• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck hunt's new neutral

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
With the change to Trick Shot to make it go further, and floatier, this makes Duck Hunt's old neutral stemming from it as a Flowchart no longer applicable. Characters can run straight under it and punish. Furthermore, the universally less lag makes frisbee and gunmen less helpful as general whiff punishes. Not bad, in fact Frisbee in particular is better since it has autopilot now, and seems to actually beat attacks now (but does not give the combo hit)

Currently, I feel like a Flowchart from Duck Hunt's short hop is likely the option. You SH, if they approach: Fair/Nair (or tomahawk for grab). If they don't, land with a special.

There's also the possibility of Full Hop Can/Gunmen based neutral. Not sure exactly what changed, but now Fair has it's full range when landing after these. In smash 4, you could only get the beginning hitbox out. Which had almost no range, and even less reward.

My issue with both these methods though, as they leave DH's panic option as a double jump, not a shield. And he's pretty susceptible without his DJ.

Will keep recording notes as I get them.

Top Bottom