• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck hunt duo: slide glitch

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to bug Nintendo to fix this glitch on Miiverse to no avail (it is a huge problem for duck hunt as it will often stop what would otherwise be a successful KO), however after two patches and nearly 30+ days, they have not fixed what is a seriously fatal issue.

I had experienced but at first thought was perhaps common to other characters or just my playing style, and wasn't discovered until another player on Miiverse complained that duck hunt duo's forward smash A slid the opponent, which I thought sounded like a glitch, and decided to investigate in training mode against Jigglypuff (note, this will work for any character, but the larger they are, the harder it is to pull off because of hitboxes).

I did a demo video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEVpHRo4p_A

Note it seems to occur more regularly against moving opponents, but as I am one person it's not possible for me to test that. It can be replicated, however.

Now originally on analysis, I thought it was the first or second shot (because shot positionings are random) that hit at a high angle and forced the character downward, producing a distinctive 'slide', however using youtube video's editor and slowing the already half-speed record, there appears to be some sort of... red beam thing(?) that hits Jigglypuff prior to the actual shot.

Now I'm not sure what it's purpose is, but it hits JP prior to DHD's shot makes contact.

This bug will occur even at 999%.

Could we encourage Nintendo to fix this problem? It has been the cause of countless deaths for me, and no doubt many other DHD players.

Last edited:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
They attempted to fix it (as far as we know) with the recent hitbox size increase on its shots. Didn't work.

Happens with all of his smashes, dsmash is just the least likely to **** up.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
They attempted to fix it (as far as we know) with the recent hitbox size increase on its shots. Didn't work.
I can certainly say it's much harder to pull off against a stationary character, but it occurs at about the same rate for moving characters. But you're right it doesn't fix it as it doesn't address the problem - which seems to whatever that red beam thing is:

For some reason it hits Jigglypuff prior to the shots. I think it's somehow part of the hit detection (because it seems to roughly equal the path of the shots) but it actually collides and therefore knocks back Jigglypuff. So increasing the hitbox detection won't solve it because the shots aren't actually responsible (I had believed it was the shots but the red beam literally lasts about 2 frames in a x8 slowed down video so I didn't notice it originally).

The solution would be, either to make the red beam not cause physical collision, or, make it's physical collision launch as normal.

arf

Smash Rookie
What the hell is that and why the hell is it in our fsmashes good lord Nintendo are you just trying to make our DHD lives more frustrating

Last edited:

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
What the hell is that and why the hell is it in our fsmashes good lord Nintendo are you just trying to make our DHD lives more frustrating
Yes. The answer to that is yes.

They gave us this nice jab buff to throw us off the trail.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
I encourage you all to complain to Nintendo about fixing the slide glitch. It is a completely game breaking glitch because it will cause KO failures in at least 50% of matches (if it's there maliciously then... say what?). This is no small issue when duck hunt duo's forward smash A is so slow you rarely get an opportunity to connect, and given DHD is easily launched himself, it often becomes you'll get a slide glitch on a high percent player who then KOs you...

I've made a copy of the video that's slowed to x8 so you can see the red beam yourself:

Ninetale3

Smash Cadet
From the looks of that slowdown. This seems to be an issue if the beam connects aligned to the second shot. Which, if that's the case, then I could see this being difficult to fix. Reducing the beams power to a jab strength could make the attack shielded mid smash which would be even worse than the push back. Removing the beam itself would make it inconsistent due to the seconds shots tendency to deviate up and down as well. If the shot deviates down then it's push back again.

The best solution I could think of is turn the beam property to paralyze on hit but that could look off aesthetically speaking.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
From the looks of that slowdown. This seems to be an issue if the beam connects aligned to the second shot. Which, if that's the case, then I could see this being difficult to fix. Reducing the beams power to a jab strength could make the attack shielded mid smash which would be even worse than the push back. Removing the beam itself would make it inconsistent due to the seconds shots tendency to deviate up and down as well. If the shot deviates down then it's push back again.

The best solution I could think of is turn the beam property to paralyze on hit but that could look off aesthetically speaking.
Maybe they could try removing the beam and giving the first two shots set knockback so that they always lead to the third shot.

Ninetale3

Smash Cadet
Maybe they could try removing the beam and giving the first two shots set knockback so that they always lead to the third shot.
That could work though in that case the second shot's reticle would need it's deviation removed to be locked in to the line. After that, There might still be issues with fast falling characters but it's a start.

Top Bottom