• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt Video Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I got this idea after watching Dabuz narrate some G3 top 32 matches on YouTube. Basically, he would pause a match to explain what was going on and/or see why something interacted the way it did. I found myself learning a lot about the properties of moves and the match up, so I wanted to apply this method of learning to other Duck Hunt matches I watch.

In this thread, I will take screenshots of certain interactions I find interesting during a set. This thread shall serve as a database for other Duck Hunts to learn, as most of these scenarios can give Duck Hunt the upper edge and the idea behind this is to know what you can do in a situation, knowing that other Duck Hunts have done so in the past. Studying sets this way can help optimize Duck Hunt play. You can also analyze some sets yourself if you'd like! Just pause during an interaction that seemed interesting, rewind the video, and watch it again. Learn why it happened. Think about the mentality of both players. Think of ways to apply it if it looks like it can be used to improve your game.

What I learned: Can is a good safety button against combo strings. Keeping your calm against Bouncing Fish can lead to punishes if the opponent has a habit of canceling the move after it hits the shield. Proper spacing with the can will assist in anti-Bouncing Fish.

What I Learned: Duck Hunt excels at getting rid of the banana. Can is an important part of this match up, as it can nullify bananas and, by playing close to the can, you will be able to protect yourself from punishes if hit by the banana, as the can will be there to threaten Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Can I get a link to the vids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom