• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2012 Hype Train (Four-Hour Podcast LINK)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Smashboards! How've you been?

Sure, it has been a while since I have updated my Show Me Your News thread here, but if you were around for the pre-Brawl days, you probably remember how big of a deal that was. So color me surprised when I stop by the Light House and don't see see a thread yet for E3 2012 discussion. Let's remedy that, shall we?

It's going to be an interesting show this year, that's for sure. What does Microsoft have to show, besides more Kinect? Will Sony's continued exclusive games be enough to carry their conference? And of course, how big will the Wii U news blow-out be? So many topics to discuss, so let's all keep it here.

Show Me Your News actually still continues to this day and on May 26th, SamuraiPanda and I took Skype calls from fans to discuss the biggest questions regarding this year's show. If you're looking for TONS of pre-E3 discussion to keep you occupied until the expo, with a bit of original Smashboards lore, look no further than this FOUR-HOUR monstrosity here, dissected into two parts for your listening pleasure: http://www.showmeyournews.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1585

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As am I. I think Microsoft is in a pretty tough spot - sure, they have Halo and Call of Duty for all those fans, but this is the FOURTH E3 that we're still trying to be sold on the potential of Kinect as a supposed great way to play games. And then, of course, there's all the new Xbox Live services they'll want to peddle.

Nintendo and Sony should have GREAT games lined up. I'm not so sure about Microsoft.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Damn, the show's goin to be at 4am for me. Blarg. Ah well.

As for E3, looking forward to what Nintendo does to sell people on the Wii U, as well as their plans for DLC through the 3DS (and Wii U?)

Not expecting much from the other big 2, doubt their next consoles are close to being revealed. Wonder if Sony'll still be trying to sell the Move. Maybe it's just that in general there's very few, if any game adverts on TV in Aus, but I haven't seen them push it much for a fair while.

Still hoping Valve comes out of nowhere with something nice to announce.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm mostly interested in seeing if Nintendo can do a better job at selling me the Wii U this year. I'm hopeful for new consoles from MS and Sony but its more likely that MS will still be trying to convince us that the Kinect was a good idea. As for Sony it will probably be mostly new Vita games.

Like Mic I'm hoping for a nice announcement from Valve. Preferably something with a 3 on the end.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I can't wait to see what kind of news will be revealed about the Wii U. 360 will probably just be Halo 4 and a bunch of kinect crap. I'm interested in what Sony will show.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm most interested in what Nintendo's going to show this year and all the information on the Wii U.

Also, very interested in what Retro is going to show off hopefully the rumored Starfox.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Like everyone else I'm super hyped to hear more about the vitality sensor.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So like I mentioned when I created the thread yesterday, Show Me Your News actually still continues to this day and yesterday, SamuraiPanda and I took Skype calls from fans to discuss the biggest questions regarding this year's show. If you're looking for TONS of pre-E3 discussion to keep you occupied until the expo, with a bit of original Smashboards lore, look no further than this FOUR-HOUR monstrosity here, dissected into two parts for your listening pleasure: http://www.showmeyournews.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1585

Scar86

Smash Cadet
I was excited until I saw Geoff Keighley's twitter announcement

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm most interested in what Nintendo's going to show this year and all the information on the Wii U.
Agreed, the Wii-U will by far steal the show for most people but I'm also interested in what Sony has lined up as well, at least when it comes to their games, maybe some exclusive titles might make it better for there conference.

finalark

SNORLAX
Agreed, the Wii-U will by far steal the show for most people but I'm also interested in what Sony has lined up as well, at least when it comes to their games, maybe some exclusive titles might make it better for there conference.
I think this year Sony's primary focus will be the Vita, since that's their newest thing it makes sense that they'd promote it. I think we'll most likely see new Vita titles and some new features they're planning on bringing to the console.

I doubt we'll see the PS4, the most we'll get is a hint.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How appropriate that Youko makes the E3 thread. I'm sure you don't remember me, but I remember you! Good to see you're still around Youko.

(I watched all of WTFP, **** was so cash)

I am excited about the unveiling of a possible (probable) new Zelda 3DS game. Just read about Injustice: Gods Amongst Us last night and am totally pumped to see more. Annnd, anything Final Fantasy I suppose. Yeah, haven't given E3 much thought this year.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Versus XIII has been in development since what, 2006/7? 5-6 years of development is a while, but it's a side project. Not THE NEXT installment of the series.

finalark

SNORLAX
Versus XIII has been in development since what, 2006/7? 5-6 years of development is a while, but it's a side project. Not THE NEXT installment of the series.
That's still quite a bit of time to be working on a game, even if it is a side project. IMO Square shouldn't be allowed to announce anything unless said announced game will be released by the end of the following year.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I didn't really know where to put this, so I figured this is the best thread to do so. Here's a real-time tech demo from Square-Enix's new engine. Why they didn't show this during any of the E3 conferences is beyond me. The tech demo's called "Agni's Philosophy":

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/06/06/e3-2012-final-fantasy-realtime-demo-is-a-graphical-powerhouse/

For those who aren't fans of Square-Enix games, you have to give them credit for pushing the bar in the visuals department, that's for sure.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Too bad they can't make a decent game with it

At most they'd have an effeminate male protagonist fighting some mega corporation using an illogical weapon and throw in a lot of bizarre plot twists to make the story look deeper than it is. Half way through the hero is going to go all emo because of some kind of dark past.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This is why they need new writers for stories. Cookie-cutting the same formula can only take it so far. Yeah, the cliché ideas are still popular in Japan, but they also need to cater to the western audience more too. I still like the Final Fantasy series, but I want something fresh as opposed to the usual emo bishounen with a female love interest. Granted, Final Fantasy XIII broke from that somewhat with Lightning being a strong female protagonist, it's still something we've seen already, and Snow and Serah's relationship is still that boy-saves-girl scenario anyway.

I guess that's why I like XIII-2, since it breaks from that formula by having Serah as the main protagonist; she's a strong female lead and can get things done, but she's also realistically vulnerable and can succumb to emotions unlike her seemingly apathetic sister, Lightning... if only they could've ended the game on a high note.

Top Bottom