• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ignoring potential deconfirmations, who do you all think could be the biggest bombshell DLC newcomer announcement at E3?

I personally want Master Chief, and it would be great to see that alongside Halo Infinite, but some say he's deconfirmed, so I'm just crossing my fingers at this point.
Master Chief
This is the one character reveal that can possibly surpass every reveal that happened in Smash so far.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Would people really be that surprised by Crash? I'm all for him, but I would think people would expect the third party platforming mascots by now, particularly one that's surging in popularity and is on Switch. He seems--dare I say--probable.

Now Undertale? People on both sides would EXPLODE if that happened.
Crash is one of those characters who makes a lot of sense to people on the outside but in speculation is ranked lower thanks to a "No western characters!" """"rule"""".
You'd think after Cloud and Joker nothing would be off limits but humanity is desperate for some logic to cling to.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ignoring potential deconfirmations, who do you all think could be the biggest bombshell DLC newcomer announcement at E3?

I personally want Master Chief, and it would be great to see that alongside Halo Infinite, but some say he's deconfirmed, so I'm just crossing my fingers at this point.
Definitely Master Chief. Unless they started branching out into non-videogame characters, which I can't see them doing, Master Chief would have the most potential for breaking the internet. His games were huge, he's one of the faces of his genre and the face of the Xbox brand. If 3rd party characters have been ramping up since Brawl (in some ways they have, in others, they haven't), then there really is no way they'd be able to surpass the Chief himself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would people really be that surprised by Crash? I'm all for him, but I would think people would expect the third party platforming mascots by now, particularly one that's surging in popularity and is on Switch. He seems--dare I say--probable.

Now Undertale? People on both sides would EXPLODE if that happened.
Crash has lots of things going for him (N. Sane Trilogy sold incredibly well on the Switch, Cortex Strikes Back was the first western game to sell over a million copies in Japan, Nintendo has partnered with Activision before with Skylanders and Diablo, etc), but the western thing has some people cautious...despite the fact that we have Shovel Knight and Shantae content.

As for me, I'm not expecting him only because he's one of my two most wanted characters left, so I don't want to set my expectations too high. :p

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Are there really no playable characters of non-Japanese origin in Smash? If that's true and there were going to a first, it would probably be Crash. The unexpected popularity of his games in Japan is pretty well documented.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Are there really no playable characters of non-Japanese origin in Smash? If that's true and there were going to a first, it would probably be Crash. The unexpected popularity of his games in Japan is pretty well documented.
Diddy Kong & King K. Rool were made in Great Britain (Rare)

Dark Samus was made in the United States (Retro Studios)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Of the playable characters, all series originated in Japan but Donkey Kong's designs, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool and Dark Samus were all made by studios based outside of Japan.

Of Western originated series Shovel Knight is an Assist trophy, Snipperclips has a remix and several are spirits, including several characters that Nintendo had otherwise swept under the rug like Alexis from Eternal Darkness.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
So, in terms of Smash, what do you guys think is going to happen? I see multiple possibilities.
1. Nintendo does a :ultjoker:-style reveal and does not give a release date.
2. Nintendo gives an in-depth analysis of a fighter and sets a release date a month-ish into the future: like :ultmewtwo: in Smash 4.
3. Nintendo drops a character and releases it instantly, with an in-depth analysis. Likely an FE character. Happened with :ultcorrin: in Smash 4.
4. Nintendo presents a good, solid update, with features such as Home Run Contest implemented.
5. Nintendo reveals the release date of every fighter in the fighter pass, but does not reveal the characters yet.
6. Nintendo doesn't mention smash directly, but a fighter pass reveal will come at the end of a trailer for an upcoming game (FE, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing) Happened (sorta) in the reveal of :ultisabelle: as a newcomer.

I personally think that option 2 has the best chance of happening, but 1 and 3 aren't that far off either.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'm expecting both 1 and 2, honestly. An immediate character drop at E3 accompanied by a reveal of a character still being worked on without extensive gameplay footage yet.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, in terms of Smash, what do you guys think is going to happen? I see multiple possibilities.
1. Nintendo does a :ultjoker:-style reveal and does not give a release date.
2. Nintendo gives an in-depth analysis of a fighter and sets a release date a month-ish into the future: like :ultmewtwo: in Smash 4.
3. Nintendo drops a character and releases it instantly, with an in-depth analysis. Likely an FE character. Happened with :ultcorrin: in Smash 4.
4. Nintendo presents a good, solid update, with features such as Home Run Contest implemented.
5. Nintendo reveals the release date of every fighter in the fighter pass, but does not reveal the characters yet.
6. Nintendo doesn't mention smash directly, but a fighter pass reveal will come at the end of a trailer for an upcoming game (FE, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing) Happened (sorta) in the reveal of :ultisabelle: as a newcomer.

I personally think that option 2 has the best chance of happening, but 1 and 3 aren't that far off either.
I think it could be more like Roy/Ryu from last game (minus it getting leaked): 2 characters will be shown off at E3 and released not far off if not the same day.

We're obviously guaranteed more Mii Fighter costumes and I have a good hunch Home-Run Contest will be shown off.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The times have all been revealed.

Looks like I can pick up on the Microsoft and Nintendo shows at least.
Nice - the Nintendo one's at a reasonable time which is what matters most for me

I guess this is the opportunity to ask something to the wider thread: now we know all the timings, which shows/directs etc. will you be watching?

I'm planning on watching Microsoft, Nintendo and perhaps Ubisoft (maayyybe Square too), though will probably be missing the others due to timings or indifference

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Going to ask for a vacation to watch E3.

I plan to see the ones I do every year: Microsoft, Ubisoft, and especially Nintendo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
More stuff from Vergeben... Vergaben... Vergerben... Veggieburger... Vergeben! That's it.

More stuff on stuff that's been in the potential leaker circles. Nothing Smash and very littel Nintendo but may be worth a look

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
More stuff from Vergeben... Vergaben... Vergerben... Veggieburger... Vergeben! That's it.

More stuff on stuff that's been in the potential leaker circles. Nothing Smash and very littel Nintendo but may be worth a look

Considering how dead wrong on everything Vergeben has been since Smash got leaked, I don't buy it.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Considering how dead wrong on everything Vergeben has been since Smash got leaked, I don't buy it.
Yeah, only ones I know who buy it are people on GameFAQs, specifically the ass kissers and the people who think "WhUt DoEs ThAt HaVe To Do WiTh SmAsH" or "He'S bEeN rIgHt AbOut SmAsH sTuFf" despite being considered something of a laughing stock in other communities, getting a big chunk of the February Direct wrong, and being wrong about Minecraft content in the base game and the first DLC being a Square rep

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The important thing to remember about the game of leaks is that there's a lot of false info out there, be it from the companies trying to flush out loose lipped employees or the "leakers" themselves looking for attention after their sources dried up.

It's ok to share it but don't take it as fact.

D

Deleted member

Here’s a meme I made while being on an E3 hype mood:

0CB01191-9C3D-44AD-B529-D0F28253B975.jpeg

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yeah, only ones I know who buy it are people on GameFAQs, specifically the *** kissers and the people who think "WhUt DoEs ThAt HaVe To Do WiTh SmAsH" or "He'S bEeN rIgHt AbOut SmAsH sTuFf" despite being considered something of a laughing stock in other communities, getting a big chunk of the February Direct wrong, and being wrong about Minecraft content in the base game and the first DLC being a Square rep
"Oh, but you should totally still listen to what Vergeben has to say you guys!"

Maybe we could see a direct announcement for Smash Bros within the next week or so as separate from the main E3 one, like last time with Smash 4's Ryu and Roy. And like the recent Mario Maker direct, it could announced as short notice as a mere day beforehand even!

Otherwise, we could just get the one character reveal during Nintendo's presentation; was it just one private video that seemed to be uploaded to the Smash YT channel with the blue dot after all? Instead of the three if there was a direct with two character trailers?

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I haven't actually created my Nintendo E3 bingo card yet, but I have created a list of things I plan to include on my bingo card:
  • Dragon Quest 11
  • DAEMON X MACHINA
  • Fire Emblem: 3 Houses
  • Character Revealed for Smash Ultimate
  • Doug Bowser Being Present In Some Form
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  • Animal Crossing
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Pokemon Sword/Pokemon Shield
  • Astral Chain
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Super Mario Party DLC
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy
  • F-Zero For Switch
  • Ninjala
  • Pikmin For Switch
  • Nintendogs
  • New Paper Mario Game
  • A Hat In Time For Switch
  • New Mario Sports Game
  • A Wii U Port
  • New StarFox Game
  • Mario & Sonic At The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well 4chan greentext rumours are popping up now so it well and truely is E3 season

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm excited to see what e3 will have. :)

I don't think i'll speculate much about it, i'd rather just see what it's going to be, but i hope everyone enjoys the build up towards it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My annual Nintendo E3 Bingo card is now finished!

View attachment 221884

Now I pray we don't get anymore pre-E3 news that will mess this card up like the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct did.
I love how the Free Space has Luigi and His Mansion 3 on it.

Cooking Mama

She's the first and only character that comes off the top of my head that could completely destroy everyone's Smash predictions at E3 while also being a lovable addition to Smash.
Incidentally, her custom icon is among the few that haven't been Thanos'ed in my sig.

"Oh, but you should totally still listen to what Vergeben has to say you guys!"

Maybe we could see a direct announcement for Smash Bros within the next week or so as separate from the main E3 one, like last time with Smash 4's Ryu and Roy. And like the recent Mario Maker direct, it could announced as short notice as a mere day beforehand even!

Otherwise, we could just get the one character reveal during Nintendo's presentation; was it just one private video that seemed to be uploaded to the Smash YT channel with the blue dot after all? Instead of the three if there was a direct with two character trailers?
I'm starting to see that possibility as unlikely at this stage, but I suppose we shouldn't discount it yet. The only issue is whether it's not shadow-dropped like Joker's April Direct, otherwise spoilers will be impossible to avoid.

The biggest red flag for me was the mention of Viewtiful Joe 3 being in development. At this point, even his sources don't respect him anymore, when they're resorting to feeding him fan wishes.

I'm excited to see what e3 will have. :)

I don't think i'll speculate much about it, i'd rather just see what it's going to be, but i hope everyone enjoys the build up towards it.
Fair enough, though I'd suggest taking a break from the forum until then, tensions have gotten really high due to Ultimate social controversies, recently.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I love how the Free Space has Luigi and His Mansion 3 on it.

Incidentally, her custom icon is among the few that haven't been Thanos'ed in my sig.

I'm starting to see that possibility as unlikely at this stage, but I suppose we shouldn't discount it yet. The only issue is whether it's not shadow-dropped like Joker's April Direct, otherwise spoilers will be impossible to avoid.

The biggest red flag for me was the mention of Viewtiful Joe 3 being in development. At this point, even his sources don't respect him anymore, when they're resorting to feeding him fan wishes.
Like, it could be given a day's short notice like the Mario direct.

It's Smash Bros. Nintendo knows people will come running to it no matter what, and maybe it'd throw leakers off to shadow drop info like that?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Might as well post my E3 wish list in here
- Pokemon
- Literally any news about SMT V
- Literally any news about Bayonetta 3
- Literally any news about Bannerlord
- Literally any news about Half Li- oh who am I kidding
- Daemon X Machina
- Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
- Revival of Wario Land
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- New Ace Attorney game
- Resident Evil R3make
- More info about the Master Chief Collection and it's release date
- Mega Man Legends 3
- Metroid 5
- Todd Howard appearing
- Todd Howard publicly apologizing on stage about Fallout 76
- Deus Ex
- Two Smash reveals instead of one

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
E3 Hopes:

-More Tales of Switch Ports(Mainly the unlocalized ones like Destiny Remake, Berseria, and Rebirth)
-17th Tales Game
-Anything Mother Related
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-More info on Link's Awakening Remake(I want to know if there's any new bonus content)
-The rumored Link To The Past Remake
-

Smash Character hope(Since I think there'll be a separate Smash Direct like with Roy and Ryu)

-Lloyd/Yuri/Velvet/any Tales character

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Trying to keep it low but here are my E3 hopes (no particular order):
  • Wario Land
  • Dr. Mario
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Rare Replay Switch
  • Hype Smash DLC character(s)
  • F-Zero
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Shantae 5
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Pokémon Sword & Shield
Probably not much will come true

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Oh, we're sharing Bingo cards? Let me get in on this!

One Smash reveal for every column. Might be a little generous, but what the heck.

1558741931672.png

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Just made my Bingo Card, Im lazy so I just used a spreadsheet

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
E3's lined up nicely for me this year. I normally don't watch MS but with Sony not being there this year and MS increasingly showing more stuff that I'll buy for other consoles, I guess I'll watch them.

As for Smash, I'm hoping for two characters but wouldn't be surprised if we got only one. For Nintendo in general, the rest of the year from them is already good, so I'm hoping for some surprises for 2020 and Retro to finally show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom