• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel the point I was trying to make has been lost.

Sakurai likes making characters that have a big unique mechanic but can and has taking simple bases and build on from the game feel rather than the exact moves.
Crash can use his combos from the "remember when everyone was mad about tribal tattoos?" era- Sonic uses his moves from the maligned Sonic the Fighters- but we all know that the Classic Crash is how he's remembered by the public at large and what he should be based off.

Though on another topic, I wonder if they'll announce VR capability for more games.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So any possibility that we'll see Retro's secret project that they've been hiding all these years at E3?
I feel like it's the perfect opportunity to showcase their project now that they're in charge of Metroid Prime 4 now.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I want....

A New IP that is as colorful, nostalgic, addictive, and unique, as Splatoon.

Funnily enough, I actually was shocked Splatoon was more than a mini game when it was announced.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So any possibility that we'll see Retro's secret project that they've been hiding all these years at E3?
I feel like it's the perfect opportunity to showcase their project now that they're in charge of Metroid Prime 4 now.
Maybe, given that one of Reggie's office tour pictures conspicuously had a Mario statue in front of the painting sent by Retro.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Don't you like ARMS ?
I love the music and the characters.
I love that Nintendo tried something new.
I want ARMS to succeed and become huge.
...but as of right now, I don't enjoy the game as much as I'd want to enjoy it.
With some tweaks to how it plays I think it could be better.
Maybe it should have been the game built into the system, to showcase the controls.
The minigames are the most fun for me.

I also stand by- a much better name would help.
ARMED
or
A CALL TO ARMS

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I love the music and the characters.
I love that Nintendo tried something new.
I want ARMS to succeed and become huge.
...but as of right now, I don't enjoy the game as much as I'd want to enjoy it.
I mean, all of that is me and Splatoon. I just don't have fun playing it, but I like everything about it as an IP. Sometimes something's just not for you.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean, all of that is me and Splatoon. I just don't have fun playing it, but I like everything about it as an IP. Sometimes something's just not for you.
That's a fair idea- but I don't think that is what has happened here.
Regardless of my opinion, ARMS sold no where nearly as well as Splatoon.
It did fine for a first game in a series, but if its going to become a big staple (especially with online play), it will need to find ways to attract more consumers.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Nintendo didn't have a mainline shooter IP before Splatoon, whereas they already had a fighter IP (Smash Bros). Even acknowledging that platform fighters and arena fighters are two very different types of fighting games, I think it's fair to say people weren't hurting as bad for a new fighter of any variety on Nintendo. Even moreso when you consider we just recently got Pokken in the mix.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Excited for E3! Gonna ask to be off work on Nintendo's presentation day like I did last year.

Also, I'm currently working on my annual Nintendo E3 Bingo card.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I’m so hyped for E3, as for once I will be traveling to California to attend the show.

Before that though, I want to update my predictions list.

I think we will obviously see a final trailer for Super Mario Maker 2 and I believe we will be getting new Amiibo to promote the release. My guess is that the 30th Anniversary 8-bit Mario’s will be recolored for the new player 2 Luigi added to the game. I kinda expect a modern and classic 8-bit Luigi Amiibo to be released.

Next we will definitely see Luigi’s Mansion 3. Just like Mario Maker 2, I also feel that Amiibo could release to promote the game with a Poltergust Luigi, a polter pup, and maybe a King Boo. The game will most likely follow Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon, so I also expect a Multiplayer mode with Luigi and the E Gadd created Luigis.

Animal Crossing Switch will most likely also be shown. I don’t expect many if any Amiibo to go along with it as that line killed itself. I feel going off the trend of the Ultimate or retooling of many aspects of previous titles that Nintendo has been doing for Switch, I feel Animal Crossing will be a mashup of multiple elements. I think it’ll have the mayor gimmick of New Leaf, the return of the City from City Folk, house building aspects from Happy Home Designer, and probably a camp ground from Pocket Camp. I could also see returning Minigames from Amiibo Festival as I’m pretty sure they were brought into New Leaf. I feel that this will be the Ultimate Animal Crossing experience.

Super Smash Bros will have two DLC characters release shortly after the presentation, them being Erdrik from Dragon Quest and Minecraft Steve.

Mario Kart 8 Delixe May also get DLC. They said it would a year back, but I believe that it’d need World Tour to be shown before they reveal DLC.

Going into 3rd Party, I think Bayonetta 3 and Rayman 4 could be shown as both have been confirmed / talked about. I think another highly likely game is Mario + Rabbids 2, which will include new characters like Rosalina, Daisy, Wario, and Waluigi to join the original 8 with their Rabbid counterparts. Minecraft Dungeons will probably also be announced for Switch following the Steve reveal.

Other predictions

Retro will finish their DK revival by making a 3rd entry. This time K Rool returns as the villain and maybe even teams up with the Snowmads and Tikis. I believe that Retro has been building up to K Rool as the Snowmads feel like their attempt to address the personality issue the Tikis had and perfect it for the King’s triumphant return. I also feel that Tiny Kong could return in some way as she was one of the few characters used heavily after the Rare buyout, and Nintendo did redesign her showing they care for her a bit more than say Chunky. IDK, I have a feeling that Retro will put out another DKC game this year. I also feel that the rumored/ leaked Prime Trilogy will be another announcement from them.

FE Warrior 2 will be a thing. It will focus on Radiant Dawn, Blazing & Binding Blade, and most likely Shadows of Valentia. They’ve suggested that these are the next titles to get the Warriors treatment, so I think it could be possible.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just hope it won't be dull as dishwater period. If these are going to have to work as Direct substitutes to tide people over until E3, they need to put some effort into them.
Well they'll be talking about Medievil and one new title so let's see what they reveal.

Ape Escape remake?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just watched the latest State of Play. Only a few things interested me before the end (MediEvil and Riverborn), but it's good to know that SE is firmly focusing on FF7R more now that KHIII is (mostly) out of the way.

Not bad, but still a ways to go before being as loved as Directs.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just watched the latest State of Play. Only a few things interested me before the end (MediEvil and Riverborn), but it's good to know that SE is firmly focusing on FF7R more now that KHIII is (mostly) out of the way.

Not bad, but still a ways to go before being as loved as Directs.
Yeah, they got the content right for this sort of thing, now they just need to give it a little more personality.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Well with FF7R confirmed to not be dead now I have something to look forward to at SE's E3 conference. I've also noticed that SE is still in the habit of having it's games showcased on other companies first before it's own conferences. It happened at E3 2018 with Kingdom Hearts 3 and it happened with FF7R with the state of play a month before E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Minecraft is announcing a couple of things on it's 10th Anniversary next week. May be something to keep an eye on.

I have my doubts as Nintendo usually likes to keep a tight grip on such things but we'll see.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Minecraft is announcing a couple of things on it's 10th Anniversary next week. May be something to keep an eye on.

I have my doubts as Nintendo usually likes to keep a tight grip on such things but we'll see.
Probably just going to be firmly on the Microsoft end of things. Let's remember not to jump to conclusions. *points to Minecon and X018*

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

They aren't going to reveal a Nintendo announcement at a Mojang event.

Expecting such will only lead to disappointment.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I get the feeling I should have put "I have my doubts" in the largest font size.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yeah! We have pokemon and... smash dlcs and... stuff.
They're probably going to show a bit of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled considering how close it'll be out at that time

Hmm...Pokemon Sword/Shield. Smash DLC (maybe reveal the second fighter immediately for release after E-3 and the third sometimes towards August/September), Mario Kart on mobile, Animal Crossing, maybe another Donkey Kong game....so many possibilities

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They aren't going to reveal a Nintendo announcement at a Mojang event.

Expecting such will only lead to disappointment.
Exactly.

To paraphrase Yahtzee: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times and I'm a complete goddamn buffoon!".

Won't be surprised if it amounts to bupkis again.

They're probably going to show a bit of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled considering how close it'll be out at that time
That seems like a safe bet. We just got a new trailer of reveals, and there's still no sign of them being done with those yet.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I'm hyped for E3. Given the timing of E3, it seems likely a lot of things I want to happen will happen.

- The showing of a brand new DLC fighter (or two) for Smash Ultimate.
- The showing of more Super Mario Maker 2 game play footage.
- The showing of more info on FE: Three Houses, maybe even game play.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So what's the possibility of showing off not one, but TWO DLC characters at E-3?

But here's the catch: one is immediately playable following E-3's conference being over that coming weekend and another one still in development, soon to be released in September/October

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what's the possibility of showing off not one, but TWO DLC characters at E-3?

But here's the catch: one is immediately playable following E-3's conference being over that coming weekend and another one still in development, soon to be released in September/October
Well Ryu and Roy were revealed at the same time so I'd say there's a 60% chance.
There's every possibility that they only do one at a time tho.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I can see that happening. Sakurai did state that characters 2 and 3 have been in development since the game's launch.

If so, let's hope the surprise isn't ruined like last game.

D

Deleted member

I can see that happening. Sakurai did state that characters 2 and 3 have been in development since the game's launch.

My hopes regarding that scenario are a DQ Hero alongside a Microsoft rep.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still think it'll be someone that won't be seen coming. Can't help but feel like it'll be Gematsu all over again.

Especially if Tansut's anywhere near it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom