• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2021 will bring Square Enix, Sega, Bandai Namco, Gearbox, XSEED, and more

E3-Tile.png

E3 Expo announced today that Square Enix, Sega, Bandai Namco, Gearbox, XSeed, Verizon, Freedom Games, Devious Eye Entertainment, Turtle Beach, and Binge.com will all be participating at E3 2021. Previously announced companies include Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, and Warner Bros games. While no company's presence confirms anything specific, it is exciting to see so many jump onto the event.

E3 2021 will take place from June 12th to 15th. It will be entirely online with free streams and free events available for viewers.

Author's Note: A lot of strong companies coming out! I don't even know what to expect anymore, but it's nice to see summer announcements mostly consolidated into one event again. Your thoughts? Let us know below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

While I completely understand it and it's 100% justified, it's nice to see participation compared to last year's "Is Nintendo / [insert company here] even doing anything anymore?" We all knew that game companies were busy working one way or another, traditionally or not, but it'll be nice to see previews and showcases like the good ole' days.

Here's to hoping for lots of exciting announcements and one or two hype Smash reveals. Though I don't think anything can top E3 2019 for me, Banjo and Hero announcements were so hype for me.

Hope we finally see some news about the next Sonic game! And I know this is pushing it, but maybe a small teaser for the next Kingdom Hearts games as well?

D
I'm looking forward on seeing news about the upcoming official Legend of Zelda title and Metroid Prime 4. I don't care who are the final 2 fighters are. Maybe Soul Calibur on Nintendo Switch since Bandai Namco are involved.

D
Hope we finally see some news about the next Sonic game! And I know this is pushing it, but maybe a small teaser for the next Kingdom Hearts games as well?
Me too with a new Sonic game for it's 30th anniversary.

While I completely understand it and it's 100% justified, it's nice to see participation compared to last year's "Is Nintendo / [insert company here] even doing anything anymore?" We all knew that game companies were busy working one way or another, traditionally or not, but it'll be nice to see previews and showcases like the good ole' days.

Here's to hoping for lots of exciting announcements and one or two hype Smash reveals. Though I don't think anything can top E3 2019 for me, Banjo and Hero announcements were so hype for me.
Here here! And yeah E3 2019's Nintendo Direct was the most hyped I'd ever been for any game announcements. Double whammy of my beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies returning to Nintendo in basically video gaming's hall of fame AND the confirmation of Breath of the Wild's sequel coming out, gahhhh it was too much for my nerd brain to handle.

Here here! And yeah E3 2019's Nintendo Direct was the most hyped I'd ever been for any game announcements. Double whammy of my beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies returning to Nintendo in basically video gaming's hall of fame AND the confirmation of Breath of the Wild's sequel coming out, gahhhh it was too much for my nerd brain to handle.
For sure. I'm a grown ass man that works in an office with other people and I literally cried watching the reveal. I can't watch Banjo & Kazooie reveal trailer reactions still to this day and not get teary eyed, hah.

Top Bottom