• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
When is that? Sony not being around might cause a rescheduling.
Nintendo always goes out at 9am west cost time on opening day so small hours so either they're in Alaska/Hawaii or Australia where it's early the next day morning

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
Alright, we put a lot of time and effort into making Joker since announcing him a day before launch, so let's just delete every single piece of data we have on him cause we might not get to release him on time and people waited too long for him to come out. SURELY everyone will be okay with that.
It's nintendo we're talking about here. They don't care about the fans, they just care about the money.
Also, Nintendo could've stepped in and stopped them anytime between the 3.0 announcement and now, so there probably wasn't a ton of content to be scrapped other than a model ripped from p5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's nintendo we're talking about here. They don't care about the fans, they just care about the money.
Also, Nintendo could've stepped in and stopped them anytime between the 3.0 announcement and now, so there probably wasn't a ton of content to be scrapped other than a model ripped from p5.
I mean yeah they care about the money. It's why they advertised Joker as the first DLC fighter to begin with. You make it sound like Nintendo are willing to have Joker canned for the sake of making more money, which that in of itself is only going to waste money. Even if the Fighter Pass on its own has made a profit for Nintendo, removing a character that has been announced and planned is only going to turn away potential buyers rather than bring them in.

Now onto the topic of E3, Doug Bowser will very likely be present at Nintendo's presentation. I wonder what he's going to be doing, even if it's just simply saying a few announcements here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's two weeks left in April so we could potentially get a direct.

If I had to guess, I'd say there'd be either a Smash Bros one for Joker on the last week or that upcoming Persona 5 event will work in Joker's Smash reveal too.

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
Can’t believe E3 is right around the corner already, damn time flys when you work full time. I’m pretty excited to see what both Nintendo and Microsoft bring to the table this year, seeing how there was an announcement about Xbox live coming to the switch. I personally think it would be neat to see the Xbox achievement system for switch games; achievements are one of the things I’ve been wanting for the switch.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate Alliance 3 releases this year, so I suppose that some news about the game will show up at E3 unless they delay it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can’t believe E3 is right around the corner already, damn time flys when you work full time. I’m pretty excited to see what both Nintendo and Microsoft bring to the table this year, seeing how there was an announcement about Xbox live coming to the switch. I personally think it would be neat to see the Xbox achievement system for switch games; achievements are one of the things I’ve been wanting for the switch.
First, welcome to Smashboards.

Second, imagine that XBox achievments are added to Smash, but only for the Microsoft character ^_^

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
First, welcome to Smashboards.

Second, imagine that XBox achievments are added to Smash, but only for the Microsoft character ^_^
It would be pretty sick to have achievements for smash, would honestly give me a reason to play world of light.
Also Minecraft steve for smash

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Really hoping for a Botw/Odyssey tier trailer this year - something that really leaves you going 'holy ****' - but much as I'm looking forward to it, not sure that Animal Crossing can deliver in that respect

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Here's hoping there's an E3 direct just like last year. I want to know more about Smash Ultimate DLC and Mario Maker 2 (assuming that content doesn't already come out before then).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Really hoping for a Botw/Odyssey tier trailer this year - something that really leaves you going 'holy ****' - but much as I'm looking forward to it, not sure that Animal Crossing can deliver in that respect
As much as I want it to happen I don't think there will be something on that level for this year. We'll get trailers for Animal Crossing and Pokemon but I doubt they'll be as breaking as Botw/Odyssey. That is unless Nintendo is hiding a big game from us for E3, but that's a pretty big what if scenario.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think we'll get a new Mario Platformer at E3 because not only have we had NSMBUD but Mario Maker 2 is coming.
If the game's not out by E3, we'll definetly get a big trailer for it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's not exactly an epic adventure series, so I'm not sure that kind of expectation can really be applied in this case.

I don't think we'll get a new Mario Platformer at E3 because not only have we had NSMBUD but Mario Maker 2 is coming.
If the game's not out by E3, we'll definetly get a big trailer for it.
At most, I'd expect a port for Super Mario 3D World. Pretty please?

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
It's not exactly an epic adventure series, so I'm not sure that kind of expectation can really be applied in this case.

Pretty please?
Just give us a game that looks as good as the Animal Crossing track in Mario Kart and I'll be reaching the same levels of hype tbh

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm most excited about Microsoft's show. Sony's their more direct competitor, and with them taking the year off Microsoft is going to be trying hard to win over Sony fans before next gen. I expect them to blow it out of the water this year.

Nintendo, I'm also quite excited, but Nintendo shares things all year. Microsoft hasn't said a thing about the major unreleased games they showed off last year, and Phil Spencer clearly loves putting all his chips into a big E3 conference.
Microsoft and Nintendo relationship- one of my most anticipated.

Hoping I can get a big surprise.
#GoldenSunForever

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now the Joker hype is cooling down a little, it seems we'll have to wait until E3 for the next DLC character.

It'll either be someone real big or it'll be two of them.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Well now the Joker hype is cooling down a little, it seems we'll have to wait until E3 for the next DLC character.

It'll either be someone real big or it'll be two of them.
I'm betting on the latter - perhaps Erdrick alongside a character more well known in the West

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well there's now less than 50 days to go.

Things are begining to warm up for the event with companies dropping some titles here and there.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

This is all I really want that I actually expect to show.

Everything else is gravy.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It’s definitely going to happen, but I dunno if we’d hear about it as soon as E3
The current rumor from AestheticGamer (he's basically always right about Resident Evil stuff) is that RE3 is already deep into production with a contracted third party with a very early 2020 release. Considering both RE7 and RE2make had reveal trailers at E3 followed by January releases, that's what I'm banking on here.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If they were going to announce two of the DLC characters in a near-E3 Smash direct (like last time), who would you want or expect to see revealed?

It'd never happen but if Crash and a Rhythm Heaven character both got revealed and at the same time I'd EXPLODE.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
If they were going to announce two of the DLC characters in a near-E3 Smash direct (like last time), who would you want or expect to see revealed?
Isn't there already a pretty popular character speculation thread?

I would love Crash to death but at the same time I have to acknowledge that his abilities are pretty standard, and Sakurai tends to gravitate towards unique fighters with new gimmicks. Spyro would fit that more--still waiting for those Switch/Steam port announcements, though. Rhythm Heaven has some character gimmick potential.

I don't like how much I'm using the word "gimmick" but that's like every Smash character now.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Mario Maker 2 is coming out on June 28, so it's extremely likely some sort of new info on it will be revealed at e3.

I still hope we get new info before then.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Mario Maker 2 is coming out on June 28, so it's extremely likely some sort of new info on it will be revealed at e3.

I still hope we get new info before then.
MM2's website says 'full site coming soon', so we'll probably get an info dump some time in the next few weeks

Given how they dumped info for Ultimate's 3.0 update, I could also see a longish, direct-style video dropping out of nowhere

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Nintendo said they're not gonna reveal any hardware in June but do we trust them on that or are they trying to maintain surprise?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I would love Crash to death but at the same time I have to acknowledge that his abilities are pretty standard, and Sakurai tends to gravitate towards unique fighters with new gimmicks. Spyro would fit that more--still waiting for those Switch/Steam port announcements, though. Rhythm Heaven has some character gimmick potential.

I don't like how much I'm using the word "gimmick" but that's like every Smash character now.
Couldn't his spin abilities be worked creatively into his moveset? Alongside his other superpowers and things? Or is that not gimmicky enough? :p
Hypothetically if Crash was to get in and at E3, it'd throw hilarious shade at the no-show Sony.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Couldn't his spin abilities be worked creatively into his moveset? Alongside his other superpowers and things? Or is that not gimmicky enough? :p
Abilities? Plural? Far as I'm aware from every game up to Mutant/Titans (the ones everyone wants to forget anyway) he just spins, and that's it. It's a single move. Other than that he just runs, jumps, body slams, and has a weird fruit bazooka. No superpowers to speak of. Just a dude who spins and is good at platforming.

Again, not saying I wouldn't love him to be in Smash--in fact he's one of my top guys, personally. I'm just acknowledging that he's a far cry from the most interesting character in terms of powers/abilities.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Abilities? Plural? Far as I'm aware from every game up to Mutant/Titans (the ones everyone wants to forget anyway) he just spins, and that's it. It's a single move. Other than that he just runs, jumps, body slams, and has a weird fruit bazooka. No superpowers to speak of. Just a dude who spins and is good at platforming.

Again, not saying I wouldn't love him to be in Smash--in fact he's one of my top guys, personally. I'm just acknowledging that he's a far cry from the most interesting character in terms of powers/abilities.
Well Sonic's abilities in his classic games are limited to jumping and spinning and they got him in the game.

For those kinds of characters, the idea is to translate the feel of thiergames rather than assigining a move from their game a on to one in Smash.

Crash Bandicoot's classic gameplay is all about flow and how to chain his somewhat basic moves together to the poin that you can speedrun the levels so ideally Crash should be able to cancel his movement options into each other. Like being able to jump out of his slide attack at any time.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Wowie, only 48 days to go ! I don't care much for E3 in general but if smash's gonna be there then you can count me in !

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Well Sonic's abilities in his classic games are limited to jumping and spinning and they got him in the game.
Why would you limit yourself to his classic games? I would argue that the problems with Sonic as a Smash character come from the fact that they limited themselves to his classic games--not even, it's like they only drew anything from Sonic 1 and hardly touched the others. Spin dash, homing attack, bounce, light speed dash, air dash, air burst... Sonic has WAY more moves than Crash, dude.

And Crash is no more about fluid speedrun platforming than any other platforming game like Mario or Sonic. They're all designed so that you don't have to stop moving--any good 2D platformer is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And Crash is no more about fluid speedrun platforming than any other platforming game like Mario or Sonic. They're all designed so that you don't have to stop moving--any good 2D platformer is.
I don't remember Mario and Sonic games having literal leve speedrun challenges built into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom