• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
The one and only thing I'm on the lookout for is this supposed Megaman Battle Network revival. Smash is just gonna be Edrick so I won't miss anything if I skip it.
I'm really excited for that, I loved some of the crazy ideas that series tried and I've always felt they were ahead of it's time. Hopefully it turns out to be real.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
The one and only thing I'm on the lookout for is this supposed Megaman Battle Network revival.
This is the first I've heard, but if there's any truth to that, I would absolutely love a (good) return to the series. BN3 is among my all-time favorite video games, period. I haven't played past that but I hear 4 and on messed with some things that maybe they shouldn't have (and the smaller sprites look weird, but maybe I'll get used to that when I do play it).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Microsoft's show will be in in 6 hours.

Wonder if there's be any Rarities of announcements there.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I thought now might be the time to make some predictions for Nintendo

I’ll start with the guarantees

1) Luigi’s Mansion 3 will be shown. Obviously more information will be shown but if I were to guess two features I’d say the return of the heavily requested Portrait Ghosts and probably an all new multiplayer mode. I also feel that the graphics will change in some ways, maybe be a bit darker.

2) Pokemon Sword and Shield will also be shown. The games will be mentioned, but I doubt anything besides one new detail will be revealed as the Pokemon Company doesn’t like to be a part of Nintendo’s presentations.

3) Super Mario Maker 2 - At best we get a new game style like the heavily speculated Super Mario Bros. 2, but I honestly won’t get my hopes up for anything.

4) Fire Emblem Three Houses - Same as Mario Maker, I feel a mention will be thrown out with maybe one new detail at best.

5) Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - It’ll get a mention with a potential new character reveal for the roster. If I had to guess, I’d say War Machine, Quick Silver, Valkyrie, Loki or Winter Soldier have the highest chance along with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage as those are the only MCU characters not revealed. They could also have popular joke character Howard the Duck, or maybe another X-Men like Jean Grey.

6) Smash DLC - Microsoft character or Erdrick, maybe both. I could also see a new mode get added in the next update with the DLC character.

90% Sure to be there
7) Animal Crossing - We have a very high chance of getting a full on reveal of what the new AC looks like. I am only skeptical due to the lack of it on the schedule and delay rumors, but I feel AC will be shown with an expanded list of things you can do as mayor of the town.

Potential New Reveals
8) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 - I have a major gut feeling that DKC will come back this year and that K Rool in Smash and the rerelease of DKCTF was just getting us ready. Retro has obviously been working on something, so maybe the finale to their DK series would be the game. If this does come true, I feel K Rool will once again return as the antagonist with his Kremlin crew. Another returning character could be a 4th Kong partner who I feel will be Tiny Kong, given the fact that along with the already established Retro Kongs and K Rool, she took a long time to die out in DK’s decline.

9) Fire Emblem Warriors 2 - Koei Techmo released a new Zelda Warriors game within two years and is all around pretty consistent about releasing these crossovers, so I expect a sequel to FEW about now. I think the game will star the casts of the Radiant series along with Binding and Blazing Blade (Roy and Ike were mentioned for a sequel during the last title). I could also see Shadows of Valentia appearing as a title due to Celica’s involvement in the last game.

10) Mario + Rabbids 2 - I have a feeling that this series will get a sequel announced this year as the Ubisoft Team has shown the ability to build a game quick. My guess is that the new title will bring back all the characters from the previous game and maybe even bring in Rabbid Kong as a new playable character as he did make amends with the group. I fully expect a few new characters in the form of the Wario Bros., Daisy and Rosalina (Plus Rabbid counterparts).

11) Witcher 3 Port - Rumored, nuff said

12) Marvel vs Capcom 4 - Another rumor that’s been discussed on here already.

13) Doom Eternal - Maybe just a tease/ acknowledgement

14) Mario Sports - I feel that a new Mario sports game could come. Many are betting on Strikers, but since that development team is working on Luigi, I believe that maybe a new Golf or Sluggers may come first.

15) Kirby spin-off - It’s been rumored that Kirby may get a spin off. What it is is unknown, but people hope it’s Air Ride 2

16) Pikmin 4 - I love jokes

17) Bayonetta 3 - It could possibly be shown off, but it doesn’t seem ready yet.

18) Racing DLC, Both Team Sonic and Mario Kart - Mario Kart was said to have DLC last year and Team Sonic is bound to have some.

Personal wishes
As for games I’m hoping for

1) Mii Sports - I would love another casual Mii centered game, especially if it takes some cues from Go Vacation and has a big world to explore

2) Go Vacation 2 - I loved the first when it was ported to Switch, so I’d be nice to see a sequel.

3) Endless Ocean 3 - Ohh god, would I be happy if this small Wii series made a return, there just isn’t anything like the games of the Wii era anymore, and EO was a huge stand out with its under water movement and casual teaching of aquatic life.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
What I'm hoping for:

-Astral Chain
-Oninaki
-at least once Smash DLC reveal
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Animal Crossing
-some new surprise IP
-maybe a little more on Pokemon Sword and Shield, though I doubt this one since we just got a Direct

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

And Microsoft's show is in two hours. Let's see what they've got. They'll have a lot more 3rd parties without Sony there.

D

Deleted member

On that note, I'm really lost about something; if Activision and Beenox are planning on showing off more CTR stuff, will they do it on this conference or the Nintendo Direct?
I'm gonna make a bold claim and say CTR will get some sort of showcase during E3, but it won't be on any of the press conferences.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On that note, I'm really lost about something; if Activision and Beenox are planning on showing off more CTR stuff, will they do it on this conference or the Nintendo Direct?
I'd say unless they've got some big Nintendo exclusive curveball like Mario Circuit being an exclusive track, it'll either be at Microsoft's or it's own little thing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The official feed Microsoft linked to is something called Mixer but it should be on the IGN, Twitch and other major feeds if that's your preference.

https://mixer.com/xbox

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just made it back home from work in time to watch the Microsoft conference. Anyways, it will be under 48hrs until the next Smash fighter is unveiled in which I am highly anticipating.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We got a look at Battletoads but nothing Nintendo related.

Next chance to see something will likely be Ubisoft's show.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We got a look at Battletoads but nothing Nintendo related.

Next chance to see something will likely be Ubisoft's show.
Minecraft Dungeons just had the trailer put up by Nintendo.

Bethesda might have some Switch stuff. Actually, they will because Doom Eternal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Over 90 minutes worth of Microsoft related content, none of which featured any Banjo (which is a shame) and Nintendo related things (as it should) even with someone saying Miyamoto was there.

So much stuff was being announced it made me feel exhausted from watching the entire thing, but never did it felt like it was dragging out for too long to me. Microsoft really went all out this year, so other than possibly Nintendo, the other conferences aren't going to top Xbox for sure.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Minecraft Dungeons just had the trailer put up by Nintendo.

Bethesda might have some Switch stuff. Actually, they will because Doom Eternal.
Oh and Spiritfairer is coming to Switch too

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Way to the Woods looked great. Definitely my favorite from the XBox conference.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The day one YouTube page is now live for tomorrow.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Don't think I'll watch Ubisoft this year. They hardly ever have stuff that interests me.

Will check out Square Enix again. They've got to have something worth watching this year. Right?

And as usual, will watch Nintendo's.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't think I'll watch Ubisoft this year. They hardly ever have stuff that interests me.

Will check out Square Enix again. They've got to have something worth watching this year. Right?

And as usual, will watch Nintendo's.
The only downside is that SE's conference airs late on my end, though 9 o'clock isn't too bad. Still beats airing stuff in the morning while I'm at work.

For Ubi, I really just want to know if anything Rayman's being done, so I'll probably skip it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All that I expect at Ubisoft's show is an elaborate stage show for the next Just Dance, Some Division 2 stuff and Assassin's Creed.

I hope something Nintendo related makes a showing but no guarantees.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So no disrespect to Erdrick and Steve supporters but if the DLC character is one of those I just can't get excited for them given how much they've been talked about. Its dampered my excitement as Kencineroar did.

That said though I'll accept Banjo not being the DLC character if its a surprise character like Crash, Doom Slayer, Geno or even Phoenix Wright and if lucky even someone like Elma who'd be I'd be really excited for given she's one of my most current wants.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Interestingly, they didn't even wait for the SE conference to start before showing the release date for FF7R; 3rd March next year.

View attachment 226963
Square has often recycled their own news for their E3 presentations.

For example, when FFVIIR was first announced, they used the same trailer as the Sony conference.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So no disrespect to Erdrick and Steve supporters but if the DLC character is one of those I just can't get excited for them given how much they've been talked about. Its dampered my excitement as Kencineroar did.
I feel the same about Banjo-Kazooie. People are talking about them for so long that, they're not exciting for me in any way.

At least the talk around Erdrick and Steve is relatively new.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like I'll be missing Ubisoft's conference today due to having a doctor's appointment that I almost forgot about.

Oh well.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Would love it if Mario + Rabbids 2 appeared at the Ubisoft conference, but I remember the last one was surrounded by rumours and I haven't heard a peep about a sequel so not keeping my hopes up

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Would love it if Mario + Rabbids 2 appeared at the Ubisoft conference, but I remember the last one was surrounded by rumours and I haven't heard a peep about a sequel so not keeping my hopes up
Well Nintendo has deployed the Law Ninja in force this year so maybe that's why things are more quiet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also obligatory

Ubisoft's show is on in half an hour, let's see what they've got.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Personally, the only highlight of the Microsoft conference was an appearance by Keanu Reeves. I won't be able to stay up for the Avengers reveal trailer at the Square-Enix conference as I would be asleep by then.

Anyways, I'm both excited and nervous to see what Nintendo has in store for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom