• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I still think it'll be someone that won't be seen coming. Can't help but feel like it'll be Gematsu all over again.

Especially if Tansut's anywhere near it.
That's the question, Gematsu or THE BOX?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I personally hope one of the DLC fighters is Bandana Dee, but that's just a hope.

I do have what seems to be a logical guess though. Given the complete absence of Porky Minch from Smash Ultimate, I think he will be getting the DLC treatment, and if he isn't someone from Earthbound most certainly will be.

I mean he was important enough to be a freaking boss in Smash Brawl and had a trophy in Smash 4. Where the hell is he now? He's not even a spirit. He doesn't seem to be represented by any Earthbound alternate costumes. He's completely unrepresented as of the current state of this game.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Potential Smash DLC fighter reveals is probably the least exciting E3 thing to me as nobody I want stands much of a change anymore, but happy for the fans of whoever ends up getting revealed

Plus a single (or dual) character reveal IMO isn't as big as covering a whole game + release date, though I wouldn't being against learning bout some DLC for other Nintendo titles at E3

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Potential Smash DLC fighter reveals is probably the least exciting E3 thing to me as nobody I want stands much of a change anymore, but happy for the fans of whoever ends up getting revealed

Plus a single (or dual) character reveal IMO isn't as big as covering a whole game + release date, though I wouldn't being against learning bout some DLC for other Nintendo titles at E3
As a supporter of characters, charater reveals mean pretty much nothing to me anymore.

All my most wanted have been disconfirmed and in their place are other characters from the same companies that are far more popular and appeal to a wider audience.

However, as a Smash player, I'm excited to see the new gameplay options.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Still not throwing up my arms and giving up, I'm sure the next character to show up will pleasantly surprise people. Granted, I don't think about the game 100% of the time right now, so that helps.

Apart from that, don't raise your expectations too high for E3, not everyone may get what they want. Like me and a Super Mario 3D World port, sigh.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm going say an unpopular opinion and say the character(s) at E3 won't be from either Microsoft or Square Enix like everyone and their dogs are betting on.

Still believe it'll be hype worthy for many though.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I'm going say an unpopular opinion and say the character(s) at E3 won't be from either Microsoft or Square Enix like everyone and their dogs are betting on.

why would you say something so controversial yet so Brave

Maybe it could be another "1st party plus shock 3rd party" thing we had going with the Smash 4 DLC directs (though one of those was more so a ballot pick that happened to be a shock third party character). Ultimate's directs so far have happened to keep the 3rd party announcements to a minimum each (EVERYONE IS HERE for 1st, Simon and technically also Richter for 2nd and Ken for 3rd).

They'd probably want to space them out if this was the case but what if there were TWO mindblowing 3rd party picks at once?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
My DLC character reaction will range from pleasantly surprised to neutral because I don't get emotionally invested in fighting with other people on the internet over hypothetical video game inclusions.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One month to go.

We're already getting announcements with Square showing off FF7 Remake and Minecraft having something coming Friday so let's see how the hype period goes.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
My hopes regarding that scenario are a DQ Hero alongside a Microsoft rep.
I'd hate to get a Microsoft rep and it turns out to be Steve. Just my personal opinion, but I don't think he's worth the slot for Smash until maybe the next one. If I were to choose for now, Banjo deserves it absolutely more for me.

But then again, that's me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

May your assumptions ring true.

zcyxp.jpg

Anyway, gonna try to stay out of bla-bla land again, so see ya later.

Edit: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...er_2_nintendo_direct_airing_tomorrow_15th_may

Well, I guess we know what won't be featured at E3, so that leaves more wiggle room for other things.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'd highly anticipate that there will be at least some Smash news to be unveiled at E3 mainly to unveil the next DLC character. Other than that I am interested to hopefully get more information on Astral Chain along with other third party titles.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Going to have to delay showing my Nintendo E3 Bingo card here. We have a Super Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow and my Bingo card currently has a square about SMM2 that might need to be changed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Going to have to delay showing my Nintendo E3 Bingo card here. We have a Super Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow and my Bingo card currently has a square about SMM2 that might need to be changed.
Speaking of that, this means that the hidden video may be for the SMM2 direct and not a new Smash character. Looks like we're waiting for E3 for Smash news.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Speaking of Bingo Cards, SMM2 Bingo anybody?
Bingo.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's what I want to see, although a few are unlikely
Smash DLC
New Golden Sun Game
More Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion info
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New Advanced Wars Game
Kirby Air Ride 2
Mega Man X 9
New Paper Mario Game
Super Mario 3D World port
New 1080° Game

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Apart from that, don't raise your expectations too high for E3, not everyone may get what they want. Like me and a Super Mario 3D World port, sigh.
I think we'll get a SM 3D World port some point down the line: it'll sell well and is one of the few major Wii U titles that they are yet to port. I'm just not expecting it this year what with NSMBU DX and Mario Maker 2 - it might be a little bit of an overload of Mario platforming, so they're more likely to save it for a quieter period in the release schedule

I also think that despite the Mario Maker 2 direct today, we'll still be getting a brief mention of the game at the E3 direct: nothing massive, just a short reminder that the game comes out later in the month

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what the theme of the showfloor will be this time.

Animal Crossing seems most likely to me.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Things I want to see at E3

More Pokémon Sword and Shield Pokémon
More Mario showcase (Luigi's Mansion 3 and the upcoming Mario Kart)
New Animal Crossing Game
More Super Smash Bros characters (Rooting for Adeleine and Steve)
A new Godzilla Game

Amoung others

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Minecraft's got it's own Pokemon Go, Minecraft Earth.

At least there's a lot of pre-E3 stuff going around to keep things interesting

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Even though I know it is likely fake and there's only one character in it I'm fully interested in, I kinda want that google theory to be real just because I know it will piss off people on GameFAQs. Other than that, if we get Erdrick, they better not skimp out on DQ content because $6 (or, if you have the fighter's pass, 1/5 of the money you spent on said pass) for the most bare bones representation is not acceptable

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I fail to see the credibility of the Google Theory and the same goes for Erdrick.

I really hate how low my Smash DLC expectations are.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I fail to see the credibility of the Google Theory and the same goes for Erdrick.

I think Google theory is, if the mess that Youtube's monetization wasn't hint enough, that algorithms create a lot of noise and rubbish.

It's worth taking a look at, but I don't believe it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Google theory is, if the mess that Youtube's monetization wasn't hint enough, that algorithms create a lot of noise and rubbish.

It's worth taking a look at, but I don't believe it.
Basically as credible as the .json file rumor then. Even if some people still believe in it.

My view on this is, it's best ignore everything and just wait for 3 weeks or so. Had enough of rumor speculation. All I'm doing at this point is waiting for the band-aid to be ripped off already.

At least there's a chance that people will actually be pleased for once.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

Yeah, only credibility I know of for Erdrick is that the Japanese word for Brave is Yuusha (aka, Hero, the default name of the DQ protag) and Vergeben's claims that the rumored Square Enix DLC is a DQ character (either Erdrick, the Luminary, or the Slime) and even those have some problems

• Brave = Yuusha would only make sense if the Datamine used the Japanese word instead of the English word. Brave could mean just about anything since it's a vague enough name
  • Vergeben does not have a perfect track record (like when he said that the first DLC would be a Square rep) and I am still of the opinion that those Square Enix DLC rumors were the result of some leakers' sources jumping the gun at the mention of Smash DLC and coming to their own conclusions. Hell, for all we know, it could've just been SE trying to get Cloud as DLC again if those rumors of Cloud being the last character are anything to go by.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, only credibility I know of for Erdrick is that the Japanese word for Brave is Yuusha (aka, Hero, the default name of the DQ protag) and Vergeben's claims that the rumored Square Enix DLC is a DQ character (either Erdrick, the Luminary, or the Slime) and even those have some problems

• Brave = Yuusha would only make sense if the Datamine used the Japanese word instead of the English word. Brave could mean just about anything since it's a vague enough name
  • Vergeben does not have a perfect track record (like when he said that the first DLC would be a Square rep) and I am still of the opinion that those Square Enix DLC rumors were the result of some leakers' sources jumping the gun at the mention of Smash DLC and coming to their own conclusions. Hell, for all we know, it could've just been SE trying to get Cloud as DLC again if those rumors of Cloud being the last character are anything to go by.
Unfortunately, most people believe those theories and those that don't support Eddy have given up, so I'm waiting to see if they'll inevitably be disproven.

Also, there is still Tansut (who did incidentally leak Cloud last time) being the current most credible person saying that Erdrick is in. When he asked his source about it, he apparently didn't get a response. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I finally have my E3 Bingo card:
8F6923C8-934A-40F8-B7B1-5395B556E571.png

Let’s see which ones I get right.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Don't get your hopes too high, I can tell we will have zero Pikmins and F-ZERO this year, as well as Banjo. If you're right, I'm glad for you, but I don't think it's likely.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My annual Nintendo E3 Bingo card is now finished!

Wario Bros.'s Nintendo E3 2019 Bingo Sheet a.png

Now I pray we don't get anymore pre-E3 news that will mess this card up like the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct did.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Ignoring potential deconfirmations, who do you all think could be the biggest bombshell DLC newcomer announcement at E3?

I personally want Master Chief, and it would be great to see that alongside Halo Infinite, but some say he's deconfirmed, so I'm just crossing my fingers at this point.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ignoring potential deconfirmations, who do you all think could be the biggest bombshell DLC newcomer announcement at E3?

I personally want Master Chief, and it would be great to see that alongside Halo Infinite, but some say he's deconfirmed, so I'm just crossing my fingers at this point.
Crash Bandicoot definitely does come to mind tbh.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

A non-Minecraft Microsoft character (Nothing against Steve, just that he's been speculated hard for a while)
Crash Bandicoot.
A Nintendo character
Anyone owned by Sony
Anyone outside of Erdrick given how pervasive the rumors and spculations are.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Would people really be that surprised by Crash? I'm all for him, but I would think people would expect the third party platforming mascots by now, particularly one that's surging in popularity and is on Switch. He seems--dare I say--probable.

Now Undertale? People on both sides would EXPLODE if that happened.

D

Deleted member

Cooking Mama

She's the first and only character that comes off the top of my head that could completely destroy everyone's Smash predictions at E3 while also being a lovable addition to Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom