• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dynasty Warriors' Zhao Yun Charges through the Battlefield!

D

Deleted member

First Appearance: Dynasty Warriors (February 28, 1997)
Latest Appearance: Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate (December 2019)
1567880388696.png

Render from Dynasty Warriors 9
What is Dynasty Warriors?

Originally a 3D Weapon Based Fighting Game, Dynasty Warriors is an Action Hack-and-Slash game developed by Omega-Force and published by Koei. The series is based off of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel, which is set near the end of the Han Dynasty through the Three Kingdoms period of China. As mentioned before, Dynasty Warriors started off as a 3D fighting game exclusive to the PS1 and was named Sangoku Musou in Japan. By the time the PS2 was coming around, Dynasty Warriors director, Akihiro Suzuki, was working on a direct sequel to the series that was going to stay as a fighting game but was instead changed into the Hack-and-Slash game it is today. This would lead to the series being called Shin Sangoku Musou in Japan while being called Dynasty Warriors 2 in the west for brand recognition. Since then, Dynasty Warriors has 9 mainline entries, 5 Xtreme Legends expansions, 5 Empires Installments, and various spinoffs such as Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce and Dynasty Warriors Mahjong. The series has also sprung various Warriors franchises/titles such as Samurai Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5 Scramble, and so on.

Who is Zhao Yun?

Zhao Yun was a general who served under Shu as 1 of Liu Bei's right hand men. He is often portrayed as a warrior of virtue and justice, and in folklore, he is praised as 1 of the Five Tiger Generals of Shu. Zhao Yun has appeared in various battles such as the Battle of Xu Province, Battle of Chibi, Battle of Yiling, and so on, but the battle with his most defining feat was the Battle of Changban where he lone charged into the battlefield against the mass numbers of Wei's army to rescue Liu Bei's son, Liu Shan.

Why Zhao Yun?

Aside from Koei-Tecmo's work with various Nintendo IPs over the years, he is the poster boy of Dynasty Warriors and 1 of the most popular characters of the series in Japan. While there are other potential candidates that could also rep Dynasty Warriors like Liu Bei, Gaun Yu, Xiahou Dun, Cao Cao, Sun Quan, Sima Yi, Lu Bu, Wang Yuanji, and many more, Zhao Yun is considered the "main hero" by Omega-Force as he was known to charge the battlefield by himself against thousands of soldiers. To simply put, he defines what the series is mostly about: mowing through enemies by the numbers and completing objectives.

But wait! He existed in real life! Doesn't that mean he's a non-video game character and would make him ineligible for Smash?

Dynasty Warriors has an interesting case in this regard. While it is true that the series is based off of both ancient Chinese history and the ROTK novel, Dynasty Warriors has always been a video game franchise since the very beginning, and there are no known licensing issues hindering their chances in Smash as they are public domain. The Zhao Yun from Dynasty Warriors is also Koei-Tecmo's interpretation of the character and is distinct enough to be more of a video game character than any non-video game character from licensed anime and comic franchises.

What would he bring to Smash?

Unlike any character in Ultimate, Zhao Yun wields a spear, and if he were to be in Ultimate, he would be Smash's first spear-based fighter. If you want an idea of what his moveset might look like in Smash, here are a few videos of Zhao Yun in Dynasty Warriors:
As for a stage, there are a bunch of potential stages for Smash like the Battle of Hulao Gate or Battle of Fan Castle. However, if there was 1 stage that would best rep Dynasty Warriors, it would be the Battle of Chibi as it was the very first battle where Shu, Wu, and Wei all participated in and marked the End of the Han Dynasty.
1567880451719.png

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
He's not my first pick for a Warriors character (see my signature), but it would be cool if he got in. Does he have a move where he rapidly thrusts his spear repeatedly? I like when spears do that.

D

Deleted member

He's not my first pick for a Warriors character (see my signature), but it would be cool if he got in. Does he have a move where he rapidly thrusts his spear repeatedly? I like when spears do that.
Zhao Yun actually does a lot more swings with his spear than he does with thrusts, but he does indeed do rapid thrusts with his storm rush move in DW8 (skip to 4:45 in that video to see it).

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Ehh, why not? I guess we could go for a Warriors character for Smash. They gotta put in some music from the Dynasty Warriors series, especially DW2, DW3, DW4, and DW5. Both originals and new remixes. I’d love to hear Smash remixes of Lu Bu’s Theme, Arena, Superior, and others. (I’ll let you know when I think of others)

They should use this as Zhao Yun’s Victory Theme: https://youtu.be/4kES1OnytoQ

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ehh, why not? I guess we could go for a Warriors character for Smash. They gotta put in some music from the Dynasty Warriors series, especially DW2, DW3, DW4, and DW5. Both originals and new remixes. I’d love to hear Smash remixes of Lu Bu’s Theme, Arena, Superior, and others. (I’ll let you know when I think of others)

They should use this as Zhao Yun’s Victory Theme: https://youtu.be/4kES1OnytoQ
Lu Bu's Theme remixed in Smash is the main thing that needs to happen if Dynasty Warriors is in Smash, and it'd be a huge missed opportunity if they didn't do one considering his theme has always been present in every Musou game Lu Bu's in (I also want to make a Lu Bu support thread sometime but it probably would be a bit shorter than Zhao Yun's and I don't have as much free time as I used to).

Arena has to be the main theme of Dynasty Warriors and needs to be played during Zhao Yun's trailer. Other than Lu Bu's theme, it's the most iconic BGM of the entire series. It has a remix in DW8, Warriors All Stars, WO4, and there's even a remix for Omega-Force's 20th Anniversary special.

Superior's a fun track. It may not be as iconic as the other 2, but I'd love to hear this song remixed in Smash.

Victory Jubilee will definitely be the victory theme for Dynasty Warriors. The jingle itself lasts about 6 seconds long, which most of the victory themes in Ultimate are around there.

As for remixes I want to see, well I don't really know which tracks I want to see remixed in Smash cause a lot of them are amazing enough for me to want the original versions in Smash like Men of Intelligence, Crush'em All, and Solo, but if I were to choose a handful of tracks to remix, I'd go with Welcome to China, Thousand Suns, and the themes of each Kingdom: Wei, Wu, Shu, and Jin.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Before we get a Warriors character, I kinda would like to see Ryu Hayabusa get into Smash first.

D

Deleted member

Before we get a Warriors character, I kinda would like to see Ryu Hayabusa get into Smash first.
I don't care too much about which Koei-Tecmo character is added to Smash first; so long as it's either Hayabusa, a Musou character like Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada, or even Ryza from the Atelier series, I'd be the most hyped up about a reveal ever.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I would also like to see either Yukimura Sanada or Nobunaga Oda get into Smash, as well, with music from the Samurai Warriors series, especially SW1 and SW2. Both originals and new remixes, like I said before. I’d love to hear Smash remixes of Okehazama, Anegawa, Kawanakajima, Mikatagahara, Nagashino, Osaka Castle, City of Flowers, Honnoji, Tadakatsu Honda’s Theme, and others.

This should be Yukimura Sanada’s/Nobunaga Oda’s victory theme: https://youtu.be/OUd3m3mUYi8

BTW They should let Mahito Yokota do at least one Dynasty Warriors remix for Smash.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
A lot of people have been speculating the potential of a Koei-Techmo character for over a year and always seem to go for Ryu Hayabusa, but I really think that Dynasty Warrior's Zhao Yun has a better shot to be honest.

Looking at the history of the company, Romance of the Three Kingdoms is central to their success. Koei was initially famous for Nobunaga's Ambition as one of the earliest grand strategy games in 1983, later they would make a new strategy game set during the 3 kingdoms era of Han China called Romance of the Three Kingdoms in 1985. The series has been financially successful and continuous, selling about the same as the Ninja Gaiden series and released it's 14 entry in 2020. The series is a classic in Japan and a pioneer of the grand strategy genre, but despite this Zhao Yun is not particularly important, just one of many characters in the game.

In 2000, a spin-off series for Romance of the Three Kingdoms was released called a hack and slash game called Dynasty Warriors 2 developed by Omega Force (Dynasty Fighters 1 was an unsuccessful fighting game). Dynasty Warriors would become Koei-Techmo's most popular and profitable franchise and creating the "Musou" genre, hack and slash combat against mass amounts of enemies while also borrowing tactical elements of its mother series. Omega Force would go on to create more spin-off of the series itself, Samurai warriors that adapts the combat for a Japanese setting, Warriors Orochi a crossover game franchise between Dynast warriors and Samurai warriors, and Warriors all-stars which is a smash bros. like crossover of all Koei-Techmo's franchises with Musou gameplay.

To reiterate the popularity of the series and the genre it has created, The Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, and now Persona all have Musou type spin-off games in recent years. Additionally, Fist of the North Star, One Piece, and Gundam have all received multiple games in this genre made by Omega Force.

Not only does this series have roots all the way back to the very start of gaming, but it has found great and continued success in the 21st century as well, I think it would be wise for the speculation community to keep an eye on it, even if it is more niche in western markets. It has a total of 9 mainline games and even a movie that released in China in 2019.
- - - - -

Now on to Zhao Yun himself, who is he? Zhao Yun is just one of many characters in Romance of the Three Kingdoms, while he is based on a mythical historical figure, the prominence and characterization he receives is unique to the video games. He has become the poster-boy of the series itself, featured on nearly all its promotional content and topping many of Koei-Techmo's Dynasty warriors popularity polls. Even for the Koei-Techmo crossover game Zhao Yun takes center stage.

Now I won’t try to lie to you, I personally have very little experience with the Dynasty Warriors series myself, so I cannot adequately give a proper idea of his character and his abilities besides knowing that he is supposed to be an honorable and loyal warrior who is able to decimate entire armies with spear. If someone with more experience with the series could give more in-depth explanation of how a Musou move-set might be adapted into Smash that would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member

Quoting myself from the Speculation Thread:
I may not be great at moveset concepts, but I certainly got 1 in mind for any DW rep in particular.

In DW8, each character has 6 normal attacks, and with the first 5 attacks, they can be followed up by a charge attack. A concept I had in mind was that a DW character in Smash would have between 4 to 6 regular jabs but each of them with the exception of the last can be followed up by a unique attack either by pressing B or holding A.

As for Zhao Yun specifically, he has a couple of moves that can easily fit with Smash. For example, he has a special attack where he can launch himself forward with a slash kinda like Shulk's back slash which could be used for his side B or his neutral B if pressed twice (if we're considering his neutral special is his basic charge attack). There's also a weapon switching attack where he swings his spear and launches it upward diagonally which could be used for his down B (although he wouldn't be able to switch to another weapon btw) and an attack where he spirals upwards with his spear which could be used for his up B.

Final Smashes could definitely be his Musou attacks. 1 of them is called Flying Dragon where he spirals forward with his spear surrounded by cyan aura causing multiple hits. Another Musou attack he has is an aerial attack called Dragon Wave where he throws his spear downwards causing a shockwave to the ground which could be a secondary Final Smash when he's in the air. If they wanted to keep on with giving DLC characters cutscenes in their Final Smashes, Zhao Yun also has a Musou attack called Heavenly Dragon Wave involving a flurry of slashes and also a rage Musou but I don't know how that would be set up in cinematic fashion. Otherwise, they could just make a move up like having every playable Shu character show up with Zhao Yun giving a super strong strike or something.

This is only for his DW8 appearance btw since Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition (long name I know) was ported to the Switch and I don't know much about DW9 aside from it being considered the worst installment of the entire franchise and wasn't ported to the Switch. Here's a video showing his moveset in the game so you could at least see what I was talking about:

Also DW8 Xtreme Legends is 1 of the best DW games out there, so I'd easily recommend it. I heard the Switch port comes with all the DLC in it which is mostly cosmetic but costs somewhere around $190 USD (yes Koei-Tecmo were that insane with DLC pricing as they are now).

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Quoting myself from the Speculation Thread:

Also DW8 Xtreme Legends is 1 of the best DW games out there, so I'd easily recommend it. I heard the Switch port comes with all the DLC in it which is mostly cosmetic but costs someone around $190 USD (yes Koei-Tecmo were that insane with DLC pricing as they are now).
Thanks for the help!

I might make a move-set for him sometime. Just from a glance he reminds me of Soul Calibur's Kilik on steroids, lots of weak but rapid hitting disjoints. Having a special mechanic with the jabs would be a lot of fun.

Btw, what would you personally want as music from the series?

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the help!

Btw, what would you personally want as music from the series?
Oh there's a lot to go on about in terms of music. There's an earlier post on here listing a couple of tracks, but other than those mentioned on that post like Arena and Theme of Lu Bu, here's 3 tracks from each installment from 3 to 9 that I'd love to hear in Smash:

DW9:
Rainwater
Cry & Slash
Gaze at the Fate

DW8:
Capricious Wind
Cyclonized Typhoon
Who is Justice

DW7:
Male Roar

Entrusted Hope
The Last Battle

DW6:
Slash the Demon
Oriental Rush
Chaotic Field

DW5:
Great Red Spirit
The King of Sadness
Swordmen in the Plain

DW4:
The Wall of Fate
Verge of Dispair
In Full Bloom

DW3:
Sacred Ground

Jump Into the Battlefield
Against All Odds

There's a lot more I want in, so I hope if a Dynasty Warriors rep is in Vol 2 Koei-Tecmo are okay with having as much music in Smash as SNK was.

D

Deleted member

Apologies for the double post, but Ima quote myself from my Lu Bu thread from an hour ago:

A couple of days ago, Koei-Tecmo launched a website for the 20th Anniversary of Shin Sangoku Musou which goes through the history of the games (from Dynasty Warriors 2 and beyond) and teases a new project coming this year.

With this year being the anniversary of the series, it would be a pretty convenient time for a Dynasty Warriors character in Smash
The question for now is will Nintendo request Koei-Tecmo for the Dragon of Changban to appear in Smash?

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I would also like to see either Yukimura Sanada or Nobunaga Oda get into Smash, as well, with music from the Samurai Warriors series, especially SW1 and SW2. Both originals and new remixes, like I said before. I’d love to hear Smash remixes of Okehazama, Anegawa, Kawanakajima, Mikatagahara, Nagashino, Osaka Castle, City of Flowers, Honnoji, Tadakatsu Honda’s Theme, and others.
Speaking of Nobunaga, in case anybody’s interested, I made a Smashboards thread of him. Here it is: https://smashboards.com/threads/its...-enters-the-battlefield.505538/#post-23976666

I also made a Smashboards thread of Yukimura. Here it is: https://smashboards.com/threads/no-enemy-shall-ever-surpass-me-yukimura-sanada.505560/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Koei-Tecmo are holding a survey for Dynasty Warriors' 20th Anniversary which lasts until the 19th, and the image on display is basically Zhao Yun's renders from DW2 to DW9:

1594204189973.png

Yep. He's our fellow poster boy alright.

You can find the survey here in case you wanted to fill in, but it's mostly in Japanese: https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/smusou20th

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
Koei-Tecmo are holding a survey for Dynasty Warriors' 20th Anniversary which lasts until the 19th, and the image on display is basically Zhao Yun's renders from DW2 to DW9:

View attachment 277684

Yep. He's our fellow poster boy alright.

You can find the survey here in case you wanted to fill in, but it's mostly in Japanese: https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/smusou20th
He really would be the one to make it in, huh? I think it'd be really cool to have a spear user for a change.

It's probably between him and Hayabusa. I do hope Tecmo Koei gets something.

D

Deleted member

He really would be the one to make it in, huh? I think it'd be really cool to have a spear user for a change.
Pretty much. However, with Min Min being chosen over Springman and Ribbing Girl, it is possible for it to not be him. There's Lu Bu since he's 1 of the most iconic characters of Dynasty Warriors, and there's also the possibility of a popular female character chosen over those 2 since KT tends to favor having female characters in their games.

Then again, ARMS has only 1 entry in the series while Dynasty Warriors has a lot of entries, so Zhao Yun may be the most preferable character chosen since he's the face of the franchise.

It's probably between him and Hayabusa. I do hope Tecmo Koei gets something.
Since Koei-Tecmo only has Fatal Frame content in Smash and nothing else post-launch, it sure does make me wonder if there's something planned for Ultimate or Nintendo left them off the cards. Eventually, we'll find out as time goes by.

D

Deleted member

The English version of the Dynasty Warriors survey is up.

I filled out the survey. The wallpapers aren't much to talk about since it's Zhao Yun's DW2 through DW9 renders once again but rearranged with a gold background, but regardless, I did it just for the sake of it. August 3rd might be a day to keep an eye out for in regards to what new project Omega-Force has planned for Dynasty Warriors' 20th Anniversary.

D

Deleted member

Though it may be the 4th in Japan as I post this, it's Dynasty Warriors' 20th Anniversary today. Here's a few tweets from BlackKite on the occasion:

Koei-Tecmo also uploaded a video on the occasion as well:

D

Deleted member

The Dynasty Warriors livestream went live a couple of hours ago, and they unveiled their 2 game reveals.

1 was an official Dynasty Warriors mobile game (which isn't the 1 that's being made by Tencent in China), and the other was Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires.

Here's some notes on DW9:E:

-releasing early 2021 on all platforms including the Switch
-will have Castle Siege battles, Political interactions, and Character Customization
-won't have open world
-Character Creation is based on Nioh 2's and can edit body parts and costume parts in more detail

Personally, I'm pretty excited. The Empires games are honestly really fun, and I 100%'d DW8:E a couple years back. Character Creation being based on Nioh 2's is a huge improvement over the last couple of Empires titles. It's a bit of a shame that Omega-Force decided to drop Open World cause it could have so much potential for an Empires game, but considering the Open World itself was also what people hated about DW9, I guess it makes sense. I'm curious to see how it runs on the Switch thoe.

Mr. MR

Smash Apprentice
It's a shame they wont make an Empires with an open world but seeing the push back from 9, I think they are playing safe. Part of me thinks they decided to do it to make the Switch port easier.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I support. I would like any Dynasty Warrior rep as the characters in general seem great. Plus either way we would get some bangin' music alongside a rep and a cool stage.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
add me in as a supporter, although I really don't want Koei to be represented by Hayabusa I still hold up my hope for a Dynasty Warriors first as a representation because Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors is the proof of Koei's close connection to Nintendo and 2 of them adapted the Musou gameplay. Oh! don't forget about Persona 5 Scramble.

D

Deleted member

BlackKite posted a twitter thread translating a few parts of an interview with DW's producer Akihiro Suzuki, and I wanted to share this bit since I thought it was interesting as it could pertain to the potential of Dynasty Warriors being added to Smash.

1604961331686.png

"It may be even said that DW8 is the representative game of Dynasty Warriors"

This comment makes me think if Smash were to include Dynasty Warriors the character design and stage for a rep would be based from DW8 instead of DW9. If it turns out to be the case, I'm alright with that. DW8 was overall the best game out of the rest, so you can't go wrong with that.

Here's the link to the full interview, though it's in Japanese: https://dengekionline.com/articles/55528/

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Yo! I think you guys already heard that there is a spirit event about Age of Calamity involving Young Impa, Terrako and Kohga as the spirit.

So I've been theory crafting lately and during it I found a strange similarities on Koei Tecmo's recent activity, other than the announcement of Atelier Ryza they seems to announced 3 Musou game back to back (first, as you may all know is Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is announced on September 8 2020 and released in November 20 2020. Second is the Empire adaptation of Dynasty Warriors 9 which was announced September 27 2020 on TGS2020 and promised to be released sometime in early 2021. And third is actually not too long ago and that is Persona 5 Strikers which was announced on December 8 2020 and will be released sometime in February 2021.) Notice the pattern?

It seems that Koei-Tecmo is probably indirectly teasing us that the character is coming closer and closer and people expecting that it's an advantage for Hayabusa and Hayabusa only!! While this could be applied to any and I mean any Koei-Tecmo Character it's obvious where they headed.:cool:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo! I think you guys already heard that there is a spirit event about Age of Calamity involving Young Impa, Terrako and Kohga as the spirit.

So I've been theory crafting lately and during it I found a strange similarities on Koei Tecmo's recent activity, other than the announcement of Atelier Ryza they seems to announced 3 Musou game back to back (first, as you may all know is Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is announced on September 8 2020 and released in November 20 2020. Second is the Empire adaptation of Dynasty Warriors 9 which was announced September 27 2020 on TGS2020 and promised to be released sometime in early 2021. And third is actually not too long ago and that is Persona 5 Strikers which was announced on December 8 2020 and will be released sometime in February 2021.) Notice the pattern?

It seems that Koei-Tecmo is probably indirectly teasing us that the character is coming closer and closer and people expecting that it's an advantage for Hayabusa and Hayabusa only!! While this could be applied to any and I mean any Koei-Tecmo Character it's obvious where they headed.:cool:
Koei-Tecmo generally makes Musou games like 2 - 3 times per year. Even as a Dynasty Warriors fan, there really isn't much weight to this other than Omega-Force seemingly on the Musou grind all the time.

Though I will say it's still wild how people are generally unaware about Dynasty Warriors in regards to Smash after all this time with all these releases.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Koei-Tecmo generally makes Musou games like 2 - 3 times per year. Even as a Dynasty Warriors fan, there really isn't much weight to this other than Omega-Force seemingly on the Musou grind all the time.
Wait, since when did this happen? Did 2018-2019 they do this too?

D

Deleted member

Wait, since when did this happen? Did 2018-2019 they do this too?
Is it always a yearly release, like every once a year there is a Musou game?
They've been doing this for like over a decade lol.

They don't pump out Dynasty Warriors games yearly, but they do make a good amount of other Musou games like Samurai Warriors and One Piece Pirate Warriors. Take a look at the the release timeline on Omega Force's Wikipedia page for instance and you'll see the list of games they've made from year to year.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Question about the Warriors series, is the Nobunaga's Ambition game connected to Samurai Warriors or just a different game on its own?

D

Deleted member

Question about the Warriors series, is the Nobunaga's Ambition game connected to Samurai Warriors or just a different game on its own?
They both share the same characters and timeline, but it's a completely different game of its own much like how the ROTK games are completely different to Dynasty Warriors.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
It's really weird that I only just find that out just now, I mean it's been years when I'm up to date with Dynasty Warriors cause I can't keep it up when I don't have the latest gen console. I mean the other Koei-Tecmo franchise that has been consistently throughout the years is the Atelier series so it wasn't that far off.

D

Deleted member

You know it's pretty funny to see people watch the Samurai Warriors 5 reveal as it's going on and their first thought was "Dynasty Warriors?". You'd think people recognizing Dynasty Warriors would also make them think it's possible for the series to get a Challenger Pack, but the thought still flies over their heads.

Other than that, I'm kinda surprised DW9E wasn't shown off given it's supposed to come out sooner than both SW5 and the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection, but I guess KT are going to save that for New Game+ Expo since it's a multi-platform game for all gens.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Not much but it's good to see PushDustIn give a trivia about Pyra/Mythra and at the same time highlighted Dynasty Warriors. It's pretty random for him to post this since this is rather obscure.. or is it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not much but it's good to see PushDustIn give a trivia about Pyra/Mythra and at the same time highlighted Dynasty Warriors. It's pretty random for him to post this since this is rather obscure.. or is it?
PushDustin's Smash Facts thing are submitted to him IICR, so this was pretty specific to hear about. I looked up Shimoji to see what other VA roles she's been in, and she seems relatively new to the scene with Mythra being her biggest VA role within the gaming industry so far. She also has another major role in the upcoming Tales game as well.

In other news, DW9:E was delayed:

That would explain why no major news on DW9:E came out after the reveal, and there's no estimate release date for now.

Top Bottom