• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E-Shop Bag for Smash: the next Wii Fit Trainer

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Who is the E-Shop Bag?

The E-Shop Bag is the character that appears during the E-Shop loading screens. He made his debut in the 3DS E-Shop when it launched, entertaining those who could grow somewhat impatient when they were waiting.

Why him for Smash?

After looking through DevianArt, I’ve been meaning to create a moveset for him for a while. Granted, I based mine off of others’ movesets, so take mine with a grain of salt.

My Moveset

Intro: The E-Shop bag bows down and faces either direction in front of him.

Notable Palette Swaps: The 3DS internet guide.

Special Moves:

B : Load Barrier; Bag puts the Wii Shop loading circle around him, with the ball rotating on it. This can deflect projectiles and knock back enemies who get close.

B + Forwards : Bit Drop; Bag will create a line from which ten “bits” appear and fall down.

B + Up : Pixel Jump: Bag will high jump off of the 8-bit versions of the blocks from Super Mario Bros., specifically three of them.

B + Down : Gift Bag Kick; Bag will open a gift bag with whatever Switch title you’ve downloaded (save for Demos) and kick it directly in front of him. The more you’ve played that game, the bigger the gift bag and the more damage it deals.

Final Smash: Discount Dump; similar to PK Starstorm, Bag will cover as the icons of the games you’ve downloaded fall down all over the area. The more you’ve played any of the games, the more damage they deal.

Dfreak22’s Moveset: https://dfreak22.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-United-eShop-Bag-547822748

"eShop Bag checks in!"

--SPECIALS--

Standard Special - Load Shield eShop Bag takes a defensive stance as the Wii Loading Symbol forms around him. This move requires precision, as the orbiting sphere can catch projectiles and store them later, similar to Villager. Unlike the Villager, however, the projectiles come out twice as powerful as they went in.

Side Special - Bit Drop A clothesline of "bits" forms above and in front of eShop Bag. The bits then drop starting with the one farthest from eShop Bag. Circles do the least amount of damage, Triangles do medium damage, and Squares do the most damage.

Up Special - Pixel Jump Retro Mario will appear and grab onto eShop Bag. He will then jump up, hitting several blocks as he goes up. Coins will come out of the blocks, and can do damage to anything above them.

Down Special - Gift Box eShop Bag will throw a Gift Box. Halfway through the throw arc, the Gift Box will unwrap, revealing a game you have on your Wii U/3DS system. The more popular the game, the more damage it does.

Final Smash - Discount Mayhem Similar to PK Starstorm from Brawl. eShop Bag will jump into the air, and games you've downloaded on your Wii U/3DS system will fall from the sky. The more popular the game, the larger it will appear and the more damage it will do.

Game Debut: Nintendo eShop (2011)

Trophies Associated with eShop Bag

1. eShop Bag

2. Discount Mayhem (Final Smash)

3. Game Boy/Game Boy Color

4. Game Boy Advance/ Game Boy Advance SP

5. Nintendo DS

6. Nintendo DSi

7. Nintendo 3DS

8. New Nintendo 3DS

9. Nintendo Wii

10. Nintendo Wii U

Goombella's Tattle Log

....is that a shopping bag?

STAGE: Nintendo 3DS Menu

The Nintendo 3DS Menu is a stage made up of ten-to-twelve platforms. The platforms represent different games, which will change everytime depending on the games on your Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS. On the Wii U, this stage will only have the default software found on a brand new 3DS. To unlock different platforms, connect your Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS to your Wii U and the platforms will be unlocked automatically.

Stage Music:

1. 3DS Menu - Nintendo 3DS www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtM0v…

2. Mii Maker - Nintendo 3DS www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lib4y0…

3. Friend List - Nintendo 3DS www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNYlo…

4. Find Mii - Nintendo 3DS www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZnS_H…

5. StreetPass Mii Plaza Theme 1 - Nintendo 3DS www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_KMgh…

6. Main Theme - Nintendo 3DS eShop www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pmeOM…

7. 3D Classics (Main Theme) - Nintendo 3DS www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO50wn…

8. Title Screen - Face Raiders www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnfpPv…

Common Arguments That Would be Used Against Him

“Ugh, why him? He doesn’t look like he can fight at all.”

I can name five characters who don’t normally fight: Peach, Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, R.O.B., and Wii Fit Trainer.

“You do realize this can be used as a joke, right?”

Wii Fit Trainer could be a joke. Villager could be used as a joke. Heck, even Mr. Game and Watch could be used as a joke.

“But he’s an application character, not a video game character. Therefore, he won’t be in Smash.”

We’ve had stages based off Pictochat and Miiverse. I’m sure Sakurai can go th extra mile and add a shopping bag as a character.

“He’s had his time on the 3DS, which is dead. Why not just keep him dead?”

The NES was dead long before Smash 4, and Duck Hunt was a character.

The OP will update constantly whenever needed.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If you have nothing remotely constructive to add, it's not worth replying.
We haven’t gotten Isaac yet, so I see no need to stoop so low for character ideas.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could you post a picture of the character and spruce up your op a bit(looks even better with pictures~)? It's looking a bit interesting as is.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
The 3ds isn’t dead. They still make games for it. That’s like calling the wii dead.

Count me in

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I support the Nintendo 3DS E-Shop Bag for Smash. I thought the Famicom Disc System mascot Diskun would make a good fighter so its easy to imagine the mascot of the 3DS online shop getting in. Heck, they could share a reveal trailer together. :)

Top Bottom