• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ducking Viability from a G&W main

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
While collecting data on ducking and such from G&W I figured other characters with awesome ducks might want in on some of this data collection action.
So I'm gonna share my notes with the Wii Fit, Kirby and Jigglypuff Boards.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Lx4EUmrYVU9hX3ExCAsHea3vZvJdJolXAqV63aZnBM/edit?usp=sharing
Here's a viewing link for most grounded moves G&W can duck in the game. I recommend using it as a springboard since we'll share a lot of the moves.

^I created this tier list from the list based off how much ducking affected the character's ground game.
Explanation of Grading
Grading is based off how effective a G&W who often ducks is against these characters when both are grounded in the neutral
A+: Limits pretty much any good grounded approach option against this character and restricts most options in general, forcing the opponent to change how they play completely
A-: Limits grounded approach options heavily, but there is a way for the opponent to beat it but it takes a large risk in being shielded
B+: Limits enough options or good/often used enough options to make the opponent occasionally think twice about their options
B-: Limits some options but multiple simple and noncommital ways to beat it so that they don't have to change neutral much, or is inconsistent against some options
C: Limits one or two decent options that character has, but you have to duck it on hard read and the opponent has other non-duckable options that have an equal chance of being used, or avoids/makes hard to land a/some good options but is inconsistent(damn you animated hurtboxes!)
D: Can avoid a grounded approach or attack option, but it isn't an often used or good option.
F: Useless, can't avoid anything other than maybe an option that's already never used anyway

OK, that's the common section:

CHARACTER SPECIFIC SECTION;Duck Hunt

TBH I don't know how much you're actually gonna get from this, but hey, it's something! I know you guys have a great DUCK! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Keep on Hunting!

EDIT: This is an alternate version of the tier list that takes a bit more into account how important the moves being ducked are(Actually I just put some characters in the wrong tiers when translating from my Duck List -_-) This time I tried to order them within the tiers up to F where it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom