• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt vs. Reflectors

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
So I've picked up Duck Hunt. Really like the playstyle, having a ton of fun with it. Then I go online and face (in a row might I add), K. Rool, Falco, Wolf, Dr. Mario, Mario, Fox (cue rage quit).

So this leaves me with all of Duck Hunt's other amazing options like: a lackluster aerial game that doesn't connect properly other than up aerial (Down air is absolutely criminal what is this hitbox), Smash attacks that are super easily shielded if you miss the first hit, tilts that don't really offer much usability as you can't safely aim them into the can, and grabs that kill at 800%.

I've been trying to not focus an insane amount on JUST throwing the can (every single post I see about Duck Hunt tips is "KICK. THAT. CAN.") and I can't seem to find many combos that just rely on tilts and aerials that don't involve specials. So any tips on what Duck Hunt can do against reflect characters? Counters seem to be fine but anyone who can bounce projectiles back just seems to hard wall this character.

Top Bottom