• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Can't tell, but the blueish tint might hint towards Anthony.

But if this happens, the suicide rate on the globe will suddenly rise to 2500 suicides per second and I doubt Sakurai would let that happen.
Ridley also ends with a y you know.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It's very suspicious that in the third pic there is suddenly more unlocked characters in the demo. I definently think Ridley is in though regardless of this leak.

Stuff that supports this is the risk. Very upclose shots prevents Nintendo from finding out where the pics were taken. Also, showing pixelation up close would be tough to pull off in a fake. The text at the top is extremely similar to the text in the direct. That's important. I have some bias because I want this to be real, but even putting that aside, I think this is the most legitimate leak since Palutena.

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Also I'm not quite sure, but...
The screen is really dirty. Dependant on where he took the pics (I guess a leak from the demo version would be taken from a TV screen) I would really expect a fairly clean TV fit for display.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
The character block three squares right of Sonic looks reddish (in the original pics); it could be the random tile. Also, I don't see any circles (like the P1 circle) for the CPUs; shouldn't they be there?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It's very suspicious that in the third pic there is suddenly more unlocked characters in the demo. I definently think Ridley is in though regardless of this leak.

Stuff that supports this is the risk. Very upclose shots prevents Nintendo from finding out where the pics were taken. Also, showing pixelation up close would be tough to pull off in a fake. The text at the top is extremely similar to the text in the direct. That's important. I have bias because I want this to be real, but even putting that aside, I think this is the most legitimate leak since Palutena.
Also, why would the guy not show us Ridley if that's what he is definitely hinting at? Oh wait, it would take more time to make a convincing portrait that he doesn't have, and instead he just plastered a bunch of Purple over the letter "Y".

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
ALSO! Why are ZSS and Sheik gone? Sakurai said they would have their own slots too! So many disappearing veterans for no reason, this is definitely fake.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
"Can't tell, but the blueish tint might hint towards Anthony."

That's pretty much the point, no blue parts on Ridley.
Player 2 is blue, could be the cursor or just the fact that it's player 2. Or the colors option.

D

Deleted member

ALSO! Why are ZSS and Sheik gone? Sakurai said they would have their own slots too! So many disappearing veterans for no reason, this is definitely fake.
I don't believe this supposed leak, but there's three slots between Zelda and Samus. I'd assume they would be for Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While I am guessing that this could be a fake, its still very likely supposed to be for the demo, and thus the characters just aren't there for that build. ZSS and Shiek (as well as Bowser, Rosalina, and all the other announced characters) have spaces, but just aren't there for the demo.

Last edited:

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
3 Slots next to Link and Zelda: Ganondorf, Sheik, Toon Link. 2 Slots next to Samus: ZSS and ???
...dude chill if it's true then it's probably the demo as everybody else is saying. Sakurai probably doesn't want every single character's movesets/playstyles seen ahead of time before the game is released
Logic folks

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't believe this supposed leak, but there's three slots between Zelda and Samus. I'd assume they would be for Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link.
But why would they be unlockables? The absence of way to many to many characters to be a real demo.

Little Mac, Bowser, ZSS, Sheik, Ike, Rosalina, MEGAMAN, Greninja, they are all gone. And some reappeared when the leaker forgot some stuff.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Looks more like the blue character selector is just sitting on top of the portrait, hence why the bottom left character display..box... is blue
Now, I didn't think of that.
The "selector" sure looks a bit opaque, could be about right.
What puzzled me though is the huge black corner on the portrait. Probably would be part of the character then, seems odd though.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Also, why would the guy not show us Ridley if that's what he is definitely hinting at? Oh wait, it would take more time to make a convincing portrait that he doesn't have, and instead he just plastered a bunch of Purple over the letter "Y".
The more I look at it the more convinced I am that the "purple" is in fact the blue of the P2 cursor.
Also showing Ridley woukd most likely lead to someone losing their job or something to that effect.

D

Deleted member

But why would they be unlockables? The absence of way to many to many characters to be a real demo.

Little Mac, Bowser, ZSS, Sheik, Ike, Rosalina, MEGAMAN, Greninja, they are all gone. And some reappeared when the leaker forgot some stuff.
I don't think they're gonna have everyone playable in the Best Buy demo. They didn't in Brawl's E For All demo (Kirby wasn't even playable).

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Okay, now we have proof this is fake:

1. The odd disappearance of Bowser, Little Mac, Ike, Rosalina, Greninja, and Little Mac.
2. Link's name is not there when it should be a bit visible.
3. The weird number 3s near the bottom.
4. Little Mac and Megaman are randomly unlocked, with a "Y" with Purple clearly signifying Ridley to be also unlocked. It also looks VERY bad, and looks like a cluster of pixels than a portrait.

This is sooooo fake.
Dude. It's not so fake.

1) This is obviously a demo/beta test in the store. We don't know how that works. If anything this adds more legitmacy. A leak of this magnitude means that if it's fake, the faker is smart. He wouldnt fake unlocking more characters. As that would make it seem fake. Reverse psychology? Tough to explain but I think this supports it.

2. The Names are centralized and the text does not get larger depending on the size of the name. Look at Pit for example. If we got the same angle in a way where Pit was in the same spot as Link, we wouldn't see Pit's name either.

3) I think weird things like this support it more. Wouldnt a faker try to stick to the original formula? This could be stocks/CPU level. Changing it up is something Sakurai would do, which supports the leak.

4) I addressed most of this in 1. I personally dont care for Ridley's inclusion as Im not a huge Metroid fan. But I am almost sure he's in the game. With Sakurai obviously knowing of this community and wanting to please the fans (as seen in the Direct with Pseudo-Palutena/FD Stages), he obviously knows of the loudest of the smash fans, the Ridley supporters. Him not showing Ridley 100% in the direct just confirms his inclusion to me. Pixelation would occur when you point the camera closer to the tv. This, once again, adds more credibility to the leak.

I get the feeling you really hate this leak for some reason, you want it to be fake. I could go either way and am just presenting the facts. I don't care for it being real or fake. Just needed to show that your reasoning is invalid.

Last edited:

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
It's real. The 3's mean the cpu level since 3 is the default. Marth looks transparent because he hasn't been selected yet. Also remember this is for the bestbuy demo and maybe e3 so don't be surprised if it changes a bit during final release.

Also if you are asking ''why are the pics not straight''

Consider the person might have been trying to sneak the pics or he doesn't want a clear shot showing anything but some of the screen so the best buy or whatever the source is won't get in trouble.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If Sakurai wanted to keep secrets, like he is known for, why have so many characters have locked portraits? He could have easily made a smaller CSS like he did for the Brawl demo.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Because demo's dont have all nonsecret characters unlocked from the beginning. The only thing that is fishy is the fact the third pick unlocked some of the locked slots.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Dude. It's not so fake.

1) This is obviously a demo/beta test in the store. We don't know how that works. If anything this adds more legitmacy. A leak of this magnitude means that if it's fake, the faker is smart. He wouldnt fake unlocking more characters. As that would make it seem fake. Reverse psychology? Tough to explain but I think this supports it.

2. The Names are centralized and the text does not get larger depending on the size of the name. Look at Pit for example. If we got the same angle in a way where Pit was in the same spot as Link, we wouldn't see Pit's name either.

3) I think weird things like this support it more. Wouldnt a faker try to stick to the original formula? This could be stocks/CPU level. Changing it up is something Sakurai would do, which supports the leak.

4) I addressed most of this in 1. I personally dont care for Ridley's inclusion as Im not a huge Metroid fan. But I am almost sure he's in the game. With Sakurai obviously knowing of this community and wanting to please the fans (as seen in the Direct with Pseudo-Palutena/FD Stages, he obviously knows of the loudest of the smash fans, the Ridley supporters. Him not showing Ridley 100% in the direct just confirms his inclusion to me. Pixelation would occur when you point the camera closer to the tv. This, once again, adds more credibility to the leak.

I get the feeling you really hate this leak for some reason, you want it to be fake. I could go either way and am just presenting the facts. I don't care for it being real or fake. Just needed to show that your reasoning is invalid.
Fine, all those points I guess could be valid. I believe Ridley is in the game to, but why would he be off screen and suddenly be unlocked along with MegaMan and Little Mac? Could you explain that?

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Also, booooy, isn't that guy being observed?
He almost hugs the screen on the third pic with his camera / phone revealing all dem stains on it.
Some cleaning ladies are gonna get fired for this leak..

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Maybe to unlock characters in game...? This has been done before -_- also they are technically new since they are on their own now and you might have to do something with Zelda/Samus to unlock them. Don't be so quick to shout fake.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Fine, all those points I guess could be valid. I believe Ridley is in the game to, but why would he be off screen and suddenly be unlocked along with MegaMan and Little Mac? Could you explain that?
That's about the only thing you've said that could prove it fake. The evidence toward it being real still outweighs it though. I still haven't gotten confirmation that the 3rd pic is from the original leaker. I assume it is but haven't seen proof. A faker would only want to use art already available which would be why he is not showing Ridley's art. He could still be in the process of releasing pics.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Maybe to unlock characters in game...? This has been done before -_- also they are technically new since they are on their own now and you might have to do something with Zelda/Samus to unlock them. Don't be so quick to shout fake.
I guess most of my points could be rebutted, but the thing that confuses me greatly is why would Ridley, Little Mac, and MegaMan suddenly unlock after the previous pictures said they were locked? Explain that to me and I will back down.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I guess most of my points could be rebutted, but the thing that confuses me greatly is why would Ridley, Little Mac, and MegaMan suddenly unlock after the previous pictures said they were locked? Explain that to me and I will back down.
I already explained it to you buddy. You're shouting "FAKE FAKE FAKE" before really analyzing the reality of the situation. Look at it like us and calm down.

Also, 4chan post take dowm ALREADY? Oh shiz guys. This is really leaning towards legit. Someone is fired.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Just did something moronic.

Pixel counting.

Each one of these portraits is 54 pixels wide, they're separated by a single pixel.

so 55*17=935.

If this game is in 1080p, that leaves 985 pixels unused by the character selection screen. Would those portraits really use only half of the screen size?

Of course, this could always just be being displayed on a 720 screen, which means only 345 free pixels, which doesn't seem too unlikely.

But yeah.

Last edited:

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai ended the e3 direct by revealing Ridley and saying ''NOW PLAYABLE AT BESTBUY DEMOS'' People would be hype

Morbi

Scavenger
I already explained it to you buddy. You're shouting "FAKE FAKE FAKE" before really analyzing the reality of the situation. Look at it like us and calm down.

Also, 4chan post take dowm ALREADY? Oh shiz guys. This is really leaning towards legit. Someone is fired.
The leak is more feasible... because it was taken down? Care to elaborate?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

One last thing I noticed. Ridley's portrait has a blue square around it while everyone else's portraits have a normal grey square. Just seems fishy to me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
One last thing I noticed. Ridley's portrait has a blue square around it while everyone else's portraits have a normal grey square. Just seems fishy to me.
It's because Player 2 has selected it, you can see the blue chip too. The first picture also has a red outline on Marth who's selected by Player 1.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Actually, could you quote the post that explains why there are character on the third pic but not on the first 2? I checked your posts but nio one explains this/.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The leak is more feasible... because it was taken down? Care to elaborate?
4Chan post usually get removed within a day of the post (right guys? I domt use the site much). It getting removed very quickly is usually the doing of a third party or something is up. That's why people leak on 4Chan, because they are anonymous. But this is top info here.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Actually, could you quote the post that explains why there are character on the third pic but not on the first 2? I checked your posts but nio one explains this/.
People keep saying that you unlock characters via the Demo, and that's the reasonable explanation. *shrugs*

Why would you be able to unlock characters in a demo?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom