• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
You do realize that’s not close to happening rite. That’s way too much.
Yeah, I think that's pretty unreasonable, just simply due to the fact that certain titles will get buried amongst the hype for others. We already have a lot in development!

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Yeah! We have pokemon and... smash dlcs and... stuff.
Animal Crossing.

I'm actually really hoping to hear more about Spelunky 2--hopefully about it being on other consoles besides just PS4. A timed exclusive like the first time around would make me sad.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Ubisoft's conference has been announced for the 10th.

I wonder if they've got another strange crossover with Nintendo in the works.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I feel like being in Brawlhalla basically deconfirms Rayman. Or at least, it's a hard blow against his chances.

Competing fighting games REALLY hate sharing characters, as could be seen with MVC3, PlayStation All-Stars, and SSBB/SSB4 back in the day.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
...Can it at least also deconfirm the Rabbids since they were in that TMNT Smash-like fighting game?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I feel like being in Brawlhalla basically deconfirms Rayman. Or at least, it's a hard blow against his chances.

Competing fighting games REALLY hate sharing characters, as could be seen with MVC3, PlayStation All-Stars, and SSBB/SSB4 back in the day.
Dlc goes till 2020, Rayman came out for brawlhalla November 2018. It doesn't affect his chances at all

Arthur97

Smash Master
Dlc goes till 2020, Rayman came out for brawlhalla November 2018. It doesn't affect his chances at all
Brawlhalla is discount Smash so getting into that doesn't exactly scream that he's getting into the big times.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Brawlhalla is discount Smash so getting into that doesn't exactly scream that he's getting into the big times.
*Smash team in late 2019*
"Yo who should we add to smash"
"Rayman?"
"Nah he was in a fighting game owned by his own company a whole year ago"
"Oh yeah you're right"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Come now everyone, we can't discount characters on being in another fighting game.

Ryu and Ken are the obvious proof.

Whatsmore, near every "rule" made has proven to be bunk.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It's not that it's a rule, just seems a bit odd that they'd put him in discount Smash if he could be in real Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's not that it's a rule, just seems a bit odd that they'd put him in discount Smash if he could be in real Smash.
Not that it really matters, everyone plays the same in Brawlhalla. It's just a little bonus for that game, since Ubi's publishing it these days, like how Shovel Knight became a boss in Gunvolt once Yacht Club Games published a physical release for the Striker Pack.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
It's not a rule. It's a guideline based on historical precedent with numerous popular fighting games. Nothing is impossible, it's just unlikely based on prior evidence.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
So people think just cause Rayman is in one fighting game before ultimate comes out he's forever ruled out for all dlc that ultimate gets? Cause that's definitely not how it works lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just a reminder that every guest fighter except Richter (and soon, Joker) was in a fighting game before.

There's actually not that much time between Bayonetta's Anarchy Reigns and Smash Bros debuts.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It's that time of the year again.
I imagine Animal Crossing and Pokemon will be the big games that will be showcased for E3 this year. We might get some gameplay footage of some games they announced before like Super Mario Maker 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3. There's also the Smash DLC announcement, my prediction is it will be the rumored Microsoft rep. As for mysterious games that haven't been revealed yet, I'm gonna throw my dart in the dark and say they'll reveal a new Wario game, specifically a Wario platformer. Let's see how wrong I'll be once E3 arrives.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The big question we all have in our heads...
Are we going to see something from Prime 4? Ever?
At the VERY best, we'll get a non-gameplay trailer with a new finish date but I'm not counting on it this year.

2020 at earliest but fortunately, it doesn't have the weight of "saving the console" that all the WiiU era games had.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Joker is apparently coming soon but that raises the question of if and when that'll be the next fighter will be revealed.

With the exception of the gap between E3 and Cloud's reveal, there was always a character waiting in the wings.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well Joker is apparently coming soon but that raises the question of if and when that'll be the next fighter will be revealed.

With the exception of the gap between E3 and Cloud's reveal, there was always a character waiting in the wings.
Given the February deadline, they can't drag the reveal forever. They must clearly know that people are anticipating #2.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They said that, but it's not looking like it atm.
The last time the Smash ad for Joker came up, instead of "Approaching: April" it was "Approaching...".

Either he's coming later this month but nothing's been set in stone, or developing him turned out to be more difficult than expected, or something's rotten in Denmark.

Last edited:

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
The last time the Smash ad for Joker came up, instead of "Approaching: April" it was "Approaching...".

Either he's coming later this month but nothing's been set in stone, or developing him turned out to be more difficult than expected, or something's rotten in Denmark.
at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Joker was cancelled. Nintendo chose all of the DLC slots, meaning that they're using the DLC to advertize upcoming games of theirs. All characters will likely be first-party.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Joker was cancelled.
Alright, we put a lot of time and effort into making Joker since announcing him a day before launch, so let's just delete every single piece of data we have on him cause we might not get to release him on time and people waited too long for him to come out. SURELY everyone will be okay with that.

Nintendo would be out of their minds to outright nix Joker. They didn't cancel Metroid Prime 4 after years of no updates, and they're not going to cancel the first fighter pack a few months after showing Joker's back.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Joker was cancelled. Nintendo chose all of the DLC slots, meaning that they're using the DLC to advertize upcoming games of theirs. All characters will likely be first-party.
This is a troll post right? Surely you don't actually believe that.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait! If I miss it, then I'll look up details on what they said on the direct. For the direct, I would see the new Animal Crossing game and a new fighter. (Fingers crossed!)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Last year I managed to watch E3 in Geometry since we had a substitute who paid zero (Z E R O) attention to the class. Probably not gonna be able to do that again this year though, which sucks.

Reminder to everyone: Unsubscribe to Prosafia Gaming or any major walkthrough/let's play channel you're subscribed to the day before E3. That way they won't spoil anything for you (like they did for me).

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm glad Nintendo's direct will be broadcast at a reasonable hour where I live: some of the other companies I can never be bothered to watch as their presentations are in the small hours of the morning cos time zones

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Last year I managed to watch E3 in Geometry since we had a substitute who paid zero (Z E R O) attention to the class. Probably not gonna be able to do that again this year though, which sucks.

Reminder to everyone: Unsubscribe to Prosafia Gaming or any major walkthrough/let's play channel you're subscribed to the day before E3. That way they won't spoil anything for you (like they did for me).
Haha, would you be even subscribed to Profasia Gaming in the first place ? :p
Besides, you don't even need to be subscribed to have their videos pop-up on your feed :L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom