• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2017- Show's Over Folks- BINGO cards scoring in progress.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With Nintendo rocking some new hardware we can bet this year's E3 is gonna be a big one. Or at least one with more than one game on display.
:4tlink:Countdown Link:4link:

What do you think will be shown off?

In my mind, more of Mario Odyssey, BotW's DLC and maybe even Smash Bros... dare I dream?

Last edited:
E3 has a lot of potential this year

A lot of games to show off for the new console

Plus im sure there are a lot of unannounced games too. Retro studios, maybe smash and a few other hits

It will probably be very exciting!

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I hope they divulge the release date of the :4cloud:, :4corrin:, and :4bayonetta: amiibo at that time. I want that :4bayonetta2: amiibo, goddammit!

Oh, and also praying for a new Smash like the rest of y'all sugar pies here...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
...Before I put out any comment, this is a general E3 thread, isn't it? It's not only dedicated to Nintendo's stuff, right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
...Before I put out any comment, this is a general E3 thread, isn't it? It's not only dedicated to Nintendo's stuff, right?
Yeah, general E3.

D

Deleted member

One thing for sure is Nintendo still have much to do to recover their 2015's disastrous performance.

Inb4 "muh E3 2016": my bias against BotW aside, you just can't call a conference focused on one game a true E3 conference.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
One thing for sure is Nintendo still have much to do to recover their 2015's disastrous performance.

Inb4 "muh E3 2016": my bias against BotW aside, you just can't call a conference focused on one game a true E3 conference.
Subjective much?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Well it wasn't a conference, but it was a presence, and it did mitigate a lot of the reception from the prior E3's shortcomings in the eyes of the fans, strangely enough. It probably was the fact that Nintendo was upfront and pre-emptive in informing people exacting what would and wouldn't be there. Plus the effort they went to to push Zelda, plus BotW just being... BotW.

I'm not really defending the practice, if Nintendo pulled the same thing this year, only with Mario I'd be plenty bummed (not that they would), but the reception overall was positive.

I'm sure they'll have a more standard E3 this year, not simply because it seems obvious they have an array of games to tout, but because a strong showing in the Switch's first year is pretty key.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What we do know of E3 2017 is that Bethesda is going to show off Fallout 4 VR. I wonder how they'll handle VATS because as is you've got the camera taking a lot of angles outside your body. I can't help at think it would make it boring or vomit inducing. If they can find that sweetspot, then more power to them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have permission to hype.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Aside from the Nintendo stuff (F-Zero please) the only thing I'm looking forward to at E3 is Marvel Infinite. Seriously, almost 4 months and still no news I'm just itching to see more of it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Looking at what's left of the 3DS' lineup that we know of, I think this is all we have.

- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (though this will be out before E3)
- Pikmin 3DS
- Ever Oasis
- New 3DS port of Fire Emblem Warriors
- Potentially Pokémon Stars, if it hasn't been moved to the Switch

The Switch has been selling really well, so I think this will be the 3DS' last E3. I can't see them keeping it alive much longer when they no longer need it as a fail safe. Come on, unified Nintendo library. Come on...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The one thing I could see keeping the 3DS around is Game Freak and their suborn sticking with what they know, to avoid another Diamond/Pearl optimisation nightmare.

Maybe we could see a new 3DS exclusive Generation before we see it on the Switch.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm pretty sure Gen 7 models were future proofed or something. No reason we can't have proper Pokemon titles on Switch.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nintendo really need a great E3 this year, and I don't just mean new trailers for already announced games + a few ports, they need to knock people off their chairs and completely steal the show. I don't think we're in the territory where it's a make or break it moment for the Switch yet, after all there are some already announced titles with plenty of promise on the horizon, but I feel like it could be the difference between it doing fine and it being a huge success.

I think a Smash port, the 3rd installment for Sun and Moon, Pikmin 4, a DKC game to round out its trilogy, and the Virtual Console are all very likely and would make for a pretty strong showing. I could also see an Animal Crossing game, and I'm cautiously optimistic about a new Metroid game given Reggie's comments, but I think those two would most likely see a later release sometime in late 2018 if so and wouldn't necessarily have any trailers attached to them.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's reports about 20 million Switches being expected to be shipped out this year. Considering the WiiU only sold 13 million total, I can't help at wonder if someone knows something we don't or are like those EA execs that thought adding crating to Dead Space 3 would make it sell more than the entire series combined.

There's a big Mario coming but it'd need to be in combination with something else that speaks to the wider audience. Cooking Mama? Dr Kawishima's Brain again?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
AM2R becoming an official game and getting released as the 3DS's swan song would be lit.
A lot of people would be upset it was coming to the 3DS instead of the Switch, and, frankly, I'd probably be one of them. :p

There's reports about 20 million Switches being expected to be shipped out this year. Considering the WiiU only sold 13 million total, I can't help at wonder if someone knows something we don't or are like those EA execs that thought adding crating to Dead Space 3 would make it sell more than the entire series combined.

There's a big Mario coming but it'd need to be in combination with something else that speaks to the wider audience. Cooking Mama? Dr Kawishima's Brain again?
I'm more inclined to believe the Wall Street Journal's 16 million over Digitimes' 20 million, but regardless, both eclipse the Wii U's lifetime sales. Nintendo must have a lot of confidence in their output this year. Though (if rumours prove to be true) they will be offering Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Pokemon and Smash in the same year, on the same console. So who knows.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
With the Switch out, there's bound to be new games they will announce along with perhaps some new details about games like Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's something to pass the tie while waiting for more info, let's thing of WiiU games that could jump to the Switch along with Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 and Lego City Undercover.

Zelda Gamecube HD remakes (well Wolf Link with decent health is a WiiU only bonus right now[unless I'm missing something])
Xenoblade Chronicles X (may clash with 2)
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta Duology
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Maker (why they released it on the 3DS, I'll never know)
Pokken Tournament (w/ the 4 new fighters)

Any more I missed? Or any reason any I listed wouldn't work?

D

Deleted member

Here's something to pass the tie while waiting for more info, let's thing of WiiU games that could jump to the Switch along with Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 and Lego City Undercover.

Zelda Gamecube HD remakes (well Wolf Link with decent health is a WiiU only bonus right now[unless I'm missing something])
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta Duology
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D Land

Tropical Freeze.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tropical Freeze.
Oh yeah. If they do I hope they do a little more than just add the 3DS version of Returns changes to it.

One other thing that they'll probably show, Breath of the Wild's DLC. I'm imagining the Hard Mode is on the show floor and the additional story stuff gets a trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
-Some goofy skit at the beginning
-Super Mario Odyssey Gameplay.
-BoTW DLC, complete with more Dark Matter Sheikah Shrines!
-Big bad Kirby anniversary game, I'm betting on it being Kirby's Return to Dreamland 2.
- A bunch of indie games you don't care about.
-Unexpected gimmicky 1st party game you may or may not care about.
-Paper Mario Switch, looks promising at first but it's even worse than Sticker Star.
-Pikmin 4, that game that we've all known about forever but haven't seen.
- The grand finale is Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle, now with twice the Fire Emblem characters. K. Rool is still nowhere to be found.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Personally I'm expecting to hate E3 this year. Hype is a dangerous thing, and I refuse to assume anything good about it other than a couple pretty trailers and maybe one cool thing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Another thing I hope for is Mario Party, back to basics. None of this car nonsense. Just 4 players, dice, coins, stars and minigames.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That number of days left though. lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Personally I'm expecting to hate E3 this year. Hype is a dangerous thing, and I refuse to assume anything good about it other than a couple pretty trailers and maybe one cool thing.
It could be worse, like a repeat of E3 2015.

Also, where the hell is Mahvel Crapcom?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
It could be worse, like a repeat of E3 2015.

Also, where the hell is Mahvel Crapcom?
Knowing Crapcom they've already forgotten about it and will bury it in a few months XD

But yeah, this E3 is probs gon' suck. I just think Low expectations are gonna save everyone a lot of disappointment.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, I can't even go in with low expectations. The two things I'm most hyped for (Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors) are either confirmed to be showing up or all but confirmed to be showing up, respectively.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Besides the obvious games, I don't have expectations as much as I have excitement over the possibilities. The Switch only just started, it has a Zelda and the first Big Mario game is already confirmed so what their other big thing will be is a mystery.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I mean, I can't even go in with low expectations. The two things I'm most hyped for (Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors) are either confirmed to be showing up or all but confirmed to be showing up, respectively.
I mean...I'm sure the trailers will look nice? At least?
I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to come off as rude if it did.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The real question is can it be as hype as Ultimate Mahvel 3?

Wonderful 101
Bayonetta Duology
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D Land

I would put Star Fox Zero on there if only because I want to see that game actually be good.

Also that should be Super Mario 3D World not Land.

God bless you for remembering the Wonderful 101. I ****ing love that game.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I'll knock on wood to be safe, but a pre-E3 Direct in April or May seems inevitable... though myself and others have said such things before about their timing and been months off.

Hopefully said Direct will get near future things out of the way like ARMS release date/overview, known 3DS releases (Ever Oasis, Pikmin, Bye-Bye BoxBoy!, Lady Layton), and various amiibo announcements for released and near-future games. Also I hope said Direct will at least announce and give basic details on Virtual Console. (That said, certain hotly demanded VC announcements like GameCube games and Mother 3 would be quite appropriate cake icing at E3).

My conservative predictions for E3 itself. Obviously the soon-to-be-released Splatoon 2/online service details, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, FE Warriors, and at least a peek at the next mainline FE. Probably looks at Sonic and Skyrim and one more third party surprise. Indies may or may not have their own mini Direct around this time. There is probably one big unannounced 2017 first party game (Smash 4 port is where my money is), and we will likely get 1 or 2 big 2018 game announcements (Animal Crossing, Retro Studios project, Pikmin?)

My super dark horse, wild card prediction is Eternal Darkness 2.

Top Bottom