• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Another year, another trade show, this time without Sony and EA making a showing. Chances are high there'll be a Smash DLC characer announced but who it could be, we have no idea.

The show floor opens June 11th and if Tradition is followed, Nintendo will have a direct first thing that day.

Countdown link

Match 31st Edit: Nintendo E3 Website has gone live.

June 10th Edit: YouTube feed is now live and ready for June 11th.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm most excited about Microsoft's show. Sony's their more direct competitor, and with them taking the year off Microsoft is going to be trying hard to win over Sony fans before next gen. I expect them to blow it out of the water this year.

Nintendo, I'm also quite excited, but Nintendo shares things all year. Microsoft hasn't said a thing about the major unreleased games they showed off last year, and Phil Spencer clearly loves putting all his chips into a big E3 conference.

R O F L

Smash Ace
100 days already?
I'm excited for Nintendo's presentation, makes sense because the only consoles I own are Nintendo. It'll likely have Animal Crossing which I'm excited for.

In before no Pikmin 4. :|

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So what's everyone thinking will be the big showfloor game for Nintendo this year? 2016 was Breath of the Wild, 2017 was Odyssey, and 2018 was Ultimate (with some Let's Go as well). Do you think it'll just be Sword and Shield, or do you think they'll be running another big game alongside it?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Dang, just a little under a few months away, this is so exciting!

Still hoping for Super Mario 3D World, but it'll probably still keep being passed over.

So what's everyone thinking will be the big showfloor game for Nintendo this year? 2016 was Breath of the Wild, 2017 was Odyssey, and 2018 was Ultimate (with some Let's Go as well). Do you think it'll just be Sword and Shield, or do you think they'll be running another big game alongside it?
There might be a new DKC, it's been long enough and Metroid Prime 4 got delayed.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't think it'll be anything we know about yet.

Pokemon and Animal Crossing are surefire sellers, but I don't think either warrants a huge stage floor to show off. I suppose it could be Pokemon, letting you try the "armored evolution" in battle in the rumor's true, but, like... It's Pokemon. The joy doesn't come from wandering around a short demo with a premade team and beating up an easy trainer or two. Unless they have a huge new gameplay mechanic to show off, I think there'll be a totally different game they have yet to tell us about that'll take up the majority of their booth.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the showfloor game, if there's not a big new one will be Super Mario Maker 2, given it releases at the same time. (June 2019)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ayy, Guybrush good to see this years thread up and running.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I’m looking forward to Xbox’s show more than Nintendo’s. The only Switch titles that I’m excited for are Bayonetta 3, Link’s Awakening, and Astral Chain, along with potential Smash news. Xbox has a much bigger chance of blowing my mind since they’ll have twice the amount of games to reveal with Sony out of the picture, so this E3 might be the biggest in a long time. I can’t wait.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I’m looking forward to Xbox’s show more than Nintendo’s. The only Switch titles that I’m excited for are Bayonetta 3, Link’s Awakening, and Astral Chain, along with potential Smash news. Xbox has a much bigger chance of blowing my mind since they’ll have twice the amount of games to reveal with Sony out of the picture, so this E3 might be the biggest in a long time. I can’t wait.
They'll have to do a lot to make up for X018, which was dreadful in terms of exclusive reveals.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
This E3 for Nintendo should better than last year's, which rode too much on Ultimate (the focus was understandable, but it can't have been much fun for people not interested in Smash ... or LGPE). I imagine the main focus will be on Animal Crossing and Pokemon gen 8 as the biggest releases later in the year, assuming that AC is still on track to be released in 2019 (plz). Pokemon is a bit of a weird one though, as the TPC does kind of do its own thing: I could imagine a Pokemon direct shortly before E3, with E3 itself not showing off anything substantially new while still having Gen 8 on the show floor.

Speaking of the show floor, I agree that AC would be slightly strange to have as the title of focus there (it's nothing like Smash or previous focus games). If there is another big game that they're hiding from us, I don't know what it could be. There's the possibility of Mario Maker 2 being given a lot of attention too - it may not have released by the time E3 comes around, so there might be one last major push. And there will likely be a major push for Three Houses too.

Then there's Luigi's Mansion and Link's Awakening, but don't know what'll be happening with those. Hopefully they're still both on track.

As for other companies, I know Sony and EA aren't having shows, but what's gonna happen with Square Enix? Will they have much to show this year at all?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Added a countdown link to the OP.

Also, if the new modes in the data mine aren't in the Spring update, maybe they'll be shown off at E3.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Expecting Steve.

Hoping Banjo.

Be even better if it were actually both revealed. It'd be win-win for everyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Expecting Steve.

Hoping Banjo.

Be even better if it were actually both revealed. It'd be win-win for everyone.
Of all the times to announce Banjo as the next DLC Fighter Pack, E3 would be the best place to announce it since a lot of the panels at E3 love showing off older IPs as either sequels, remakes, or reboots. If he isn't announced at E3, I think his chances being in the Fighter Pass are very slim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Most likely:
  • SSBU announcement of some kind
  • Update on 3 Houses
  • Microsoft has something awesome to say
  • Lots of indie games
  • Info on Mario maker 2
Confirmed:
  • Halo: Infinite
Speculation:
  • Mario 3D world port
  • Nintendo/Microsoft crossover?

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty excited; there's a lot to be announced atm.

As this is a Smash forum, I'll speculate on Smash first. I do think it's pretty likely that they'll announce the second DLC character. I have no idea as to who it is, all we know about them is the "brave" codename. Along with this, I do think it's pretty likely that Joker will be released during E3.

Pokemon SS is probably gonna get some followup too. We'll probably get introduced to some new pokemon along with the middle evos of the starters.

I'm also hoping Luigi's Mansion 3 gets released, since Dark Moon is one of my favorite video games of all time. However, the only thing we have so far is an announcement of its existence, so the most we'll get is probably just a little more information on the game.

We'll probably get some more information on Animal Crossing 7 as well. I've never played any of the AC games, so I'm indifferent on the topic, but I know there are a lot of AC fans anxiously waiting to see if it's an actual game or another pocket camp.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Imagine if there's Nintendo/Microsoft cooperation stuff revealed, thus everyone expects and hopes for there to be a Microsoft character revealed for the Fighter's Pass, but then it's just someone completely unrelated (who might even be similar to Banjo in several qualities) and there's just never a Microsoft character added lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Imagine if there's Nintendo/Microsoft cooperation stuff revealed, thus everyone expects and hopes for there to be a Microsoft character revealed for the Fighter's Pass, but then it's just someone completely unrelated (who might even be similar to Banjo in several qualities) and there's just never a Microsoft character added lol
I'm prepared for this possibility, actually. Funnier still if it turns out to be Yooka-Laylee, which no one realistically expects at this point, but boy wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Do you reckon we'll get some new DLC announced for a Switch game? I'm not just talking about a new Ultimate DLC reveal (which seems very likely for E3). Like at the last direct we got that DLC update for Captain Toad, which I wasn't expecting.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do you reckon we'll get some new DLC announced for a Switch game? I'm not just talking about a new Ultimate DLC reveal (which seems very likely for E3). Like at the last direct we got that DLC update for Captain Toad, which I wasn't expecting.
It's Nitnendo's signature to give DLC to older games seemingly at random.

That's why they keep their high prices at the used game stores.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not sure what it will be, but I think Animal Crossing is going to surprise us. With the power the Switch has compared with 3ds, this Animal Crossing has the potential to really be amazing on all fronts. I expect it to graphically shine, have numerous improvements to gameplay and community interaction, an immense upgrade in the size of the world, and a lot more character/home/town customization.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not sure what it will be, but I think Animal Crossing is going to surprise us. With the power the Switch has compared with 3ds, this Animal Crossing has the potential to really be amazing on all fronts. I expect it to graphically shine, have numerous improvements to gameplay and community interaction, an immense upgrade in the size of the world, and a lot more character/home/town customization.
I expect it to be the game that all those "social" mobile games claim to be instead of a front for pushing microtransactions

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I expect it to be the game that all those "social" mobile games claim to be instead of a front for pushing microtransactions
I expect many things, and a lack of micro-transactions is one of them. Though it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if there is a plethora of DLC packs. If any game can benefit from DLC, Animal Crossing is it.

On another subject, I’m also hoping for more info on Hollow Knight: Silksong.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Some really fleshed-out online functionality would be pretty great for Animal Crossing, given the nature of the game. I know in New Leaf in order to visit someone's town in real time, they had to be there with you. Otherwise you can just visit a copy of it with dream lady.

Being able to interact with other people's towns in real time even without them being there in person... that would open up a lot of griefing potential if it wasn't done carefully. But it's not impossible. The kids still like that Minecraft thingamajigger.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm looking forward to the annual pre-E3 crazy leak season which should kick off in about a month.

I guess that's owing in part to the current slate of upcoming games not really exciting me too much. I love Animal Crossing, but it's more fun than super hype. Looking forward to seeing more Pocketmen, but those aren't usually a big E3-deal. Also this is probably the make or break year to see if Retro's project will ever actually see the light of day.

Outside of Smash, I'm mostly just keeping my eyes peeled for any Microsoft-related surprises...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Some really fleshed-out online functionality would be pretty great for Animal Crossing, given the nature of the game. I know in New Leaf in order to visit someone's town in real time, they had to be there with you. Otherwise you can just visit a copy of it with dream lady.

Being able to interact with other people's towns in real time even without them being there in person... that would open up a lot of griefing potential if it wasn't done carefully. But it's not impossible. The kids still like that Minecraft thingamajigger.
Best I can think of is that other players can't do any action that alter the world while you are absenst.
So no tree felling, no digging, no plant plucking and flowers are immortal.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Prob Sword & Shield along with Link's Awakening. Maybe Animal Crossing as well?

D

Deleted member

General wishlist:
>Stuff related to Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled or the Bandicoot in general.
>New Battletoads trailer.
>2D Metroid.
>Animal Crossing.
>Godzilla game for Switch.
>LEGO Marvel 3 (4 if you count a
Avengers) with the Fantastic Four.
>More Ultimate Alliance 3 stuff.
>Spyro stuff.
>More Capcom games.
>Link's Awakening stuff.
>Rayman in any kind of game or new title.
>Smash DLC.
>Mortal Kombat reveals (my biggest hopes being Noob Saibot and maybe Wolverine as a DLC guest).
>Castlevania stuff.
>Dragon Quest stuff.
>More Amiibo.
>Pikmin stuff.
>Avengers Project.
>New Pac-Man platformer game (not necessarily World 4).
>K.Rool and Pauline in Mario Kart or K.Rool in Mario Tennis.
>Pauline amiibo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
General wishlist:
>Stuff related to Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled or the Bandicoot in general.
>New Battletoads trailer.
>2D Metroid.
>Animal Crossing.
>Godzilla game for Switch.
>LEGO Marvel 3 (4 if you count a
Avengers) with the Fantastic Four.
>More Ultimate Alliance 3 stuff.
>Spyro stuff.
>More Capcom games.
>Link's Awakening stuff.
>Rayman in any kind of game or new title.
>Smash DLC.
>Mortal Kombat reveals (my biggest hopes being Noob Saibot and maybe Wolverine as a DLC guest).
>Castlevania stuff.
>Dragon Quest stuff.
>More Amiibo.
>Pikmin stuff.
>Avengers Project.
>New Pac-Man platformer game (not necessarily World 4).
>K.Rool and Pauline in Mario Kart or K.Rool in Mario Tennis.
>Pauline amiibo.
That's right, Battletoads still hasn't had any details whatsoever shown about it. E3 is make or break for that, since the game is supposed to come out this year.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I would also like to see a Godzilla game for the Nintendo Switch.

As for other wants...
More Smash news, but especially a newcomer.
Most likely case scenario, Steve from Minecraft would be among the newcomers for Smash.

Also new Pokémon for Sword and Shield.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo really wants to kick everybody's ass at this E3, they have to announce :
- New F-ZERO game.
- An another Golden Sun game.
- PACMAN BATTLE ROYALE (it would be dope) !
- New Paper Mario.
- A new Donkey Kong Country.
- A new Rythm Heaven game.
- A new Kid Icarus game, also made by Sakuraï, alongside a sequel to Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt.
- More characters for Mario Tennis Aces/ARMS.
- A new Splatoon 2 DLC.m alongside the next updates.
- Smash.
- Dead projects/IP ressurect, like Project H.A.M.M.E.R, Waverace, Punch-Out, Panel de Pon.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 on Switch, with Persona 5 and Kingdom Hearts 3.
- Mushroom Kingdom Warriors.
- Tomodachi Life Switch (while it wouldn't excite much people, I would this to be real. I found Tomodachi Life really fun sometimes) with more interaction between the characters.
- Mother 3.
- Pikmin 4.
- Super NES title and N64 titles to online services.
- More indie games, like FNAF or One Shot.
- More Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Mario Maker 2, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 and Pokemon Sword&Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom