• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Correct me if I am wrong but was Tekken the first 3D fighting game?

I know Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are more popular but Tekken was up there around no. 3 in fighting games globally and I think it was the first 3D fighting game. I remember it more from Arcades than Console appearances.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

I know Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are more popular but Tekken was up there around no. 3 in fighting games globally and I think it was the first 3D fighting game. I remember it more from Arcades than Console appearances.
I’m pretty sure Virtua Fighter is the first major 3D fighting game series.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Virtua Fighter came before Tekken.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay, quick thoughts:
  • No Bayo 3 again
  • I knew Super Monkey Ball was coming from the leaks but nice to see it here regardless.
  • WarioWare looks amazing, it was about time
  • I'm really interested in the direction they're going with SMT V. Am I the only one who thinks the UI looks a lot like Tokyo Mirage Sessions?
  • They straight up said Life is Strange 2 doesn't exist, I see how it is
  • I don't care much about Kazuya as a character but Tekken in Smash was long overdue. His trailer was also pretty kickass.
tl dr, Mr. Sakurai's wild ride can't be stopped.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, never thought I would say this, but I am excited for Kazuya! Though he is another human character, something about him seems exciting to play!

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I still have that little bit of hope for Reimu, but I don't really care that much who CP11 ends up being. I'm satisifed. Steve and Kazuya in one pass? Yeah, I don't care about the other four being duds.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay, thoughts:
-So we get our Namco character. And hey, it wasn't one that was easily predictable since alot of people assumed Tekken died with Heihachi. But still, man that trailer was grim.
-Square Enix stuff and Indie titles, okay.
-My sister will love the Super Monkey Ball collection. Although the first two games becoming available is cool.
-I'm going to be sad if the new Mario Party does not get DLC or new content. Cause going back to the old gameplay, going back to old maps, etc. Like the new Mario Party is on my watch list.
-Metroid Dread finally comes. Wow. And it looks interesting too.
-Of course Just Dance gets an appearance....
-Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. Okay.
-The new Mario Golf. Cool.
-Monster Hunter. Cool.
-The new WarioWare looks interesting. On my watch list.
-Shin Megami Tensei V. Cool.
-Dangan Ronpa and Fatal Frame. Cool.
-Doom and Tony Hawk. Cool.
-Mario + Rabbids. Cool.
-The moment I saw Orange Star, I was like, "Wait, what?!" Then it comes up and I'm like, "Hey, good job Nintendo. That was a good surprise."
-New DLC for Age of Calamity looks good.
-Game & Watch Zelda. Okay.
-And the new Breath of the Wild 2 footage looks great. Really looking forward to it.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good Direct. Definitely a lot of new and good surprises and there are quite a bunch of games I do want to get, so good job Nintendo.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Mario Golf and Zelda G&W not being a limited release is the stuff I’m cool about.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My impressions:

Kazuya in Smash: personally I don’t really care but he seems cool (also miis don’t disconfirm franchises?)

Monkey Ball: hype (I saw this on Twitter yesterday so not really a surprise but still hype)

WarioWare: hype (also I love that you can control the characters themselves)

Advance Wars: Interested, very cool that they brought back an old, seemingly dead IP.

Metroid: interested (edit: didn’t know it was a previously cancelled game, for the DS even? really cool that they brought it back)

Mario Golf free updates post-launch: awesome

Mario Party: cool

Zelda: cool, still need to pick up BoTW at some point, may pick up the G&W idk

Everything else: cool

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So lemme get this right.

Vergeben came back after 2 years

Hopping on board the 4 Champions/Chief hype train

Only for the train to crash and burn.

"How to destroy your reputation in 5 minutes."
Hey, he got Metroid

after other people said the same thing

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hey, he got Metroid

after other people said the same thing
That was the only thing he got right. Not only did he claim that Chief was in, he also claimed that they were going to reveal a new DKC game when that ended up not happening.

Shroob

Sup?
Yep. Verge can't be trusted anymore. His credibility is gone.
Tbf, he never really could be in regards to DLC post-Terry.

People were going ****ing nuts over the 4 Champions/Chief stuff that he probably saw it as a safe bet and jumped on, only for it to blow up in his face.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So let me get this straight, does that mean we have to look out for character that is state by Sakurai to have difficulty implementing them? I mean this is the third time.

Calane

Smash Ace
Man, all I wanted to see was the next mainline Kirby, lol.

Well, other than that, the direct was good. I liked quite a bit of what they had to show.

Congratulations to all the Tekken/Kazuya fans out there as well.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
My thought on the direct:
Smash was 5/10 (I had no idea who Kazuya is so the reveal is very indifferent to me, nice that it didn't leak though)
Mario Party makes me very happy- Glad its going back to its roots. Its what top 100 should have been.
Metriod looks awesome
Nice to see advance wars back- Hoping they can do this with more series (Star Fox, F-Zero, etc)
BOTW2 looks awesome.

Overall 8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom