• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2021 Countdown Thread- DAWN OF A NEW DAY

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Countdown time!

I missed being able to do this from last year.
Things are still a bit dicey in the world so E3 is going to be a digital only event.

I expect Nintendo to have a direct and character reveal now that they seem to have their development sorted out. What are you expecting?

UK Feed

US Feed

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If this theory based off URL identifiers holds any water perhaps we could get a double reveal even with a spring character reveal too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I guess we'll likely see the next fighter at E3 this year. Who're you hoping for? I'm placing my bets on Cash Banooca.
E3 reveals are usually the biggest ones comparatively, along with TGA reveals. Especially if we consider that Steve would have likely been last year's E3 reveal.

Crash Bandicoot would be a pretty dang big reveal and Activision would want a big deal to be made of it. That said there's other characters it could be, ones that we're not even thinking of but will be blindingly obvious in hindsight like Sephiroth.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
It's officially confirmed that Nintendo will be at E3 2021

Along with Microsoft, Capcom, Ubisoft, Konami, Take Two, Warner Bros. and Koch.

No word form Sony. I think they're firmly in one of their "too cool for the rest of the kids" phases.
suprised that Capcom is there, wonder what they're gonna show.
So I guess we'll likely see the next fighter at E3 this year. Who're you hoping for? I'm placing my bets on Cash Banooca.
I'm hoping for Crash as well, since Bandana Dee doesn't seem like an E3 type of character, but I think Master Chief has a pretty good shot too

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

No word form Sony. I think they're firmly in one of their "too cool for the rest of the kids" phases.
So damn exciting to get an actual confirmation! Thanks for this! Now we just need the direct date...

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
My hopes are for Eggman in Smash, a new 3D DK game developed by Retro Studios, Megaman.EXE Legacy Collection and Mega Man X9, gameplay of BotW 2, and a new Last of Us game that is completely removed from Ellie and Joel's story, but still takes place in their universe. A tease of Spider-Man 2 would also be nice.
These aren't predictions though, I might write those out later.

BTW, I'd love some Sonic news but apparently Sega is not confirmed to be attending E3. They could still join later but with how quiet they've been recently, I think they'll do something seperate in June-may have something to do with that concert we've been hearing about (hopefully it holds more weight than the Smash one lol).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think we'll hear of more details once we get in May.

E3 reveals are usually the biggest ones comparatively, along with TGA reveals. Especially if we consider that Steve would have likely been last year's E3 reveal.

Crash Bandicoot would be a pretty dang big reveal and Activision would want a big deal to be made of it. That said there's other characters it could be, ones that we're not even thinking of but will be blindingly obvious in hindsight like Sephiroth.
As they say, hindsight is 20/20 (especially in this fandom). The last few characters are ones that I wound up forgetting about after vouching for them before, so I'm trying not to overlook anyone now.

That being said, I won't entirely be too sure about counting Crash until we know for sure that Acti is in the full list of participants. Normally they're not one to skip out on E3 unless there is no other choice and go for the closest equivalent (like Summer Game Fest).

Looks more like a "holding a childish grudge that everyone else forgot about" phase to me. :4pacman:

BTW, I'd love some Sonic news but apparently Sega is not confirmed to be attending E3. They could still join later but with how quiet they've been recently, I think they'll do something seperate in June-may have something to do with that concert we've been hearing about (hopefully it holds more weight than the Smash one lol).
For the record, I never believed in the concert leak, since that was the typical low-effort text leak courtesy of 4chan's /v/.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My prediction.

Double reveal.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christin, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Nightmare, Sol Badguy, Yuri, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

Swordfighter character releases same month, Master Chief releases in September-October.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
IMO the characters that I'd qualify as huge would be (separate of any likelihood or personal preference)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Doom Guy
  • Fortnite character
  • League of Legends character
  • Tracer/Overwatch character
  • Space Invader(s)
  • Agumon/Digimon character
  • The Sims
  • Grand Theft Auto character
  • Scorpion/Mortal Kombat Kharacter
  • Master Chief
  • Any Sony Character
  • Any non-gaming character
Then again, we could be surprised. Mega Man isn't that big a series technically speaking but it was the big reveal at Smash 4's debut.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
IMO the characters that I'd qualify as huge would be (separate of any likelihood or personal preference)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Doom Guy
  • Fortnite character
  • League of Legends character
  • Tracer/Overwatch character
  • Space Invader(s)
  • Agumon/Digimon character
  • The Sims
  • Scorpion/Mortal Kombat Kharacter
  • Master Chief
  • Any Sony Character
  • Any non-gaming character
Then again, we could be surprised. Mega Man isn't that big a series technically speaking but it was the big reveal at Smash 4's debut.
I would throw in Waluigi and Eggman in there too

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I would throw in Waluigi and Eggman in there too
I'm talking more about general public perception but those two would be huge for the fanbases and the memes.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Checks title

Nice

But seriously though, I'm very excited to have the E3 reveals back. Betting Nintendo has a good deal of stuff to show off after they didn't have much in the last year

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm 98% certain we'll get a character that barely anyone expected.

Also, Pac-Man was revealed behind closed doors while Palutena and the Mii Fighters got the limelight.

That being said, Mega Man was the most expected character at the time, so it's probably different here.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder when Nintendo's direct will be. They're usually the last in order of live shows, doing their live show on the first day of the floor display but there's no floor show so it could be any time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nindie direct today so let's see what's in store.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Who do you guys deem as an E3-tier reveal? For me, it's Crash, Eggman and Sora.
The three that you said, along with Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Rayman, and an Undertale character, would all definitely make a big splash.
EDIT: Also Tails, Knuckles, Shadow... basically any other secondary Sonic rep would fit the bill. Also Waluigi.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
The three that you said, along with Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Rayman, and an Undertale character, would all definitely make a big splash.
EDIT: Also Tails, Knuckles, Shadow... basically any other secondary Sonic rep would fit the bill. Also Waluigi.
so Zavok is an E3 tier reveal? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
After doing some more research, it seems like if Mega Man X9 is a thing, it would be pretty early in development by this point given what those in charge have said. Still think we'll get a teaser though, alongside the reveal of Mega Man Battle Network Anniversary Collection. I think X9 will be revealed becasue the Legacy Collections surpassed 1 million sales, something that's apparently uncommon for the Mega Man franchise.
As for Sonic...I think we'll get a classic collection and "Sonic Project 2021" which would obviously be a modern thing. It could be an Adventure remake tease, but I'm honestly losing hope for a remake. (Hopefully I'm proven wrong).
And as for Smash. Double reveal just makes too much sense given we have two fighters left (unless we factor in the bonus character theory, but that's a whole other can of worms). If it's a single reveal, a Capcom character. I know they got a few Mii Costumes last presentation-that does not disqualify them from getting a fighter. Anyone's guess as to who-a Mega Man character (preferably Roll or X) would be awesome, but it's leaning towards Phoenix Wright in my eyes. Dante is also a possibility. Hell, they could shred the Spirit Event rule to pieces with Jill or Leon-that'd be awesome, I love it when they do stuff like that. If this is a double reveal, Capcom and Sega. Sega character would most likely be Eggman, but Sakura and Arle could possibly steal that from him. We could even get someone completely unexpected from Sega-Blaze would be really cool, and even though it would never happen, Beat would make for a cool revival of a character. Happened to Banjo.
Other than those few things, I think we'll get a better look into Elder Scrolls 6, Mario + Rabbids 2 will be announced (with playable Rayman being the big end reveal), trailer and release date for Cuphead's DLC, Mario Golf Super Rush will have a short 4 minutes of time to announce new characters and smaller features, and Street Fighter VI teased. Think that's all my thoughts there.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It really has been too long since the last E3, huh?

I don't expect to see Metroid Prime 4 or BotW 2 getting revealed so I'm not sure what to expect from the Nintendo side of things.

I'm super excited for Microsoft's presentation though! Apparently they've been preparing some huge bangers to reveal at this E3 and they must be worth the hype.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
IMO the E3 reveal could be anyone but if we go on the logic that the E3 reveal usually has a one big TA-DA one...

A Western character
Smash has gotten pretty much the who's who of Japanese game dev so that leaves a lot of scope for a Western characters to be added.
-Shovel Knight
-Shantae
-Master Chief
-Doomguy
-Crash Bandicoot
-Spyro
-Rayman
-That one guy with that gun from that shooter game that all the kiddiwinks love these days (pls no)

Another character from a 3rd Party series already in the game
Sephiroth has proven it's possible and a lot of the series in games have other iconic characters in them
-Tails
-Knuckles
-Shadow
-Eggman
-Blaze the Cat
-Chun-li
-M. Bison
-Roll
-Proto Man
-Zero
-Raiden
-Ms. Pac-Man
-Slime

A character who's already an Assist Trophy
AT characters are characters who lost out so it would be hype to see one get a promotion
-Shovel Knight
-Knuckles
-Zero
-Krystal
-Waluigi
-Ashley
-Bomberman
-Lyn
-Midna
-Shadow
-Spring Man

Indie Character
It would be nice to see a character not for the shareholders.
-Shovel Knight
-Shantae
-Frisk
-Commander Video
-Five Nights at Memes. (pls no)

Top Bottom