• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt as a revival of the character?

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Wii Play was a disappointing Duck Hunt sequel. They could've added him at least ONCE!

If they did Banjo-Kazooie styled collectathon, it'd be weird. The two don't feel like Banjo-Kazooie rip-offs in the first place, if they were put in a similar location with a similar purpose, you'd have a reskin with so many similarities to the original that it could be possible to sue. Even if the characters are older, you're still putting a creature in with a bird that helps him attack, and they have to go through an expansive world collect-a-thon.

It'd be like Dillon suddenly got a reboot to act like the Genesis Sonic games.

However, as a Wii U/3DS game, I'd certainly see appeal as a E-shop download, but not as a full-fledged title. If they REALLY are interested, and create a game that still has the feeling of Duck Hunt, I'd enjoy it. But there's only so much you can do with the story "A dog and duck work together". Who are the villains? Other ducks?

Personally, a full-fledged game featuring forgotten characters working together (Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, Mike Jones, Lip, Balloon Fighter) to fight an evil force would be amazing. I might just reboot that old project I had with a very similar idea.
I could see it as an indie platformer

Dan

Smash Lord
I would rather see a new IP for that. I wouldn't want to see Duck Hunt diminished to just a replacement for Banjo-Kazooie.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
:icsmelee:: Nope, They will crash and burn just like me.

Last edited:

Gamera

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3798-0470-3178
It'd be a neat "mini-game" for the 3DS and perhaps for phones if Nintendo ever decides to do anything with phones. So, kind of like the Dr. Luigi game or a Captain Toad game. Just a game to mess around, have fun, and kill time (and the smug dog). :p

I don't see it becoming a platforming, but everything's possible right? It would work as a spin-off, but not a revival since it's Duck Hunt, not the Wacky Adventures of a Dog and Duck.
True, although i honestly wouldn't mind playing that. J
Welcome to Big Duck Hunter Pro!

I would want a Duck Hunt cartoon in the style of Tom and Jerry.
You know, with these DHD recolors in Smash... we could easily have a multiplayer Duck Hunt game... maybe make it like an arcade first person shooter with auto scrolling stages. Players shoot down ducks, cans, wild gunmen, cardboard cutouts, etc.
Sounds like something that they should have included in Nintendo Land.

Top Bottom