• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only "leak" I've seen so far is from someone who people claim is credible but nobody ever backs that statement up. And all they said was that the character is someone who will make a lot of people mad.

Which is, like... Yeah. Have you seen the Smash community?
With How many people say they don't want disney to touch smash Brothers at all, it would be really funny if it was Sora because of how many people that hate Disney that would be angey

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I hope we see Craig at the Xbox presentation.
Yo yo yo!

So what are everyone's final predictions on the next fighter(s)?
Not sure who I would predict at this point. I just want to see a double reveal again for maximum hype.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My current prediction is a double reveal.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christin, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Gran/Djeeta, Nightmare, Yuri Lowell, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

CP10 releases same month, CP11 releases September-October.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still am betting on a single reveal. Not sure who, though. I mean, there's a lot I'd like, but, none I can think of that feel obvious. Steve/Alex and Banjo & Kazooie were the only ones I actually expected.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reason I still feel a double reveal is that every E3 has had more than one Smash reveal. What makes this any different?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yo yo yo!

So what are everyone's final predictions on the next fighter(s)?
Well, since I've been promoting it:
Double Reveal: Phantasy Star character + Master Chief.

As for single predictions, either:
Chosen Undead - Dark Souls
Saber - Fate/Stay Night
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean - Contra
Or a Falcom character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Reason I still feel a double reveal is that every E3 has had more than one Smash reveal. What makes this any different?
A lot. They have a hard two characters left. Revealing it now ends the entire core thing people care the most about. How they play is not going to keep the same hype energy going throughout the latter half of the year. It ends it way earlier than necessary, and they want to milk this as long as possible.

There's zero evidence we could've had a double reveal last E3 if it existed(the event id's suggested Steve/Alex was meant for there, but that's it. Min Min, considering she was delayed, was probably meant to appear before it. I feel like they already were going to do everything the same last year even if E3 went on).

Now if we had, say, an Echo Pass coming, sure. But we know there's absolutely no more characters(Sakurai hammering it home over multiple articles makes it clear it isn't an NDA case, since he'd only have to say it once and ignore the question otherwise. Or he's just ignore the question). Blowing it all at once doesn't do Nintendo any favors, and they chose to have it revealed within 2 years, with 6 full character packs. There's a huge amount of the year left, so just showing one is enough to get the train rolling. They'd have nothing to fill up the rest of the year, with zero new modes coming after all. Mode updates won't cut it either, since they're minor changes. The due date isn't just a "just in case". They still want to keep it close, so time is taken to balance things out. Characters actually do take six months to make for unique, so having a full year for three characters gives them lots of time to get it done right. And even Steve/Alex still had issues.

It doesn't mean it can't happen, but there's nothing all that convincing it will. The only reason it made sense for Hero and B&K to be together is they were basically having 6 characters released in one year. They had no choice but to double it up to keep it on schedule. Byleth was literally the end of the year too. I expect one now and one in September/November to finish it off.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Any possibility of those Xbox x Nintendo rumours and hints coming to fruition this E3?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Any possibility of those Xbox x Nintendo rumours and hints coming to fruition this E3?
What particular ones, to be clear?

It's possible, though, yeah. That's a good place to do so, as long as they're ready to show something off to make it have a good impact. Showing just a title does not work well. People want the meat, not the knowledge it exists.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What particular ones, to be clear?

It's possible, though, yeah. That's a good place to do so, as long as they're ready to show something off to make it have a good impact. Showing just a title does not work well. People want the meat, not the knowledge it exists.
Well Gamepass and xcloud have had lots of rumours about coming to Switch.

We've also had Phil Spencer place a Switch on his shelf and basically everything he puts there ends up being a hint in some form.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
I don't normally cross-post like this (and don't know if it's allowed, sorry if it isn't), but I've released my Nintendo Direct E3 2021 bingo card. Here is a copy-paste from my profile:
LAA9000 said:
With 2 days left until the Nintendo Direct E3 2021, I completed my bingo card for it today:
Some things I'd like to note about it:
  • The template comes from ABSahilGagrai on DeviantArt.
  • Each prediction was placed randomly via use of Google's random number generator.
  • Control freaks, I'm sorry if alignments are off. I judged everything by eye.
  • Not all of the predictions on this card are my actual predictions. I've learned to hype responsibly.
  • This list mostly focuses on new announcements, which is why I refrained from adding showcases of recently announced titles like Splatoon 3, Pokémon BDSP or Mario + Rabbids 2, as well as being obvious and anticlimactic.
  • Similarly, I avoided 'one last thing' and 'mad fans' because they happen every Direct. I would've put one of them in the free space had Smash not been shown at every general Direct since its teaser.
  • I didn't add many third-party announcements because most of the big studios have their own presentations around this time, so I stuck to ones that don't and would be likely to show up at a Nintendo Direct (plus I'm not that familiar with many).
  • I might do a bingo card for every Nintendo Direct from now on, but if I don't have enough ideas to put on one, I'll likely skip it. Thankfully E3 has given me lots of ideas.
  • In case it wasn't obvious enough, 'Microsoft is buying Nintendo' will be a running joke across my bingo cards.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
The main reason it would be different is that they've all (apart from the leaked shadow drop in 2015) had sizable gaps between the reveal and the release date, which Nintendo has completely trended away from for the last year and a half. I only expect a double reveal if they're also ready for a double release.

M+R: Sparks of Hope not coming out until "2022" is such a mood... Ninty having at least one announcement to pick up this year would be nice but I won't spill tears if there's more waiting.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm eagerly anticipating a number of game announcements within E3, but the one that I am obviously awaiting to see is who are the remaining fighters revealed within the second pass.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Huh...Sea of Thieves and Pirates of the Caribbean. Interesting.

That said, did they get Johnny Depp back for Jack Sparrow? Cause either they did get him back or the voice actor they gave him does a really good job at sounding like Depp.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Psychonauts 2 comes out in close to two months! (August 25) Unless we get an IP revival from Rare, I feel like this is going to be the highlight of Xbox's presentation for me - I've wanted that game for a long time, and it's one of the only games that I've ever helped crowdfund.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know, I'm mainly looking forward to finding some cool games to look forward to and soak in as much as I can via the Treehouse livestreams. That was a nice time; Now there just aren't many games announced to get hyped for in the first place. Here's to hoping we'll get some news on Tuesday.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anyone know if the humour of the first Outer Worlds is like that? I liked that trailer - it reminded me a lot of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A bunch of cool stuff at Xbox but the only one I feel I’m super excited for is Halo Infinite weirdly enough.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jack Sparrow is back baybee
Other than that, Halo multiplayer looks super fun and that last game looked pretty interesting to say the least.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Xbox's presentation was fire as always. Kudos to Phil for reviving the brand after it was thrown in the dumpster at the beginning of last gen.

Excited for a lot of the games that got revealed, Arkane is tackling a vampire co-op game which should be fun. Halo Infinite looks better than before and fun 😭 . And mother****ing FORZA 5 GOT REVEALED GOD THIS GAME LOOKS SO GOOD.

Microsoft is my favorite presentation from this year's E3 so far, gonna be real hard to top this one for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom