• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL Dumbest Spirit Battles

Oddball

Smash Lord
Uhh.... no? The intro clearly shows that all fighters defeated by the beams of light were reverted back to their trophy form and teleported to Galeem's lair. Then it covers them with a magical goop and *poof* clones puppets are made. At no point during the whole adventure Kirby was turned into a trophy and/or kidnapped by Galeem.

The real explanation as to why there are Kirby spirit fights is that they weren't really focused on creating a deep or accurate story. I think they were probably more interested in making a fun mode.
It's not the real Kirby. it's those Kirby enemies from Link's Awakening!

Yeah... that sounds belivable, right?

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
If it hasn't already been said, Eliwood. You need a lava immunity spirit or you literally cannot fight, it's agony

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
If it hasn't already been said, Eliwood. You need a lava immunity spirit or you literally cannot fight, it's agony
That isn't even close to the hardest Spirit Battle with a Lava Floor, and definitely not the hardest with a floor hazard. I lose to Great Zapfish more than I lose to Eliwood.

Dry Bowser and Baby Bowser will **** you right up. One's all lava with occasional curry flames, the other's an Omega form lava stage against a Giant Super Armored Bowser. You have nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
It's not the real Kirby. it's those Kirby enemies from Link's Awakening!

Yeah... that sounds belivable, right?
I know that's not real, but compared to the actual explanation, I'll believe it!

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Mechakoopa…uses :ultbowser: with Bob-Ombs…and not :ultbowserjr:who has the Mechakoopas as his :GCD::GCB:. Like, it’s no even hard or anything, just:

Opponent: :ultbowserjr:
Conditions:

-The enemy favors down specials
Also make him invisible, like Dedede for the spikes. Boom, perfect match.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Several of the Legend fights (and even some nominally lower-ranked ones like Kyogre) are almost impossible with "normal" tactics. The challenge for them is to have enough knowledge of the entire game to discover the correct combination of character moves + spirit powers to exploit whatever special characteristics the enemy or the stage has.
I agree. Back when I was new to this game and did not know how everything worked I thought that the Pauline challenge was bordering on impossible. But it's actually easy once you know the game. In this case, Peach insists on staying far away and you have spirits that can equip you with an item that's more effective on opponents that are far away. So equip such a spirit. It's simple strategies like this that are very useful throughout this game. They're so simple that it's more about just knowing the game than it is about strategic or tactical thinking.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Back when I was new to this game and did not know how everything worked I thought that the Pauline challenge was bordering on impossible. But it's actually easy once you know the game. In this case, Peach insists on staying far away and you have spirits that can equip you with an item that's more effective on opponents that are far away. So equip such a spirit. It's simple strategies like this that are very useful throughout this game. They're so simple that it's more about just knowing the game than it is about strategic or tactical thinking.
Shameless plug of my own videos:
I've got some other Spirit exploits posted to my channel.

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
Starlow uses PAC-MAN due to both being yellow... but isn't Kirby more Similar to Starlow? [Since Both Have more similar proportions in comparation of pac-man and both can fly]

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Easily, the first World of Light spirit battle, the Smoky Progg!
Mario turns into metal for a few seconds... Whoever designed that fight, never played Pikmin. The Smoky Progg is a creature covered in poison that will pursue any Pikmin it sees. That's it. Make the stage covered in poisonous gas. Make the floor poison. Pick a green character at least!
No, it's random Metal Mario. Just wow.
So,etching I’ve been meaning to add; it seems like it was designed like this for the sake of a first battle against Mario, when we could’ve just as easily rescued him for our first fight.

1FC0

Smash Lord
So,etching I’ve been meaning to add; it seems like it was designed like this for the sake of a first battle against Mario, when we could’ve just as easily rescued him for our first fight.
Both Smash Bros. story modes had their first playable fight be a fight between Mario and Kirby.

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
Several of the New ARMS Spirits are a weird
-Like Byte & Barq being :ultmegaman: instead of :ultrob: in Spring Stadium instead of any beach themed stage (Tortimer Island or Wuhu Island)
-Max Brass being :ultkrool: Instead of :ultfalcon: in :norfair: Instead of:porttown:

it bothers me that some of them didnt change in case that you owned Min Min, for Example
-Spring Man still fights in Boxing Ring despite that his stage is the new one
-Spring Man, Twintelle & Min Min (You can still encounter her spirit in WoL) spirits Still Use other tracks instead of their respective themes

And the worst part is that 4 Characters are still missing (Lola Pop, Misango, Springtron & Dr. Coyle)

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Several of the New ARMS Spirits are a weird
-Like Byte & Barq being :ultmegaman: instead of :ultrob: in Spring Stadium instead of any beach themed stage (Tortimer Island or Wuhu Island)
I guess :ultmegaman: was used due to his range being close enough with :ultminmin.
-Max Brass being :ultkrool: Instead of :ultfalcon: in :norfair: Instead of:porttown:
When you look at Max Brass, do you see a fast guy in him?
As for the stage, guess they picked :norfair: for it's intense atmosphere but, like you said, :porttown: would of been better.

it bothers me that some of them didnt change in case that you owned Min Min, for Example
-Spring Man still fights in Boxing Ring despite that his stage is the new one
-Spring Man, Twintelle & Min Min (You can still encounter her spirit in WoL) spirits Still Use other tracks instead of their respective themes
Don't forget about the music.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Honestly, I'm perfectly alright with not changing :ultcorrinf: to :ultminmin in her Spirit Battle. That was originally Min Min's sole representation.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Glad we've got the rematch feature now.

That way we can workshop ways to cheese the more baloney ones.
Party Phil, your days are numbered!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
One thing I found dumb with a lot of the base game ones are for characters that have a close connection to a fighter: they have the fighter helping them, but it’s an alt, despite it representing the actual same character.

Ex: Lillina, Caeda, etc.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Made a challenge to see who could beat the Snorlax spirit without any spirits. (Supports Items allowed if required)

So far beaten it with :ultdoc: and I know :ultpiranha: is possible.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
If you’re having trouble with the Jiggy Spirit Battle, just use a Health Drain item if you have one. You can basically win the battle by doing absolutely nothing.

This game is a masterpiece.
One thing I found dumb with a lot of the base game ones are for characters that have a close connection to a fighter: they have the fighter helping them, but it’s an alt, despite it representing the actual same character.

Ex: Lillina, Caeda, etc.
Come to think of it, a lot of base game Spirit Battles don’t use a fighter’s default colors despite it making sense in context. Examples being:
  • Fox Luigi
  • Biddybuggy
  • Paper Bowser
  • Kaptain K. Rool
  • Impa
  • Ezlo
  • Star Rod
  • Robobot Armor
  • James McCloud
  • Wolfen
  • Venusaur
  • Charmander
  • Blastoise
  • Mega Mewtwo Y
  • Mega Lucario
  • Eliwood
  • Wario-Man
  • Super Sonic
  • Metal Sonic
  • Dr. Light
  • X
  • MegaMan Volnutt
  • MegaMan.EXE
  • Giga Mac
  • Squid Sisters
In fact, the Mechakoopa Spirit, I believe, was so desperate to avoid using Bowser Jr.’s default colors, it just gave up and used the wrong character and made the wrong kind of battle.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
When you look at Max Brass, do you see a fast guy in him?
Late response, but I was thinking :ultfalcon: as Max Brass's Pupper Fighter because they're both flamboyant fighters. They could slow :ultfalcon: down if they wanted to, all you need to do is this:
Max Brass.png Max Brass (ARMS)
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Type: Support (Attack)
Cost: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Critical Super Giant
  • Color: 2
  • Stage: :porttown:
  • Music Track: Sky Arena
  • Match: Stamina (180HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is giant when badly damaged
    • The enemy has increased attack power when badly damaged
    • The enemy has super armor but moves slowly

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Some of the stage choices are kinda off too, like why does the Max Brass fight take place on Norfair?
Were they desperate to have some kind of warm color area to mimic the Sky Arena sunset?

Could have just used Suzaku Castle for that, and is actually around modern buildings, or better yet just use Spring Stadium Omega.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Min Min and Banjo were perfect choices for Spirits like Xiaoyu and Kuma, but I can just let it slide since (sadly) DLC Spirit Boards don't use DLC characters outside of that series.
similarly, sepiroth was perfect for jin from on pythras

Top Bottom