• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dynasty Battles 6: Mystic Square Results - 12/7/2014

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Tourney Thread - http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...6-mystic-square-ft-brawl-pm-a-c-world.359223/

Tourney Archive - http://www.twitch.tv/acgamesonline/b/546902479

Brawl Singles: 23 People Entered

http://i.imgur.com/PwtkWhx.png

$10 Entry Fee

1. [B~Town] V115 ($132) - :zerosuitsamus:

2. [B~Town] Chris Fisch ($66) -:metaknight:/:diddy:

3. [T.T.D] [B~Town] EMG l Blacktwins13 - :yoshi2:/:popo:/:fox:/:falco:/:marth:

4. Poke -:dk2:/:falco:/:luigi2:

5. Blueberry Kong -:dk2:/:rob:

5. [B~Town] Ryoko - :zerosuitsamus:

7. InleDaKid -:marth:/:rob:

7. EMG l Blitz -:metaknight:/:ike:/:diddy:/:falco:

9. No~M - :toonlink:

9. Astro - :lucario:

9. [B~Town] AK - :marth:

9. [B~Town] KillerAP - :popo:

13. Jerk - :diddy:

13. Helldew - :pikachu2:

13. Chaz - :olimar:

13. Jazz - :luigi2:

17. White - :lucario:

17. TRM77 - :fox:

17. Cargular - :??:

17. Doof - :peach:

17. P$ - :pikachu2:

17. Jen - :toonlink:

17. NekoNekoXD - :snake:

Brawl Doubles: 7 Teams Entered

http://i.imgur.com/kI0htnt.png

$20 Entry Fee (Per Team)

1. [B~Town] V115 + [T.T.D] [B~Town] EMG l Blacktwins ($84) - :zerosuitsamus:/:ness2:+:lucas:/:zerosuitsamus:

2. [B~Town] Chris Fisch + InleDaKid ($42) -:metaknight:/:diddy:+:marth:

3. Poke + Blueberry Kong ($14) -:metaknight:/:dk2:/:warioc: +:dk2:

4. [B~Town] KillerAP + [B~Town] AK -:metaknight:+:marth:

5. [B~Town] EMG l Blitz + [B~Town] Ryoko -:metaknight:+:zerosuitsamus:

5. Stef + P$ - :dedede:+ :pikachu2:

7. [B~Town] Jen + Astro - :toonlink:+:lucario:

Project M Singles - 32 People Entered

http://i.imgur.com/iNxjt0f.png

$10 Entry Fee

1. EMG l Weon X ($192) - :foxmelee:/:diddy:
2. Hammertime ($96) - :lucas:
3. 420 l Coffeeblack ($32) - :dedede:/:falconmelee:
4. 420 l Hello - :squirtle:/:zeldamelee:/:toonlink:/:sheikmelee:
5. EMG l Blitz - :ike:
5. Percon - :zeldamelee:

7. TanTaco - :kirbymelee:

7. Mikarugi -:charizard:

9. Jamrun - :peachmelee:

9. RelaxAlax - :ganondorfmelee:

9. Bellocan - :wolf:

9. Rongunshu - :lucario:

13. Arachnid - :??:

13. Art - :bowsermelee:

13. JustNo1 - :??:

13. Garret - :??:

17. Milan - :??:

17. SaltySteve - :??:

17. Chaz - :??:

17. NTR - :??:

17. Nuffles -

17. 0AK - :??:

17. Axl - :??:

17. Zax0 - :??:

25. Logan - :??:

25. TRM77 - :??:

25. Dominator125 - :??:

25. BC Hero - :foxmelee:/:roymelee:

25. Nova - :??:

25. Cargular - :??:

25. H1N1 - :??:

25. A Passing Flock Of Sausages - :??:

"Amateur Bracket" : 10 People Entered

http://i.imgur.com/WItgtrT.png
1. Helldew ($5) - :pikachu2:

2. Astro (Free drink) -:lucario:

3. [B~Town] AK (Free Drink ) -:marth:

4. Jerk -:diddy:

5. P$ - :pikachu2:

5. [B~Town] KillerAP -:metaknight:

7. Chaz -:olimar:

7. [B~Town] Jen -:toonlink:/:diddy:

9. EMG l Weon~X -:metaknight:

9. No~M - :toonlink:

- If I put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :??: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly.

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Only Ike in Project M, and I used Falco as well in Brawl. I'll do shoutouts when I get home

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Shoutouts:

V115: Congrats on first, and thanks for the advice. I'd say we should have got some friendlies in but you were busy getting first Kappa
Chris: Thanks for the Diddy ditto and tips, I plan to use him a lot more often than I did at this event.
Blacktwins: Brackets ran smooth, tournament was fun and organized thanks to you, should get in friendlies
Poke: Thanks for the ICs friendlies, and my Ike wouldn't be improving if it weren't for the perspective you taught me on reads.
Blueberry Kong: I saw you putting people in boxes... keep up the good work dude.
Ryoko: Trash talk aside, it was a good set. Next time I'll warm up my Falco beforehand, and bust out my Diddy, so you better watch out ;)
Inle: Didn't get to see you play a whole lot, but I'm definitely a fan of the Marth and hope to see it progress!
No~M: Again, sorry for going MK/Halberd, game 1 scurred me XD Your Toonlink is sick though, hope to see you come out more!
Astro: We need more friendlies; Lucario scares me at the ledge D: thank you for gracing us with your presence Armoses
AK: Didn't get to play you either; definitely need to get in some friendlies since I need some Marth tips nahmean ;)
KillerAP: Should not have beat you. If we play in bracket again and you go ICs, you better not be dropping those grabs!
Jerk: Didn't get to play you, but next time I'll try and Diddy ditto you :p
Helldew: You may have bopped me in doubles friendlies, but I assure you and your little yellow rat are getting bopped next time we play ;)
White: Didn't get to see you play in singles, would have liked to see how you played outside of dubs :( Next time though
Jen: Didn't get a chance for friendlies, but at least I learned you also don't like Frederick in FE:A :p

Weon-x: Didn't see much of your sets, but the Diddy looked hype, keep up the good work. Once I learn my trouble match ups I'll be seeing you in grand finals.
Hammertime: Didn't see much of you either, definitely would have enjoyed a set against your spastic godlike Lucas.
Coffeeblack: I need to learn to cut off your approaches and avoid getting read; your Falcon is so sick. Next time though, we'll see.
Hello: Used to hate Squirtle, now I know the matchup is doable. Looking forward to the rematch next week!
TanTaco: Did not expect the swallowcide; kept it so close game 2... Not happening against :p
Percon: Brawl Zelda glitch was sick; but your Zelda in itself is pretty amazing!
Rongunshu: Thanks for telling me my DI was poor on your one throw; literally thought I wasn't doing it fast enough. Good stuff placing 9th!
Bellocan: I have a friend who was thinking of learning Wolf; if he makes it out, you gotta show him stuff, cause yours is pretty sick dude! Grats on 9th!
Relax Alex: I love the Ganondorf matchup; easily one of my best and favourite ones. Yours was pretty slick, keep it up!

Everyone I didn't mention: this has been loooong enough, if we played it was a pleasure, if we didn't then maybe next time.
Super happy with how I placed in singles for both games; a few minor errors cost me games/sets, but thats the nature of a close game, see you all later

(lolatwalloftextbecauseIwriteinessayformat)

Last edited:

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
GGs to everyone I played, was a lot of fun!

P.S. I used Superman in Street Fighter doubles and Peter Pan in Injustice singles. Please update tyvm.

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
my set with armen was too close but I think I learned a lot about the Lucario mu. ggs to every1 i played

also, shoutouts to poke for teaming with me and doing work with the double dk.

Last edited:

TanTaco

Smash Rookie
we'll see how many more kirbycides i get if i see you in singles bracket sunday. looking forward to doubles in pm blitz, let's get some money

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I was a little salty I couldn't clutch out the set vs poke in losers sure i would have won if i didnt drop game one Zzz.
Oh well at least i took a game off of him for the first time since 1973 on delphino vs his MK.
Blitz bro you can warm up that falco but its the future best Zss in the world your trying to take on Ill body you on FD anyday ;).
Trolling aside you did well but when you taunted me you gave your self a small vote of overconfidence which led to you losing game 2 ;p.

Nick Riddles Rule is is you have a chance to think about the fact that you are winning or have a lead you will become complacent and give your opponents a chance to come back or retake momentum from you.

Your laser game was fine but you needed to do more Run off to jump back on the stage and turn around double laser whenever i'm crawling to bide my time. (walking up and Fsmashing was working because my timing for dtilt was terrible.)

As for your Mk you did fine except you let me punish you for free when you did dumb **** + that time when you ran off the stage after hitting me and just grabbed the ledge you shouldn't have just held on because i had both down b and jump which allowed me to just nair you off the ledge and re-tether. Your best option there is to just let me tether and drop down and nair or if your feeling like Chris Fisch try to time your jumps and down air camp me repeatedly off the tether till im out of jump/down b and regrab the ledge.

@astronaut Good set and sorry i came back for revenge, I had no other choice but to use my limit break "King Yosh the Bosh In the 4th 3rd corner" I already lost a set to you this PR season and if I lost another to you I would be booted off indefinitely...At least I told my self that. I started baiting you to doing things like down airs and wasting fully charged Aura spheres because I couldn't deal with them at the time, (Pro tip Ryoko is FREE as **** vs campy chars).
Tips for next time your fairs were really good but stop trying to gimp me with fair when I'm off stage because you should know this by now I was offically Vishals understudy so I learned the gruelingly hard way to save my jump.

Another thing which will probably **** me over for my next set with you, When you launch me off and you have that full aura sphere and you know i'm going to just go low and tether maybe throw out the aura sphere and then run to the ledge because you might force me to just try to super spike you (which will be next to impossible if I don't have a jump)
Lastly I was murdering you when i could because of your Yolo Fsmashes and Down smashes try to use them better and not just as a GTFO ***** tool.

@Doof You played pretty solidly from what i could tell although I was running on the " I just got bodied in doubles " demoralization debuff.
your peach was pretty legit for someone I haven't seen at many tournies there were a few errors you made while recovering which I hope you learned from. Maybe try to stop side-Bing back to the Ledge when your at that height, I know you can stage spike if people get greedy but I literally landed a charged downsmash on you doing that 5 times(granted i used the wrong footstool edgeguard method)
I told you this already I think but remember to get rid of Zss's suit pieces and try not to use the turnips in such a way that she can just catch and glide toss them for positioning her self better. BF is no the stage you want to counter pick ZSS to because she has better platform pressure then peach does and honestly if you really wanted a janky stage you could go to maybe delphino or Lylat (lylat destroys suit piece game usually because of the curved slopes)

Sorry for the TL; DR johns this post is gonna cause but I will probably help people i've beaten in bracket to make my life more of a hell than it currently is.

Lastly 1. Blacktwins that was really dumb of me to let you take me to FD With falco but even still I got you to one stock eventually losing and letting the BIRDMAN get that Kawaii *****. Bro game 2 you let me super spike your marth xD.

2. I will be trying to do a lot of money matches at smash fests and tournies for brawl I'm Looking to get exp for the following match ups.
My Zss VS : Falco , MK ,Snake , IC's ,Diddy , Marth , DK
If anyone has anytips for these that they can ever give me after watching my matches ether via stream or witnessing at tournies let me know asap :)
Nice tournament I'll see you guys at the next <3.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ xBlitz xBlitz a few last things for the falco matchup bro. If you double laser at anytime I can automatically throw a suit piece at you for free. falcos down air is beaten by zss up smash and if your at 42% I can dash attack lock you.
If zss dash attacks your shield you get a free downsmash.

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
@ xBlitz xBlitz a few last things for the falco matchup bro. If you double laser at anytime I can automatically throw a suit piece at you for free. falcos down air is beaten by zss up smash and if your at 42% I can dash attack lock you.
If zss dash attacks your shield you get a free downsmash.
Thanks, and yeah my MK is honestly terrible, I'll probably save him for dubs where I don't need to play the patient game. Also I'll mm you with my Diddy since I actually want to try my hand at the MU, and if I keep improving it'll be my go to character.

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
@Doof You played pretty solidly from what i could tell although I was running on the " I just got bodied in doubles " demoralization debuff.
your peach was pretty legit for someone I haven't seen at many tournies there were a few errors you made while recovering which I hope you learned from. Maybe try to stop side-Bing back to the Ledge when your at that height, I know you can stage spike if people get greedy but I literally landed a charged downsmash on you doing that 5 times(granted i used the wrong footstool edgeguard method)
I told you this already I think but remember to get rid of Zss's suit pieces and try not to use the turnips in such a way that she can just catch and glide toss them for positioning her self better. BF is no the stage you want to counter pick ZSS to because she has better platform pressure then peach does and honestly if you really wanted a janky stage you could go to maybe delphino or Lylat (lylat destroys suit piece game usually because of the curved slopes)

Peach is actually absolute ass on lylat and is one of her worse stages so he would not cp you there! even bf is good for zss, it is also a good stage for peach for almost as equal reasons as zss

Lastly 1. Blacktwins that was really dumb of me to let you take me to FD With falco but even still I got you to one stock eventually losing and letting the BIRDMAN get that Kawaii *****. Bro game 2 you let me super spike your marth xD.

im surprised you banned 2 of falcos worst stages. Stop doing that lol, also that zss super spike G2 was a charity stock :D

2. I will be trying to do a lot of money matches at smash fests and tournies for brawl I'm Looking to get exp for the following match ups.
My Zss VS : Falco , MK ,Snake , IC's ,Diddy , Marth , DK
If anyone has anytips for these that they can ever give me after watching my matches ether via stream or witnessing at tournies let me know asap :)
Nice tournament I'll see you guys at the next <3.
Hit me up for all those mm's mu's but Diddy in 2 weeks time and il help with the exp :)

color replies are me cough cough

Last edited:

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
@astronaut Good set and sorry i came back for revenge, I had no other choice but to use my limit break "King Yosh the Bosh In the 4th 3rd corner" I already lost a set to you this PR season and if I lost another to you I would be booted off indefinitely...At least I told my self that. I started baiting you to doing things like down airs and wasting fully charged Aura spheres because I couldn't deal with them at the time, (Pro tip Ryoko is FREE as **** vs campy chars).
Tips for next time your fairs were really good but stop trying to gimp me with fair when I'm off stage because you should know this by now I was offically Vishals understudy so I learned the gruelingly hard way to save my jump.

Another thing which will probably **** me over for my next set with you, When you launch me off and you have that full aura sphere and you know i'm going to just go low and tether maybe throw out the aura sphere and then run to the ledge because you might force me to just try to super spike you (which will be next to impossible if I don't have a jump)
Lastly I was murdering you when i could because of your Yolo Fsmashes and Down smashes try to use them better and not just as a GTFO ***** tool.
Thanks for the advice bro, but don't worry. Next time I'm going to actually try.

BCHero

Smash Rookie
Umm, the tournament VOD archive link isn't working. Can you reupload it please?

Top Bottom