• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2021 and Summer Game Fest schedule

E3-Tile.png

Starting Tuesday, June 10th at 11 AM PST, E3 and the Summer of Games Festival will kick off with over a dozen presentations - We have listed all announced ones below.

Thursday, June 10th
  • 11 AM PST / 2 PM EST / 7 PM BST - Summer Game Fest Kickoff Live

Over a dozen world premieres will be ahead along with almost every publisher having something to announce.

Friday, June 11th
  • 12 PM PST / 3 PM EST / 8 PM BST - Koch Primetime
  • 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST / 9 PM BST - IGN Expo

Koch Media, known as the parent company behind IP's such as Dead Island, Saints Row, Metro, and TimeSplitters will be on for Friday - They have already tempered expectations by announcing that none of those IP's will have a new game announced at any of the E3 conferences, including their own. We do not know what they will be showing

IGN had a couple of Summer of Gaming events last year, but with E3, they will be consolidating to one game. We do know that there will be game announcements, but no other hints have been given at this time

Saturday, June 12th
  • 8 AM PST / 11 AM EST / 4 PM BST - Guerrilla Collective Part 2
  • 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM BST - Wholesome Direct
  • 12 PM PST / 3 PM EST / 8 PM BST - Ubisoft Forward
  • 1:30 PM PST / 4:30 PM EST / 9:30 PM BST - Devolver Digital
  • 2 PM PST / 5 PM EST / 10 PM BST - Gearbox Entertainment
  • 3 PM PST / 6 PM EST / 11 PM BST - UploadVR
A completely action packed day - Potentially the busiest day of E3. Kicking off with Guerrila Collective, the first part already premiered a few days ago. Last year, over 70 games were shown. This year? Who knows.

The Wholesome Direct will follow along immediately after, bringing over 70+ wholesome games. At least some of these games will likely be highlights instead of new announcements.

The Ubisoft Forward presentation will feature some big announcements and surprises, along with Pre-Show featuring current games, and a post-show for fains of Rainbow Six Siege.

Devolver went straight to the point - five new games will be revealed, and two release dates for existing games.

A new adventure from Gearbox (known for Borderlands) and 2K will be unveiled. Beyond that, the Gearbox E3 showcase has left everyone guessing

UploadVR will show what will come for VR content.

Sunday, June 13th

• 10 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM BST - Xbox & Bethesda Showcase
  • 12:15 PM PST / 3:15 PM EST 8:15 PM BST - Square Enix Presents
  • 2:30 PM PST / 5:30 PM EST / 10:30 PM BST - PC Gaming Show
  • 4 PM PST / 7 PM EST / 12 AM BST - Future Games Show

While not as jam packed, an equally exciting day for many game fans. The first will be Microsoft, with their new acquisition of Bethesda. The presentation will last for about 90 minutes, and will be the first E3 that we see Microsoft and Bethesda team up

The Square Enix presentation leaves everyone plenty to guess, but we do know that Babylon's Fall, Life is Strange: True Colors, and Marvel's Avengers will all be making appearances

The PC Gaming Show will be a concentrated 90-minute presentation with many new announcements. Valve will also be making an appearance, though the latest PC Gamer E3 preview says that it will just be a message regarding Steam Next Fest

The Future Games Show will feature games that will have playable Steam demos once the presentation ends.

Monday, June 14th

• 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST / 9 PM BST - Limited Run Games LRG3 3
  • 2:30 PM PST / 5:30 PM EST / 10:30 PM BST - Capcom Showcase
  • 3 PM PST / 6 PM EST / 11 PM BST - Razer Keynote

Limited Run Games will be showing 25 announcements with new games, physical editions of fan favorites, and reprints of classic titles. During the show, Limited Run Games will also be handing out prizes every 15 minutes to anyone who shows up

Capcom will have all eyes on Monday - They have already announced that The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Monster Hunter Rise, and Resident Evil Village will all be making appearances. We remain hopeful to see surprises

Razer, known for their gaming hardware, will have its first E3 presentation. We don't know what it will contain, and it will be airing only 30 minutes after the Capcom show starts.

Tuesday, June 15th

• 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST / 5 PM BST - Nintendo Direct
  • TBA - Bandai Namco

To end off the show, Nintendo will be presenting in the morning, and Bandai Namco may be around. The 40-minute Nintendo Direct will focus mostly on Switch titles that will be out this year. Some games we already know will be out are Mario Golf: Super Rush, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, Shin Megami Tensei V and No More Heroes 3. Many fans are anticipating the final two characters for Smash Ultimate DLC, along with some Breath of the Wild 2 news. What else this presentation will contain? We don't know, but we all have our bingo cards ready.

Bandai Namco is also slated to appear on Tuesday. Whether that sticks, we will see.

Author's Note: Wow. I'm just going to get prepared for a flurry of announcements and take them as they come. How about you? What are you the most excited for? Let us know!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Sooo...what's your bet for CP10, assuming they're revealed at E3? My hopes are currently placed on Cash Banooca. I'll be pleasantly surprised if CP11 is revealed there as well (especially if it's Sora), but I don't necessarily expect it.

Sooo...what's your bet for CP10, assuming they're revealed at E3? My hopes are currently placed on Cash Banooca. I'll be pleasantly surprised if CP11 is revealed there as well (especially if it's Sora), but I don't necessarily expect it.
Honestly I 55%-45% do expect both CP10 and CP11, Hero / Banjo style. The timeline makes sense for June CP10 release and September CP11 release, why not just announce them both now. I wouldn't be surprised if we did only get 1, but I'm leaning towards both.

I think one of the remaining 2 will be a Namco character. Whether that's a Tales rep, Taiko, Klonoa, or something else, not sure. So many options out there, who knows for sure! Crash also I think is a good guess. They've been so unpredictable though that it could easy be none of them too. I'd be good with anyone, and while I really want Amaterasu, Donchan (Taiko), or Sora, they've done a great job with Ultimate already, they couldn't reveal a character I wouldn't be happy with I don't think.

I am also excited to see what Square has to show during their presentation day, as well as Capcom and Bandai. And obviously Nintendo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Shoutout to the employed folks who have never watched one of Nintendo's E3 presentations live. I think I literally started working the year these started being streamed.... 2013 or something?

Is it bad that I'm keeping my expectations low? I feel that we'll only get one new fighter this month, while the final one will show up in the 3rd quarter of the year.

Is it bad that I'm keeping my expectations low? I feel that we'll only get one new fighter this month, while the final one will show up in the 3rd quarter of the year.
No, not at all. If you temper your expectations, you won't be disappointed when you don't get what you were hoping for regardless of how bad or good the E3 presentation in question is

No, not at all. If you temper your expectations, you won't be disappointed when you don't get what you were hoping for regardless of how bad or good the E3 presentation in question is
Yeah, while 2021 may be a notable anniversary for The Legend of Zelda and Metroid, it feels rather doubtful that we'll get any new information on the planned Breath of the Wild sequel, and/or Metroid Prime 4 any time soon. But hey, you never know.

Yeah, while 2021 may be a notable anniversary for The Legend of Zelda and Metroid, it feels rather doubtful that we'll get any new information on the planned Breath of the Wild sequel, and/or Metroid Prime 4 any time soon. But hey, you never know.
In the last Direct they did mention that news on BotW 2 should be coming later in the year, but who knows when that is exactly and how much news.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at one reveal now and one Q3, it's a very real possibility and no one is going to blame you for thinking that's going to happen. I also don't think it'd be too weird given the time of year that E3 is for two of them either. Good thing is, we'll find out in about 5 days!

No, but they've already revealed two in the past.

Basically if they open with Smash they will probably be closing with it as well unless they have an announcement that could out-hype the final character.

I've been disappointed by Nintendo even when I had 0 expectations.

This is pretty deep, but I sort of even question the psychology of "controlling expectations"... you either like stuff or you don't; it's okay to be disappointed. People literally have to temper their expectations because we know Nintendo is beyond capable of laying an egg lol.. that's on them; not us.

Basically what I'm saying is we shouldn't have to temper our expectations -- how about Nintendo just has a good E3 instead. I pretty much go in with 0 expectations nowadays and reserve the right to be disappointed.

Top Bottom