• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E. Gadd's Gallery - Luigi Video and Critique thread

G Gary Green

Smash Cadet
NNID
gbartelloni
3DS FC
1349-7499-6127
Please critique this Luigi. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC9V4aSm8s8
I know he has some bad habits (im trying to get him to stop rolling so much and other thing) but over all I can only teach him so much about the basic mechanics. I want to see what you guys think. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks dawg.

Mileo279

Smash Cadet
the General habits I seen was rolling like you said before he needs to stop smash attacking all the time baggy and too slow. For luigi specifics needs to jump less and sdont use green missile ever only time is occasionally recovering but for me down b and up b are good enough from what I've seen he really did not max out low percent combos but that's about it I guess hope it helps

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Time to liven up a dead page.

Me against Cheezeballer, Spa City 8 Winners finals (DK VS Luigi)

Me against Yosh, Spa City 8 Grand Finals (Yoshi/Charizard VS Luigi)

Older Vids:

Me VS Danbi, Smashdown winners semis (Yoshi VS Luigi)

Me VS Danbi, Smashdown Losers finals (Corrin/Yoshi VS Luigi)

Me VS Cheezeballer, FNA Pools Winners Finals. (DK VS Luigi)

I didn't do very well at FNA 1.3, but that was mostly because of bad luck.

dhif24

Smash Cadet
great stuff monkey arms you are very skilled. can you critique my luigi above your post? thanks

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
great stuff monkey arms you are very skilled. can you critique my luigi above your post? thanks
Uuuuuuh ok lol.

First off, you really need to work on short hop aerials. Then, you have to learn to use them to put pressure on your opponent with correct spacing, and make good punishes with them.
Second, you spend to much of your time you could be spending doing these short hop aerials standing still and waiting for your opponent to make a mistake. In high level play, any sensible person is not going to make unsafe approaches against a Luigi. They would rather force him to approach.

I mean I would put more but in order to really solidly give advice you need to learn the basics of Luigi. I usually see you throwing fireballs, approaching with up smash, and doing some really insignificant grab combos. Until you reach a higher level, there's not much I can explain.

dhif24

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIteK1Je0sg here is a slightly better video

thanks i notice you did alot of short hop dairs, i will try to implement better spacing.

also i have no internet so can only play against friends or cpu, what is a good way for practice?

thanks again fellow weegee

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIteK1Je0sg here is a slightly better video

thanks i notice you did alot of short hop dairs, i will try to implement better spacing.

also i have no internet so can only play against friends or cpu, what is a good way for practice?

thanks again fellow weegee
Level 8 computers seems to work as practice for me. They don't spam air dodge when you try and hit them (basically cheating). So what you see is a bit more realistic than playing level nines.

Never land with dair, land with nair instead. It has much safer landing lag than dair so only use dair if you aren't hitting the ground with it. On luma, when its in hitstun, you might as well just spam up smash to keep it in hitstun as long as possible. Try to cover your opponents landing with aerials as opposed to up smash, until higher percents. This gives you much more options than what a plain old up smash will. You're also throwing several fireballs right in your opponents face, work on that.

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
Hi everyone, I'm new here. ^^

I did a JV3 to a good player after approximately 5 matches and I had to learn a bit what was his playstyle, I think he mains Ike. Could you say me if I'm that good and if that victory was deserved ? I know that there was a bit of lag as it can happen in some battles.

Here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqBqChEQbUI

Thank you ! ^^

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Hi everyone, I'm new here. ^^

I did a JV3 to a good player after approximately 5 matches and I had to learn a bit what was his playstyle, I think he mains Ike. Could you say me if I'm that good and if that victory was deserved ? I know that there was a bit of lag as it can happen in some battles.

Here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqBqChEQbUI

Thank you ! ^^
It wasn't bad by any means, but its hard to judge gameplay that's one sided.

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
Oh, I see, maybe next time I should post a video where I'm actually in bad situations.

Anyway, thank you for the advice. =)

LiamOnScreen

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, today I have a new video talking about Luigi, hes a personal favourite of mine and I really like playing as him! Please let me know what you think:

Top Bottom