• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dungeons & Dragons

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I used to join in with my friend when my friend DMed in high school (which is probably why I'm subbed to this thread from a million years ago)
Now we just play Magic the Gathering haha

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So what's the appeal of this game? Rolling a 50 sided die while the referee guy takes like 20 minutes to read a pamphlet only to give you like two ******** options doesn't seem very much exciting to me.

:phone:

D20

Smash Lord
I'm currently running a game. I forgot how much fun and engaging D&D can be (even for the DM). Anyhow, I have been eying up Pathfinder for a few weeks now... has anyone ran or played in a Pathfinder game yet?

If any players or DMs have any questions for me, I'd be happy to help out. I've ran nearly two dozen campaigns over the last fifteen years... so I like to think that I know a thing or two about the game.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
So what's the appeal of this game? Rolling a 50 sided die while the referee guy takes like 20 minutes to read a pamphlet only to give you like two ******** options doesn't seem very much exciting to me.

:phone:
First off it's a twenty sided die. :awesome:

Second, games are never run like that. Or, at least, good ones. lol

I'm currently running a game. I forgot how much fun and engaging D&D can be (even for the DM). Anyhow, I have been eying up Pathfinder for a few weeks now... has anyone ran or played in a Pathfinder game yet?

If any players or DMs have any questions for me, I'd be happy to help out. I've ran nearly two dozen campaigns over the last fifteen years... so I like to think that I know a thing or two about the game.
I've been browsing Pathfinder too, but I haven't been able to play a game yet. My group is planning on playing a session once we finish one of our 2 games going on right now.

And jeez, that's a lot of time. lol What campaign have you enjoyed the most so far?

D20

Smash Lord
All of the campaigns I have DMed have taken place in homebrewed worlds... inspired by everything from published adventures and settings to books and movies. In almost every case, my last campaign has always been my favorite. In other words... as both myself and my players get better and better at the style of game we play, the campaigns naturally become more and more enjoyable.

My current game, which I've titled "Ghosts of Indigo Marsh," has been an absolute blast. It has certainly been the most realized world I've created, and, likewise, the players have rolled up some truly interesting and engaging personalities. Essentially, the campaign focuses around a haunted swamp that was once home to the infamous Arcane's End, a prison specifically designed for nefarious wizards. In addition, the mysterious and powerful Westenra family has recently taken an uncommon interest in the ghostly denizens of Indigo Marsh, and it is up to the PCs to solve all of the riddles.

Here's the introduction that I read to the players at the start of the campaign. I typically introduce the main theme of the campaign and then begin to develop the physical atmosphere.

Legends... childish stories that take your mind to far away places with far away peoples. They are meant to excite, to fear, to mesmerize. However, if you allow yourself to walk that line between fantasy and reality, you may find that some legends die hard. You may find that others never die at all. You may find yourself in the haunted wastes of Indigo Marsh.

The sun turns red in the western sky, and purple shadows begin to fall on the swaying reeds. The namesake of Indigo Marsh reveals itself in its natural beauty. However, you know that the night will soon fall and that the colors will become memory. The salty vapors sting your nose again and rudely jolt you from your peaceful moment. The muddy sludge of the road sinks into your boots with each step, and the buzz of a hundred cranky flies fills your ears. You feel as if you are swimming, not walking, through the thick summer air. At least it isn't raining...

arch knight

Smash Lord

Ive ran quite a few pathfinder games now its a lot of fun not as complex and 4.0

Personally I love pathfinder cause its got more of the 3.5 feel...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I've been playing on and off since '06. Played a little bit of everything in the 3.0 to 4 styles. Currently playing Deadlands for the first time. Interesting to say the least.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I DM a 3.5 and a 4e campaign, and I just started a new 3.5 campaign as a player.

But yes, we definitely need to rep our tabletop prowess.

We could get a Smasher Campaign set up at roll20.net if anyone is interested...

Top Bottom