this thread after which discussion is likely to end up in various threads.

WHERE for Day 1

Youtube stream link
Twitch stream link

HOW LONG

Approximately 40 minutes

WHEN

Tuesday June 11th, 9 AM PDT, 12 AM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbGYfoVxb3E
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo
Here are the links for Day 2. It's, like before, 9AM PDT, 12 AM EDT

Some reminders:
All Smashboards Global Rules apply.
Be nice to each other! People liking what you don't like, or not liking what you do like, is not a valid reason to flame each other! We're all here because we love Smash and video games; let's act like it.
Please try to cut down on embedded media, reaction images, and the like. When posting these, put them in spoiler tags out of consideration for mobile users.
If you're posting about a leak, please put it in a spoiler tag! Some folks like to be surprised.
If you see someone being a big ol' jerk to someone else, hit the lovely report button at the bottom left of their post and the moderation will take care of it. :D

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Reveal the entire fighter's pass so we can all move on.

Otherwise not expecting much. They say a focus on 2019 games, I say very little surprises will happen.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've been so focused on Smash I've forgotten to speculate about what else may be in the Direct.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just want more on Town. I want something from that company that isn't Pokemon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just need more Three Houses info.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I just hope more content from DQXI S, Luigi's Mansion 3, more character reveals for MUA3 and hopefully Retro's project.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Yeah something tells me I'm not gonna be able to wake up before noon so I probably won't give a **** if I get spoiled on the next character (even though I haven't played a Banjo game, I kinda hope he gets in because Banjo has been requested for who knows how long that it would suck for him not to be in)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't believe it's only been a year since last E3. Somehow feels like so long ago when our collective minds were all blown by this trailer. Let's take a few moments to reminisce.
Watching it blind for the first time, it felt like the gift that kept on giving. Sakurai's phrasing before it started made it sound like it would only show off a few veterans. I don't think any of us were prepared for the confirmation bomb that was dropped on us.

The trailer starts off safe. Mostly characters who were pretty much guaranteed to return. Mario, Kirby, Link, ect. Then Sonic and Mewtwo came along, which was a bit of a relief for their fans. Then came along the wildly speculated Ice Climbers, which while most of us agreed they would be returning it was still exciting to see.

Then things start to get wild when Squirtle and Ivysaur appear, immediately by the return of Pokemon Trainer. We had all thought that transformation characters were a thing of the past, so seeing Squirtle and Ivysaur return with Charizard as a package was crazy to see. Some Charizard loyalists were a bit upset by this but I was hyped beyond belief.

Then came along Ryu and Cloud. Cloud in particular was widely speculated to get cut because of Square Enix's somewhat stingy reputation, but somehow he still made it.

Then Snake appeared and...well we all know how it went from there. "Everyone Is Here" is still a phrase that our fandom holds onto. And immediately after Snake, they went and showed us Pichu, just to make it clear that when they said everyone, they meant everyone.

Then the trailer ends and they laughed at everyone for forgetting about Luigi and Yoshi.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't believe it's only been a year since last E3. Somehow feels like so long ago when our collective minds were all blown by this trailer. Let's take a few moments to reminisce.
Watching it blind for the first time, it felt like the gift that kept on giving. Sakurai's phrasing before it started made it sound like it would only show off a few veterans. I don't think any of us were prepared for the confirmation bomb that was dropped on us.

The trailer starts off safe. Mostly characters who were pretty much guaranteed to return. Mario, Kirby, Link, ect. Then Sonic and Mewtwo came along, which was a bit of a relief for their fans. Then came along the wildly speculated Ice Climbers, which while most of us agreed they would be returning it was still exciting to see.

Then things start to get wild when Squirtle and Ivysaur appear, immediately by the return of Pokemon Trainer. We had all thought that transformation characters were a thing of the past, so seeing Squirtle and Ivysaur return with Charizard as a package was crazy to see. Some Charizard loyalists were a bit upset by this but I was hyped beyond belief.

Then came along Ryu and Cloud. Cloud in particular was widely speculated to get cut because of Square Enix's somewhat stingy reputation, but somehow he still made it.

Then Snake appeared and...well we all know how it went from there. "Everyone Is Here" is still a phrase that our fandom holds onto. And immediately after Snake, they went and showed us Pichu, just to make it clear that when they said everyone, they meant everyone.

Then the trailer ends and they laughed at everyone for forgetting about Luigi and Yoshi.
I remember seeing Ryu and Cloud and getting super excited for just revealing characters we thought beforehand we'd have to wait and see. Then thinking we had a real wham moment when Snake showed up.

Then that phrase came on screen. I actually got teary eyed. Sakurai the madman did the impossible.

Seeing the gameplay showcase that followed, how awesome the game looked.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any better, a newcomer trailer starts.

I knew in an instant it was Ridley but seeing him on screen and his gameplay trailer. Holy crap.

The whole thing was like everything I'd only ever damned dream to happen in Smash came true.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm excited for more Astral Chain information and Luigi's Mansion 2 info. Hoping I get spoilt and Captain Toad; Treasure Tracker 2 gets announced or we get some new Mario Kart announcement.

Don't feel like I really have a horse in the Smash newcomer race though it'd be pretty neat to see either Banjo or Steve get revealed.

I just want more on Town. I want something from that company that isn't Pokemon.
I forgot all about Town. Hope Gamefreak didn't.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I will cry tears of joy if Pikmin 4 gets announced

Not expecting it, but I'll never let the dream die

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Pichu really blew my mind, I still had my hands up in the air from Snake's reveal, and they just fell onto my head when Pichu showed up. I had already made my mind up so many years ago that he was never ever going to come back, I didn't even consider him a possibility anymore, even with the Everyone Is Here slogan I didn't think they also meant ****ing Pichu, it was glorious.

That whole Smash presentation was just pure magic, it was a scenario that was too good to be true, except it was happening right before our eyes, I don't think they're ever topping that one.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Pretty excited for today. The bosses are gonna be walking around at work today, which sucks because it means no phones or books, but I took an extra half hour off so I can catch the direct in it's entirety. More Astral Chain news would be really nice, maybe a surprise port (NieR Automata please...) and some info on cool games. Also Wave Race 4 and Style Savvy Switch c'mon Nintendo.

As for the Challenger pack, I don't mind who we get. I know the rumors are swirling and they're all cool by me, but I kinda hope we get someone completely ridiculous too. At the rate this E3 is going we're getting The Terminator.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I remember seeing Ryu and Cloud and getting super excited for just revealing characters we thought beforehand we'd have to wait and see. Then thinking we had a real wham moment when Snake showed up.

Then that phrase came on screen. I actually got teary eyed. Sakurai the madman did the impossible.

Seeing the gameplay showcase that followed, how awesome the game looked.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any better, a newcomer trailer starts.

I knew in an instant it was Ridley but seeing him on screen and his gameplay trailer. Holy crap.

The whole thing was like everything I'd only ever damned dream to happen in Smash came true.
Can you believe that the direct made Ridley of all things the hottest topic of that E3, if only for a moment?

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
I'm curious what'll come of this year's E3. Last year I don't think anybody would've guessed that half of the direct would be dedicated to Smash, and while it was great for Smash fans, everyone else was left sorta high and dry. I'm still optimistic though, I expect we'll see some great stuff this year from games we already know of, games we don't know of yet, should be a real hoot. As far as Smash goes, I personally expect a new character reveal to either start the Direct or end it, or possibly both, if we somehow get two characters revealed. Maybe start with a character reveal, end with an Echo or Echo Fighter Pass reveal?

I think we all know what to expect, but I'm personally holding out for a new, proper, back-to-roots Paper Mario. I'm 99% sure it's not going to happen, but Nintendo's thrown plenty of curveballs and left-fielders in their time. It's not an impossibility. As far as a more reasonable hope as far as surprises, I'm hoping for either a new Kirby game (that drops the multiplayer for a better, fleshed-out console Kirby experience, 2D or 3D), or Super Mario Odyssey 2 (something akin to how SMG2 was to the original SMG, using the same engine and ramping things up).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Banjo or Steve seems highly possible. With the other being a Mii costume.

Maybe Luminary or Slime as well. Luminary sounds very likely to me. Though it's coincidental timing with the DQXI Definitive Edition trailer from yesterday, but hey, hindsight is funny.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Saw Sword and Shield will be in the Direct. Hope there's not too much overlap of what was shown in the Pokemon Direct. Same goes for any third party stuff. Please just give new information.

Anyway, I guess we might get No More Heroes 3 here unless Suda's saving that to reveal himself.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
This might sound a little ridiculous coming from someone on this website but Smash is actually one of the things I'm least excited for. We know that we're going to get a new character, stage, music, etc. The only question is what series said content is coming from and who the character is. I'm more excited for the complete surprises that are in store for us.

Also I'm not going to straight up say Animal Crossing probably won't be there but I do think some signs are starting to point toward that. If Animal Crossing is indeed a no show then many people are probably going to be livid about that. Thankfully I don't care about Animal Crossing myself.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I do hope it's not like Ubisoft's show where they talked about games for 15 minutes at a time without saying anything.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I do hope it's not like Ubisoft's show where they talked about games for 15 minutes at a time without saying anything.
The past two years have been fairly well quick fire, as have their general directs. I'd honeslty be surprised if we got any periods of not much happening this E3 direct.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
This is why Nintendo stopped doing press conferences for the past couple years and I'd say it's worked out really well for them save for the 2015 disaster. That presentation just brings up many bad thoughts in general due to Iwata and several other things.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Another thing is they have the Treehouse streams.

Good opportunity to go in depth for stuff there.

I know they still had 25 minutes of Smash in the main presentation last year but nothing's been announced as the Direct's focus this year.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
This is why Nintendo stopped doing press conferences for the past couple years and I'd say it's worked out really well for them save for the 2015 disaster. That presentation just brings up many bad thoughts in general due to Iwata and several other things.
To be fair, at least we got the memetic puppet segment at the beginning. But yeah, that was a pretty bad year besides that, Iwata's passing certainly not helping fans' hope for the company's future.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also I'm not going to straight up say Animal Crossing probably won't be there but I do think some signs are starting to point toward that. If Animal Crossing is indeed a no show then many people are probably going to be livid about that.
please dont do this to me..Im already panicking enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom