• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2017- Show's Over Folks- BINGO cards scoring in progress.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Have you guys seen the leaks of the Mario/Rabbids game artwork? Because, honestly, it's the most offensive thing I've ever seein in my life.

Jokes about hashtags and selfies and the word "badass" have no place in Mario games. I play Mario games to avoid the trappings of modern AAA games and Ubisoft is roping them right back in. I hate this more than words can describe.
Then don't play it.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Have you guys seen the leaks of the Mario/Rabbids game artwork? Because, honestly, it's the most offensive thing I've ever seein in my life.
Hi there, welcome to the internet. You must be new here.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Hi there, welcome to the internet. You must be new here.
Exactly my point.

This is the first time I've been legitimately repulsed by something. And that says a lot considering what's on the internet.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Exactly my point.

This is the first time I've been legitimately repulsed by something. And that says a lot considering what's on the internet.
I don't know why but that's just hilarious XD. Of all things, this is the thing? Is this real life?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
YES

I don't think it's funny :|

edit: turns out I'm not the only one who feels this way

Alright, sorry, it might've been rude to laugh while you were discomforted. Though Idk if you're really one to talk about offense, I swear I've seen you post something at least once that was deliberately made to get a rise out of people.

PsychoJosh

Alright, sorry, it might've been rude to laugh while you were discomforted. Though Idk if you're really one to talk about offense, I swear I've seen you post something at least once that was deliberately made to get a rise out of people.
Sigh...

Someone really needs to teach you kids the definition of hyperbole :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sigh...

Someone really needs to teach you kids the definition of hyperbole :/
Hyperbole is usually funny.

We were giving you the benefit of the doubt there.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Funny" is subjective.

I thought it was funny.
The people who have to defend their jokes by saying "funny is subjective" usually aren't very funny.

Besides, hyperbole doesn't have to be funny when it's used to make a point.
You think I was being serious?

I keed brah.

On a more serious note. Mario + Rabbids looks weird. I don't know if this'll be any good though. The leaks simply aren't getting me interested as opposed to straight up repulsed.

I wanna see gameplay of this thing though. How it's been described is so downright odd I have to see it for myself.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

The people who have to defend their jokes by saying "funny is subjective" usually aren't very funny..
It wasn't really a joke though. I was using it to make a point.

And whether you like it or not, funny IS subjective.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I still don't understand the big deal. This isn't a mainline Mario, you don't have to play it, and it's hardly going to sink the series. It's so easy to ignore if it's not for you! And I totally get why it might not be for you, it's not for me... but I'd still rather have the series shake itself up in unorthodox methods than stagnate with something like another NSMB or Mario Tennis or something.

PsychoJosh

I'm willing to bet that's exactly how it went down. Someone wished on a monkey's paw for Nintendo to show off something different at E3, and the result was... that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Huh... Personalities is misspelled, how odd.

It actually looks pretty interesting, but only because of the Mario side and how it's entirely different than the main series. Bunnies cosplaying as Mario characters is pretty meh, particularly if there really is only eight playable characters and they make up half of it. At least at the start I mean.

Of course, having seen only pictures, it's a bit premature to be critical. Definitely curious though.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I personally loved the Rabbids when I was younger and now I still like them.

Also, I prefer this over a "New Super Mario Bros." or a terrible sports or Party game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Great, Months of running this thread and it's THAT that gets the conversation going.

I'll reserve complete judgement until I see the gameplay but Nintendo, please do the marketing on all future collabs, especially if we get this mess.

And I LOVE how they're trying to push cosplaying Rabbids as "unique personalities".

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Huh... Personalities is misspelled, how odd.
Ubisoft is French, and the French word for personalities is 'personnalité', hence the two n's. They had me at Turtle Shelves though, which I couldn't figure out until someone pointed it out...

This leak has me all excited though ;D

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ubisoft is French, and the French word for personalities is 'personnalité', hence the two n's. They had me at Turtle Shelves though, which I couldn't figure out until someone pointed it out...

This leak has me all excited though ;D
Wow I didn't even notice shelves, my brain automatically took it to be shells. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
From what I gather the slides were for internal use only so that explains why they might not have smoothed over all the kinks.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I have yet to see an official confirmation for the above, and I'm pretty sure that's just something people kept shouting around in order to feel less outraged by the curse words >.>

So maybe it's because I'm French and so is Ubisoft, but I often get the feeling that using 'badass' or any other English curse word is okay because it sounds way more gracious than ours.

Also i want to see this happen at E3: http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-open-to-a-sheik-spin-off-nintendo-has-considered-it/ (did I bring this up already? My bad if I did)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have yet to see an official confirmation for the above, and I'm pretty sure that's just something people kept shouting around in order to feel less outraged by the curse words >.>

So maybe it's because I'm French and so is Ubisoft, but I often get the feeling that using 'badass' or any other English curse word is okay because it sounds way more gracious than ours.

Also i want to see this happen at E3: http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-open-to-a-sheik-spin-off-nintendo-has-considered-it/ (did I bring this up already? My bad if I did)
It's pretty clear it was meant for internal use only. They wouldn't have a three step plan on how to market the game available to the public.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's pretty clear it was meant for internal use only. They wouldn't have a three step plan on how to market the game available to the public.
Like the Underpants Gnomes.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm on a wait and see kinda basis with the Mario + Rabbids game. On one hand, it's Mario, Mario is almost always good. On the other, well Rabbids, Rabbids doesn't have the best franchise track record to say the least.

I am intrigued by the notion but in the back of my mind there's just something that keeps saying "This could have been Rayman, or Mega Man, or Pac-man, or Bomberman, or Final Fantasy, but no. It's ****ing Rabbids." But I'll end up buying it if it's the only game out in August for the Switch because I'm a sucker for that damned console.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking forward to it. Gonna watch the big 3 companies (Love Nintendo, have an Xbox One, and see what Sony has to dish up).

Anywho, here's my BINGO sheet:

Wario Bros.'s Nintendo E3 2017 Bingo Sheet.png

My Rules
  • Leaks before E3 count only if they officially show up at E3 first
  • "Another Nintendo crossover with a third party company" does not count the Mario + Rabbids
  • "Mega News for Super Mario Odyssey" has to be more than a simple trailer
  • If something from this BINGO sheet gets officially revealed before E3, it doesn't count
  • "DLC/Update for a Game Already Out" doesn't count if we already know (like no Breath of the Wild)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In news of Ubisoft making mistakes, Beyond Good and Evil 2 won't be at E3. Mark it on your cards.

D

Deleted member

You know what would blast off this E3?

The fact Retro's project might be more than one game.

Retro appearing at all is more than enough to hype me.

. . .They've been MIA for like years now even though they are so good. I need more games :(

D

Deleted member

Now you have my interest. Would you care to elaborate please?
Ideally working on a DKCR3 and a new Metroid game.

Also using their experience they had with Mario Kart 7 to develop a new F-Zero and Sony's E3 2015 is blown off.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Now now... Developement on the NX hasn't started till two years ago, maybe even less. Do you think a team so small as Retro's could have pulled off the development of three "large-scale" games for the new console, when they've barely had any experience with HD/advanced engines other than Tropical Freeze, in so little time?

EDIT: There's no such thing as "blowing away Sony's E3 2015". The respective announcements of the long-awaited Shenmue sequel and the equally much-requested FFVII remake are the stuff of legend, ones that will remain carved in stone forever man.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I find Nintendo's E3s aren't so much directly compared to Sony and Microsoft as they are treated as a sideshow.

Because a good Nintendo E3 for a Nintendo fan will have little to nothing that the PS4's average audience would be interested in.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I find Nintendo's E3s aren't so much directly compared to Sony and Microsoft as they are treated as a sideshow.

Because a good Nintendo E3 for a Nintendo fan will have little to nothing that the PS4's average audience would be interested in.
Eh, I sorta don't know about that this year.

It's the first time that the Switch will be the main focus at E3, so plenty of eyes will be on Nintendo. The Switch is a hot item right now. Many folks who might've passed up previous Nintendo hardware will be looking at the future of their next device and seeing if the investment is worth it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Eh, I sorta don't know about that this year.

It's the first time that the Switch will be the main focus at E3, so plenty of eyes will be on Nintendo. The Switch is a hot item right now. Many folks who might've passed up previous Nintendo hardware will be looking at the future of their next device and seeing if the investment is worth it.
True, it'll be up to Nintnendo to impress this year. Let's hope they've got more than Rabbids up their sleeves.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
True, it'll be up to Nintnendo to impress this year. Let's hope they've got more than Rabbids up their sleeves.
Well Mario Odyssey is shaping up to be massive. Hopefully the E3 footage is really impressive!

On another note, there's practically no doubt in my mind that we're gonna see another port this year. It's gonna be Smash or Pokken. All the content for Pokken is currently released, but the Wii U version never received the extra characters. There's no real reason to keep them exclusive to the arcade edition other than a port. Smash is a really obvious system seller, especially since it's portable and would include all of its content for an appealing price tag.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
An idea, instead of a new Smash or just a port, they ship the game with all DLC, and start a new DLC cycle.

They'd need at least one (preferably 3) brand new character ""for free"" on the base game to stop it being a rip-off though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
An idea, instead of a new Smash or just a port, they ship the game with all DLC, and start a new DLC cycle.

They'd need at least one (preferably 3) brand new character ""for free"" on the base game to stop it being a rip-off though.
Unless it also had a significant price drop, it'd still feel like a bit of a rip off, IMO. If they're planning to add enough characters to start another expensive DLC cycle for a game some people already bought twice, they'd be better off putting two or so in a port and starting work on Smash 5 afterward.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unless it also had a significant price drop, it'd still feel like a bit of a rip off, IMO. If they're planning to add enough characters to start another expensive DLC cycle for a game some people already bought twice, they'd be better off putting two or so in a port and starting work on Smash 5 afterward.
Well it is entirely possible to sell the game at a loss and make that back with DLC.

But what percentage of people bough DLC in the originals?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well it is entirely possible to sell the game at a loss and make that back with DLC.

But what percentage of people bough DLC in the originals?
That's something I want to know as well, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Now now... Developement on the NX hasn't started till two years ago, maybe even less. Do you think a team so small as Retro's could have pulled off the development of three "large-scale" games for the new console, when they've barely had any experience with HD/advanced engines other than Tropical Freeze, in so little time?

EDIT: There's no such thing as "blowing away Sony's E3 2015". The respective announcements of the long-awaited Shenmue sequel and the equally much-requested FFVII remake are the stuff of legend, ones that will remain carved in stone forever man.
Also didn't Miyamoto declare Retro's staff is now big enough to work on more than one project at the same time?
I still think it is possible Retro might have been working on more than one game.

Also you seem to really underestimate the requests for a new F-Zero and Metroid.

Top Bottom